Liberty Eylau(0-4) vs Argyle(3-0) in Sulphur Springs Week 5

regaleagle

I do totally expect Argyle to be without their top RB Tito Byce with a sprained ankle from the Chapel Hill game.  Argyle's top corner Conner Kilgore has been on crutches the past two games and may be out all the way thru district play......he's a senior and  a team captain.  He's a leader on that defense and missing right now.

Byce is a major part of the Argyle attack.  His rushing totals in 3 games this season has eclipsed the 450 mark......which means he's averaging over 150 rushing yards per game against some pretty darn good teams.  And doing that while Hogeboom and the rest of the Eagles are passing for almost 300 yds per game.  Remember that Argyle is averaging just over 550 total yds/game so far this season. With Byce on the sidelines now I expect to see that number go down quite a bit.  I don't think Argyle's offense will be as effective when Byce as a running threat is removed from the offensive equation.  Luke Ferris(Sr.) is the other RB and does have 2 yrs of varsity seasoning.......we will see how he does as Argyle's main running threat tonight. His style of running is different than Byce, but he has been able to break off some big ones in his career.  

Argyle's front line on offense is young, but has been surprisingly good so far.  They average over 260 lbs. as a unit.....could be more except for the center being the lightest at 240 lbs. They have been able to give Hogeboom the time he needs and open up some creases for the RB's so far this season.  I think they will only get better from this point forward now that the Bye Week is behind them.  Argyle will now start a weekly run of 7 games in a row before we get to the playoffs.

I think we will now see Argyle's Jasper Lott(Jr.;6-6/245; TE/DT), a 3-Star 247 Sports and Rivals recruit, begin taking on an ever-increasing role on offense.  He's already a huge presence on defense and has been able to score a couple of TD's for Argyle's offense at the TE position.  He has the tools and is only a junior this season. He will also most probably continue playing basketball for the Eagles......which gives him even more opportunity after the football season to hone his skill sets in preparation for his senior season. Just look for the "big guy" on both sides of the ball that can run too!  He wears #87.

I won't be personally attending this game in Sulphur Springs tonight, but will stay here on Smoaky with the play by play that I will be relating from the call of the Argyle Broadcast Network.  Anybody can google up the broadcast on Sportsgram, then hit the LISTEN LIVE button to listen to the play by play call of this game from the Argyle broadcasters. Kickoff will commence at 7:00 PM tonight, but the pre-game broadcast starts at 6:30.

None of the current Argyle Eagles players know just how good L-E was several years ago when these teams met in consecutive years in the 4th Round of the playoffs.  Those games ended up in Argyle's favor by only 3 points......both games.  Both games could have easily been won by L-E.  All this current bunch knows is the big win they had last season against L-E.  I hope they are not expecting the same kind of result to happen tonight......because they will be sorely disappointed if they are.  I'm certain that Coach Rodgers has made it clear as a bell to his staff and to the players just how close those games were in 2014 and 2015.  Argyle has had two weeks to prepare for this game......although they usually use one week for working on team and the next week for concentrating on the next opponent.  There were some players with injuries early in the season and also a couple from the Chapel Hill game 2 weeks ago.....both at the RB position for Argyle.  At least they have had some time to figure out their situation with those players and at the RB position.

Okay......the pregame broadcast has begun now.  I will be here posting as many updates and plays as humanly possible.  Sometimes the action happens so fast that it's impossible to keep up with the broadcasters on each play( it is impossible).  But I will definitely let everyone know what's going on in the game even though some plays are skipped.

Coach Rodgers said that L-E is very athletic and will rely heavily on the deep ball to change the course of the game in one play.....they like to do this and will attack Argyle's defense with their speed and athleticism.  Argyle plans to work quickly on offense and run the ball.  They will also be using many more players tonight in all phases to give some of the younger talent on the team more playing time so that the staff can evaluate those players at this stage of the season.  They have also worked heavily on special teams this past week with those younger players to try to capture an advantage in those phases of the game.

Handoff up the middle looks like Anderson breaks it all they way to the goal line and he gets it in for a TD.  The left side of the LE line opened up a big hole there.  The kick is good and LE has taken an early lead capitalizing on that first play turnover.

LE 7-0 that fast.   They don't look like a (0-4) team now, LOL.

Looks like Hogeboom throws a play action to the sideline and it's intercepted and taken to the house by the LE defender.  He was sitting on that play and stepped in front and took off for a loong Pick 6 play.  LE has now taken a 14-0 lead against Argyle with two turnovers converted early in this game.  It looked like Argyle was marching in for a score, then just that fast LE takes a commanding lead in this game in the first quarter.