The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
topher805

2019-2020 NCAA Basketball

While we are a month away from the season beginning, some big news dropped today.

Kansas Charged with Multiple Level 1 Violations

I think everyone has assumed Kansas is going to take a hit, but the last two names mentioned in the story are interesting. Whether or not the NCAA moves to investigate or do anything about UNC or Duke will be very interesting...

• Thanks 1

On 9/23/2019 at 5:30 PM, topher805 said:

While we are a month away from the season beginning, some big news dropped today.

Kansas Charged with Multiple Level 1 Violations

I think everyone has assumed Kansas is going to take a hit, but the last two names mentioned in the story are interesting. Whether or not the NCAA moves to investigate or do anything about UNC or Duke will be very interesting...

They will never do anything to ole Roy and the Tar Heels that’s for sure. 

Just a couple more weeks til the season begins!

#2 UK looked good today, but we lost Nick Richards to a rolled ankle early 2nd half, might be out for the biggie next week versus #1 Sparty. Not good. 

Nice matchups tonight. 

1 hour ago, topher805 said:

Not impressed with Duke

KU disappointed me. Almost 30 turnovers. 

Feel good story alert: Texas guard Andrew Jones in his first game back after a battle with cancer had a career high 20 points tonight in a win over Northern Colorado. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

KU disappointed me. Almost 30 turnovers. 

KU needs a change in leadership. 

Kentucky is looking mean defensively. Need to find more offense outside of the charity stripe. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, topher805 said:

KU needs a change in leadership. 

Kentucky is looking mean defensively. Need to find more offense outside of the charity stripe. 

I agree

Kentucky plucks another stud FR from Texas (South Garland - Dallas)...Tyrese Maxey scores 26 off the bench in 69-62 win over Michigan State. Sure would have looked good in burnt orange...of course our coach would just mess him up. At least we have "D Coordinator" now...so it may be a new voice on the bench when doofus is in tard mode...so in other words...game time.

Maxey our best player. Cal high on him. 

The NCAA has ruled Memphis F/C James Wiseman -- the possible No. 1 overall pick in 2020 NBA Draft -- ineligible, his lawyers said in Memphis.

2 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

The NCAA has ruled Memphis F/C James Wiseman -- the possible No. 1 overall pick in 2020 NBA Draft -- ineligible, his lawyers said in Memphis.

Right after that broke Shelby County judge granted a temporary restraining order, allowing Wiseman to play tonight against Illinois-Chicago. This is going to be fun...Apparently Penny Hardaway helped Wiseman move to Memphis in 2018, and the NCAA deems Hardaway a booster at the time. 

In SEC news, Mississippi State is training Sam Houston 34-27 at the half. Sam led 34-17 with 3:00 left, but Miss State ended the half on an impressive 10-0 run...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, topher805 said:

Right after that broke Shelby County judge granted a temporary restraining order, allowing Wiseman to play tonight against Illinois-Chicago. This is going to be fun...Apparently Penny Hardaway helped Wiseman move to Memphis in 2018, and the NCAA deems Hardaway a booster at the time. 

In SEC news, Mississippi State is training Sam Houston 34-27 at the half. Sam led 34-17 with 3:00 left, but Miss State ended the half on an impressive 10-0 run...

You right. 

I have no words. Smh

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

I have no words. Smh

I gonna say a little prayer for you if thats all right. 

A difficult week for you.

12 hours ago, Red90fly said:

#1 Kentucky just lost at home to some school named Evansville.

Live and die with Freshmen :) 

SFA goes to #1 Dook and beats em in OT!😂

Duke falls to Stephen F. Austin 85-83 😱

Last time Duke lost at home to an unranked non-Power Conference team was Jan. 5, 1983 vs Wagner https://t.co/vFb5rosL6F

I wasn't even born yet. Good grief