10-4A??

TankMcNamara

With Carthage being the favorite of this District and only game . Any of yall going are got a prediction. Personally I believe it will be very close with PG winning. However,  everyone loves a winner so I wouldn't be disappointed in a Dawgs victory.

58 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

With Carthage being the favorite of this District and only game . Any of yall going are got a prediction. Personally I believe it will be very close with PG winning. However,  everyone loves a winner so I wouldn't be disappointed in a Dawgs victory.

This should be a good game. If it weren't so far, I'd be tempted to go since it's bye for us. I think a close game with Carthage winning. Wonder if this will be on the radio or online?

3 minutes ago, Vandalman said:

This should be a good game. If it weren't so far, I'd be tempted to go since it's bye for us. I think a close game with Carthage winning. Wonder if this will be on the radio or online?

KGAS out of Carthage - both radio and the net......104.3

2 minutes ago, Vandalman said:

Radio yes multiple stations.   All indications are the best we will get for video will be the full length game available early Sat morning on YouTube.

1 hour ago, Vandalman said:

Texarkana station does good job if you wanna hear a less homer version. 

Carthage has station too if you wanna hear three guys talk over each other.  

• LOL! 1

Only thing from this game will tell me is. 

In order which is likely:

1. Carthage wins close: They are back 

2. PG wins close : They are still the a contender for State

3. Carthage wins big . Pre order the Rings

4. PG wins big : Everybody we got hope

About what most expected from Carthage. You are kidding yourselve To say they aren't the favorites for 10-0 . Impressive win on the road and had key injuries to with it. All they do is win starting at the lower levels on up. I don't believe that is a coincidence for being that consistent. Most schools want to achieve that . #7 is looking promising and they are unbelievable.

On 10/1/2019 at 7:18 PM, Eagleborn said:

Texarkana station does good job if you wanna hear a less homer version. 

Carthage has station too if you wanna hear three guys talk over each other.  

Haha!! Hey now, don’t be talking down on our Larry Allen! That’s one wise gentleman and he’s Bulldog through and through!!

😀

1 hour ago, Champ1000 said:

About what most expected from Carthage. You are kidding yourselve To say they aren't the favorites for 10-0 . Impressive win on the road and had key injuries to with it. All they do is win starting at the lower levels on up. I don't believe that is a coincidence for being that consistent. Most schools want to achieve that . #7 is looking promising and they are unbelievable.

Dawgs are something else. Surratt has this thing humming from 8th grade through varsity.

If we had to choose a coach for the Bulldogs I’d vote for Surratt against any coach on earth. I know that sounds crazy, but my gosh you can’t deny the success he’s had at Carthage.

This is always a topic of discussion:

We’re not looking forward to the day we lose him. One day it’ll happen one way or another.

We’d best enjoy it while we can! Hopefully he gets ahold of some young coach and coaches him up to his standards and when the day comes Surratt leaves or retires from CISD he’ll have groomed and hand picked his replacement.

Fingers crosses Surratt’s departure is many, many years from now. Just saying things can change in an instant so we need to enjoy every bit of this while we can and never take any of it for granted. Not too terribly long ago Carthage was a team with plenty of athletes, but no one to captain the ship.

WE HAVE OUR CAPTAIN NOW!

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Dawgs are something else. Surratt has this thing humming from 8th grade through varsity.

If we had to choose a coach for the Bulldogs I’d vote for Surratt against any coach on earth. I know that sounds crazy, but my gosh you can’t deny the success he’s had at Carthage.

This is always a topic of discussion:

We’re not looking forward to the day we lose him. One day it’ll happen one way or another.

We’d best enjoy it while we can! Hopefully he gets ahold of some young coach and coaches him up to his standards and when the day comes Surratt leaves or retires from CISD he’ll have groomed and hand picked his replacement.

Fingers crosses Surratt’s departure is many, many years from now. Just saying things can change in an instant so we need to enjoy every bit of this while we can and never take any of it for granted. Not too terribly long ago Carthage was a team with plenty of athletes, but no one to captain the ship.

WE HAVE OUR CAPTAIN NOW!

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

So, no chance he's retiring before next week then?🤣

A comparison of the strongest districts (at least 4 ranked in top 30)

10-4A

Carthage           1

Van                     6

Henderson       10 

Chapel Hill        21

7-4A

Argyle                  2

Melissa               8

Paris                    9

Celina                23

4-4A

Springtown         3

Decatur               5

Hirschi               17

Gainesville        28

13-4A

Columbia          11

Needville           13

Sealy                  19

Brazosport        25

• Thanks 1

On 10/3/2019 at 8:27 AM, Champ1000 said:

Only thing from this game will tell me is. 

In order which is likely:

1. Carthage wins close: They are back 

2. PG wins close : They are still the a contender for State

3. Carthage wins big . Pre order the Rings

4. PG wins big : Everybody we got hope

So, which should we say happened, #1 or #3?

10 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

You are crazy if you think it will be easy. You are sounded like another carthage homer now.....

Best defense we have ever fielded and our offense is starting to click.  It was easy the last time we won it why should this one be any different.   

• Thumbs Down 1