2019-2020 NCAA Basketball

topher805

LSU looks like a bubble team that should get in.  They can't afford anymore bad losses though.  With wins over A&M Saturday and 2 winnable games vs Arkansas and Georgia before the conference tournament that should lock them in at an 8 seed.  If they can make a run to the Semis or Finals of the SEC we could see them as high as a 4 or 5.

7ft 5* gets hardly any playing time but shows flashes of being pretty good. But we would rather start guys that can’t hit the Broadside of a barn and let a guy that shoots knuckleball play. Lol

1 hour ago, ETXfan16 said:

By golly Shaka might just get another year.

Please, no.

Had a former student message me saying the same thing. I think he is out regardless, but he is definitely making it tougher on the decision makers...

7 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

By golly Shaka might just get another year.

Please, no.

What's crazy is if Tech loses to KU (very possible) and Texas wins @ home vs OK State (also very possible), then Texas is all alone in 3rd place in the final Big 12 standings.

On 3/4/2020 at 9:24 AM, topher805 said:

Had a former student message me saying the same thing. I think he is out regardless, but he is definitely making it tougher on the decision makers...

I think he’s out too and I think the winning streak might help with that. It might lead to another school taking him off Texas hands. At least that is my hope.

Say they hold this hot streak. They do well in the Big XII tournament and make the NCAA. They won't be seeded well. I'm guessing they get in as an 8 or 9 seed at best. They will not get out of the first weekend. That will be ammo alone. Failed to meet expectations...

New arena. New coach. New beginnings...

The state of Texas will be at a high level when it comes to college basketball in the near future...Baylor, SFA, Tech, Houston, and eventually Texas and Texas A&M. 

20 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

I don't think Shaka returns. I foresee Del Conte letting him go after this season and moving forward with his own hire. 

How is his current recruiting class?  If it is really solid, then give him 1 more...  If it is average or below can him and move on.

3 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

How is his current recruiting class?  If it is really solid, then give him 1 more...  If it is average or below can him and move on.

They have 0 recruits for the 2020 class at this particular moment in time.

Texas played their way into at-large talk. Five straight wins after looking like runny dog poop had people seeding Texas a #9 team in the tournament (64 of 72 projections).

Texas getting smashed at home by Oklahoma State (16-14, 6-11)  by 25 right now...

Looks like some hardware was picked up. 

The @SEC champs dominated the SEC awards. 

@IQ_GodSon - SEC POY, All-SEC 1st Team

@iamnickrichards - All-SEC 1st Team, All-Defensive Team

@TyreseMaxey - All-SEC 2nd Team, All-Freshman Team

@H23Ash - All-Defensive Team

@UKCoachCalipari - SEC COY

🖇 https://t.co/DeoBMhQMst https://t.co/99JmSxL4b6

Now it's time to go get banner #9.