10-4A??

TankMcNamara

1 minute ago, Champ1000 said:

No one has three losses so how can they ?

I won’t get into all the scenarios in this district.  But just look at this -

5 - 0 

4 - 1 

3 - 2 

2 - 3 

1 - 4

0 - 5 

Those records happen a lot in 6 team districts. What is the record of the 4th place team ?

21 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

I won’t get into all the scenarios in this district.  But just look at this -

5 - 0 

4 - 1 

3 - 2 

2 - 3 

1 - 4

0 - 5 

Those records happen a lot in 6 team districts. What is the record of the 4th place team ?

I think it's going to be more like:

5 - 0

3 - 2

3 - 2

2 - 3

2 - 3

0 - 5

13 hours ago, cotton84 said:

Van beat Pali.  If they end up tied for 4th/5th, Van goes to playoffs. 

No, because If Van Loses to Henderson it will go by points. Palestine beat Hendo by 22 and lost to Van by 7 so If Palestine loses 1, Henderson would have to beat Van by 15+

if Palestine Wins our then they would get second. Because they Would have beaten Henderson and Kilgore. 

37 minutes ago, LordSensai said:

No, because If Van Loses to Henderson it will go by points. Palestine beat Hendo by 22 and lost to Van by 7 so If Palestine loses 1, Henderson would have to beat Van by 15+

if Palestine Wins our then they would get second. Because they Would have beaten Henderson and Kilgore. 

Like I said, nothing against Van at all, But if Henderson doesn't beat them "who cares about injuries" they need to stay home.

Same can be said about Kilgore against Pali even though that lopsised score Pali put up against Henderson.

• Stinks 2

4 hours ago, LordSensai said:

Sorry, but I am correct. 
Carthage 5 - 0

Hendo 3 - 2

Kilgore 3 - 2

Van 2 - 3

Pali 2 - 3

C H 0 - 5

No tie- breaker using points is used. 
Hendo beat Kilgore, they go to playoffs as 2nd seed. 
Van beat Pali, they go to playoffs as 4th seed. 

There are all kinds of scenarios still possible with 2 weeks left. But a guy asked me a question about the above scenario, and I answered correctly. 

MOST LIKELY SCENARIO … let me repeat that: MOST LIKELY SCENARIO

I understand that most anybody can beat most anybody under certain unseen conditions … but I'm going to play like this is the MOST LIKELY SCENARIO … with emphasis on the belief that Carthage will not fold like a wet taco for the final two weeks and the Mount Vernon duo will not show up and enroll at the Hill on Monday. Yes, Virginia, there really is a Santa Clause, but he MOST LIKELY won't be making a appearance during the next two weeks.

In reality, the schedule kinda favors Palestine and Van because they have CH left on their schedule (which they must have to achieve the 3-2 platform) while Hendo and Kilgy have Carthage left on theirs. Which means it still boils down to Kilgy vs Pali this week and Hendo vs Van the next.  That being said, it shapes up to this - the way I see it, it comes down to the two winners in the playoffs (with seeds determined by head-to-head) and the two losers – with their head-to-head deciding who goes in as the 4th seed and who stays home.

Yes, there are other scenarios … but using on the previous eight games as a pathfinder, I believe it's still all gonna boil down to Kilgore vs Palestine this week and Van vs Henderson next week. The bad thing is a pretty cotton-picking good team is going to be left out – which is sad for the kids, but which is nothing new for the DOD at playoff time.

I'm sorry if my comments result in someone getting their panties in a wad. So if you need, here's a visual to help you with your own scenario. Mine doesn't make it real – it just makes it mine. And, hey, I'm just the 250 pound old coach in the room – still haunted by a few long ago play calls made on 4th and Goal from the 2.

chart 2.jpg

1 hour ago, DOB said:

MOST LIKELY SCENARIO … let me repeat that: MOST LIKELY SCENARIO

I understand that most anybody can beat most anybody under certain unseen conditions … but I'm going to play like this is the MOST LIKELY SCENARIO … with emphasis on the belief that Carthage will not fold like a wet taco for the final two weeks and the Mount Vernon duo will not show up and enroll at the Hill on Monday. Yes, Virginia, there really is a Santa Clause, but he MOST LIKELY won't be making a appearance during the next two weeks.

In reality, the schedule kinda favors Palestine and Van because they have CH left on their schedule (which they must have to achieve the 3-2 platform) while Hendo and Kilgy have Carthage left on theirs. Which means it still boils down to Kilgy vs Pali this week and Hendo vs Van the next.  That being said, it shapes up to this - the way I see it, it comes down to the two winners in the playoffs (with seeds determined by head-to-head) and the two losers – with their head-to-head deciding who goes in as the 4th seed and who stays home.

Yes, there are other scenarios … but using on the previous eight games as a pathfinder, I believe it's still all gonna boil down to Kilgore vs Palestine this week and Van vs Henderson next week. The bad thing is a pretty cotton-picking good team is going to be left out – which is sad for the kids, but which is nothing new for the DOD at playoff time.

I'm sorry if my comments result in someone getting their panties in a wad. So if you need, here's a visual to help you with your own scenario. Mine doesn't make it real – it just makes it mine. And, hey, I'm just the 250 pound old coach in the room – still haunted by a few long ago play calls made on 4th and Goal from the 2.

chart 2.jpg

Man, that 22-pt. loss by Henderson sticks out.

Kilgore/Palestine should be the closest game this week.

Henderson/Carthage could be a close one.

Van/Chapel Hill is the Bulldogs' last chance to be considered for the post-season.

54 minutes ago, KildogDad said:

Man, that 22-pt. loss by Henderson sticks out.

Kilgore/Palestine should be the closest game this week.

Henderson/Carthage could be a close one.

Van/Chapel Hill is the Bulldogs' last chance to be considered for the post-season.

Hendo ain’t finishing less than 28 points behind Carthage. 

On 10/25/2019 at 10:57 PM, KildogDad said:

All four "middle" teams have 1-1 records against each other.

Kilgore beat Van by 6. Van beat Palestine by 7. Palestine beat Henderson by 22. Henderson beat Kilgore by 7.

Next round: Kilgore at Palestine next Friday and Palestine needs a win to stay in the hunt.

The middle four teams after tonight:

Palestine is 2-1

Van is 1-1

Henderson is 1-1

Kilgore is 1-2

On 10/27/2019 at 1:56 AM, cotton84 said:

Sorry, but I am correct. 
Carthage 5 - 0

Hendo 3 - 2

Kilgore 3 - 2

Van 2 - 3

Pali 2 - 3

C H 0 - 5

No tie- breaker using points is used. 
Hendo beat Kilgore, they go to playoffs as 2nd seed. 
Van beat Pali, they go to playoffs as 4th seed. 

There are all kinds of scenarios still possible with 2 weeks left. But a guy asked me a question about the above scenario, and I answered correctly. 

What was that?