Greta Thunberg compared to Nazi propaganda girl by US commentator

RETIREDFAN1

13 hours ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

FB_IMG_1569317731300.jpg

This is exactly what I was thinking today.  A little girl that has basically dropped out of school, because she's so worried about something that the left keeps pounding into these kids heads.  Maybe if she was taking science classes that weren't filled with propaganda from the left, and only left it to Science she would understand that in fact there isn't any global warming that has been significant.  She's only been on this world for 16 years, and started her movement at the age of 15.  She has not seen the cycles of weather in her short lifespan.  She has not experienced the bitter cold winters or mild winters, nor the mild summers and hot summers.  She is simply basing this on what teachers have been teaching as fact, when it is simply a theory based on computer analysis and not the actual Scientific Process that many of us have learned.  

Even if she had an I.Q. of 200 that would not make her an expert, because of her inexperience.  She is not expanding her education, but instead profiteering off being an activist at a young age.  Will she ever return to school to increase her studies in the field that she voices so much concern about.  I can't say I'll live 20-30 more years, but I would love to see what she actually does with her life.  I would bet that she does not even go to college.  She wouldn't have to because of the donations that propel her to indulge her whim.  She has stated that she does not use air travel to lessen her carbon footprint.  I would wonder if she travels by sailboat, schooners, or clipper ships. I would highly doubt that, because I haven't seen many that are used for mass transportation.  I'm sure there are some in Europe, but use across the rest of the world is minimal at best.   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

That is your response to a teenager being passionate about an issue? Really? A little cynical for me, at this point. If they are out of school, speaking to the UN, I am fairly sure I might be impressed with that, were it my student. 

Was actually listening to the radio this morning about how in 2008, both Democrats and Republicans were uniting to combat climate change, until the TEA PARTY and the Kochs started to attack it with both hands, then the GOP turned tail and ran away from the issue and became deniers and mutterers about it. But, from what I have read, those who fit this board, complete denial and 'all a hoax' and blah, blah, blah, are only about TEN percent of the populace. Sooner or later, hopefully sooner, there will be meaningful movement to address it.

STEP ONE: remove the stooge in the White House who is doing everything he can to kowtow to anti-environmental forces for $$$$$$ and right wing dogma. 

You can go back all 50 years of my life, and I have not seen global cooling or warming as a trending change, yet I've seen those in many years of my life.  I have lived through the global cooling talk, the acid rain talk whatever happened to it (?), the red tide explosions, and now global warming/climate change or whatever they want to call it.  So NO, it did not change with the tea party.  I have stated why I believe many people buy into global warming, and it's because of lack of activities outside.  They have become too dependent on "global warming" devices that keep them cool in the summer and warm in the winter.  I would guarantee that if you brought anyone from any other time period in human history to today's world none of them would be talking about how much hotter it is than it was during the dispensation that they lived.  This book was written in 1935, In this book entitled "90 Degrees in the Shade" by Clarence Cason it is not about the weather as the title would suggest, but how the south was culturally.  Yes even then it was that hot in the shade during the summer, and long before that as well.  

7 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

So we can't criticize a kid (who is obviously a lefty puppet) because she's "just a kid", but the Covington students can get raked over the coals on CNN and MSNBC for simply supporting the president?

Using kids to push your politics is right out of the Nazi handbook. Which isn't surprising coming from the left. 

He wasn't even seeking publicity, and was only there for a field trip.  Had it not been for his group being attacked on both sides we would have never even heard of him.  He was simply caught in the middle.  

45 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I would wonder if she travels by sailboat, schooners, or clipper ships. I would highly doubt that, because I haven't seen many that are used for mass transportation.  I'm sure there are some in Europe, but use across the rest of the world is minimal at best.   

Actually she does travel in a 60 ft sailboat that is eco friendly. 

But that being said, I am not about to give up my large SUV to drive some low rent electric car because some child doesn't want to go to school. I have got 2 daughter that have tried that ####, but I got them up and sent them anyways. My daughters can protest on their time (weekends), not school time. LOL. 

On 9/24/2019 at 1:37 PM, BarryLaverty said:
Separately on Monday, Thunberg and 15 other children filed a complaint with the United Nations alleging that five of the world's leading economies have violated their human rights by not taking adequate action to stop the unfolding climate crisis.
The petition names five countries -- Germany, France, Brazil, Argentina and Turkey -- that they say have failed to uphold their obligations under the Convention on the Rights of the Child, a 30-year-old human rights treaty that is the most widely ratified in history.

And, she was speaking to WORLD LEADERS, without naming specific countries, besides that. Trump, of course, took time to mock her. 

They can take their poor little violated rights and #### off.  

3 hours ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

70770814_2795549670477615_2819715930416742400_n.jpg

Yep, it's strange that the top 12 polluters are in Asia, but lets attack Donald Trump and America since it's so easy to do.  The U.S. is #65, for our population size that's an excellent job of curbing out pollution to the world.  https://www.airvisual.com/world-most-polluted-countries .  Climate change is only in the programs of the computers, without actual Science being performed.  

• Like 1