10-4A??

TankMcNamara

1 hour ago, JBizzle said:

I think Van/Henderson is the game of the week. Playoff implications and two teams that should be pretty well matched.

i never ever pull for  henderson but if this is an elimination game i  sorta want henderson in the playoffs so carthage seniors will have the opportunity to get their 6th win in three years on the lions.  

• LOL! 1

Strongest districts according to Cal/Maxpreps:

10-4A

Carthage                 1

Van                          8

Henderson            11

Palestine               24

Kilgore                   27

7-4A

Argyle                     2

Melissa                  7

Celina                   13

Paris                     17

4-4A

Decatur                  4

Springtown           5

Gainesville           25

Hirschi                  28

So if the games go as it seems most folks think it will go, with Carthage, Henderson, and Palestine, wouldn't this be the final standings:

Carthage - 5-0

Palestine - 3-2 - 2nd place by tie-breaker over Henderson

Henderson - 3-2

Kilgore - 2-3 - 4th place by tie-breaker over Van

While poking around calpreps.com, I found a national ranking of districts.

Here are the top ones from Texas:

#12 - 6A Region II District 11 - Longview's district

#21 - 6A Region I District 7 - Cedar Hill and DeSoto

#26 - TAPPS Division 1 District 2 - Parish Episcopal and Prestonwood Christian

#32 - 6A Region I District 5 - Southlake Carroll, Denton Guyer

#40 - 6A Region III District 19 - Katy

#51 - 4A-1 Region III District 10 - little old us

4 hours ago, KildogDad said:

So if the games go as it seems most folks think it will go, with Carthage, Henderson, and Palestine, wouldn't this be the final standings:

Carthage - 5-0

Palestine - 3-2 - 2nd place by tie-breaker over Henderson

Henderson - 3-2

Kilgore - 2-3 - 4th place by tie-breaker over Van

I would take it lol. This inconsistent non fundamental will not get it. JMO

5 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

On a different note, Padilla tweeted that he expects Carthage to be the biggest 4AD2 team in the realignment. Will be interesting to see where they land 

At one time, Surratt said he wanted to play D1 and would ask the UIL to do so. IDK about now, but I would believe he still likes the challenge to beat anyone in a decent range of his enrollment. He calls big plays like no other. He makes halftime adjustments like no other. In other words, he likes a challenge. I accepted his challenge on the golf course and I'm scratch. I gave him a shot a nine and paid.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

At one time, Surratt said he wanted to play D1 and would ask the UIL to do so. IDK about now, but I would believe he still likes the challenge to beat anyone in a decent range of his enrollment. He calls big plays like no other. He makes halftime adjustments like no other. In other words, he likes a challenge. I accepted his challenge on the golf course and I'm scratch. I gave him a shot a nine and paid.

I wonder about that, since it’s only for football. I wonder if the UIL will let you opt up from DII to DI since it’s only for football.

23 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I can't imagine him asking to play in D1. But could be wrong. Obviously not for competition reasons. We all know that is not an issue.  Lol. They can beat anyone in either division.  And a lot of 5a. Lol

4 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

I'm not sure how that works. I know in multi school districts you can for travel reasons. But not sure if you can just choose to?

Schools have done it for example if they want to stay in 6a instead of dropping to 5a for the reason you said, but with them going to still be 4a for all other sports I don’t know what the UIL would say. 

9 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Schools have done it for example if they want to stay in 6a instead of dropping to 5a for the reason you said, but with them going to still be 4a for all other sports I don’t know what the UIL would say. 

Right. I feel like travel is what is usually used as the factor for asking? Which might still work depending on what district they are put in. 

Palestine is probably the biggest surprise and should win coach of the year . I am sure Surratt wouldn't mind sharing his annual award. 

This District may not be as strong as years past but it is definitely competitive. 

I thought Chapel Hill would take more strides but probably a year or two away. 

Anyone know about the other District. I haven't heard anything about Midlothian Heritage . MH was very good last year. 

4 hours ago, wildcatphs said:

Wow!!!! Never in a million years, would I've ever thought that Palestine would actually have a chance at 2nd place in this district.

You guys deserve it.  Scrappy team that plays with a heart. I am glad the cats found success with Angel again. Looks like he brought back the program where he left out. Two upsets victory looks nice for Palestine. 

9 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Surratt is not a normal human. I read an article from an ex competitor of Surratt’s in high school. They played all sports against each other. It was a cool article written in the buildup to the PG game earlier this season. Writer said Surratt is really talented at everything he decides to do or anything you’re trying to beat him at. 

I am also aware of how talented a golfer Surratt is. Mix that in with how competitive he is - you shouldn’t have given him any mulligans or extra strokes!!! Haha

4 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

N/M I found the link courtesy of Eagle http://www.theathleticsdepartment.com/football/standings/UIL/?yr=2019&clas=3

Looks 1. Carthage vs 4. Wax Life 

Does 2 play 2 or 2s play the 3rd seed?

@DawgNation2015 @CarthDawg77

I don’t think this is correct.  D9 currently is as follows:

Mid Heritage - 4/0

Crandall - 3/1

Wax Life - 2/2

Athen - 2/2

Wax Life beat Athens in head to head.