2019-2020 NCAA Basketball

topher805

2 hours ago, topher805 said:

No fans at the NCAA tournament...

I am not sure how I feel about this.  The whole thing with that school in Chicago with Sister Mary or whatever... the 100 yr old fan that went to every game and talked smack... all of that was completely fueled by the in-game atmosphere... A 14 seed upset won't feel like the same excitement to me without the fans...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

I am not sure how I feel about this.  The whole thing with that school in Chicago with Sister Mary or whatever... the 100 yr old fan that went to every game and talked smack... all of that was completely fueled by the in-game atmosphere... A 14 seed upset won't feel like the same excitement to me without the fans...

Kind of the same boat. Depending on who SFA plays and where, the no crowd could be a boom or bust for us. I really hate that if they are in the South region, I won't be able to see them in Houston (Assuming they make the second weekend)...

They are already talking about moving Sweet 16/Elite 8 and Final Four games to smaller venues...

I don't think it's an over reaction honestly. Especially when they have people with the wealth of a Rudy Gobert or Tom Hanks coming down with it. What it says is, if you are traveling and being around a ton of people that also may have been traveling (airports, ships, trains, subways, cabs, ubers, buses) there are people coughing and sneezing on each other and people with weakened immune systems are then at risk...now bring in tons of fans packed together from all over again, traveling in to see an event...a few sick coughing and sneezing all over everyone, not washing their hands...they all go back home, high school students and the college players go back to their respective schools and "popular it up" and "spread it" even more.   

To take this a further step, many of the states now are putting in stipulations about large gatherings which is what the Ivy League used to cancel all spring sports. Away from the sports world, many of us may attend quite large churches that are up near or above 1000 for a service (think about a Joel Osteen in Houston or TD Jakes in Dallas -- those guys far exceed those numbers)...if large groups of say 250 or more couldn't meet together for "safety"...that hits a ton of churches.

And then how would it affect every public school in the nation just about...all of them are far exceeding those numbers traipsing around campus every day.  

• Stinks 1

It is an over reaction.....flu is a LOT worse than the Wuhan Chinese Virus....and we don't panic like this for flu....it is a politically motivated panic manufactured by the leftist media for one thing only....to try to bring down the economy and harm President Trump in an election year.....dont be a manipulated tool of the left.....

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

57 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

It is an over reaction.....flu is a LOT worse than the Wuhan Chinese Virus....and we don't panic like this for flu....it is a politically motivated panic manufactured by the leftist media for one thing only....to try to bring down the economy and harm President Trump in an election year.....dont be a manipulated tool of the left.....

as a government we spend billions a year trying to narrow down and find yearly flu vaccines that will work and be accurate and yet we still have many deaths...so I don't think we take that lightly either in communities the flu hits at high absence % for an extended time (staff & students)...the school districts will shut down and fumigate to hopefully kill off any flu germs that linger and are there.

they are trying to be proactive...they are trying to avoid lawsuits because of a game...and I was paid to coach a game and love games more than just about anything and can't stand not being able to watch, but logic says not everyone is as clean as the next person. 

• Stinks 1

59 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

politics...give me a break

• Stinks 1

16 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

as a government we spend billions a year trying to narrow down and find yearly flu vaccines that will work and be accurate and yet we still have many deaths...so I don't think we take that lightly either in communities the flu hits at high absence % for an extended time (staff & students)...the school districts will shut down and fumigate to hopefully kill off any flu germs that linger and are there.

they are trying to be proactive...they are trying to avoid lawsuits because of a game...and I was paid to coach a game and love games more than just about anything and can't stand not being able to watch, but logic says not everyone is as clean as the next person. 

we DO NOT cancel sporting events and such for the flu.......this is a complete overreaction fueled by a "media" out to get President Trump.....simple as that......

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

Did I hear that Duke and Kansas has decided no matter what because of the Wutang Clan Virus they are not letting their teams play in the NCAA tournament?

and in a small note...Duke has decided to put an asterisk beside the loss to SFA and not count it in their all-time record because of the Wutang Clan Virus  

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Did I hear that Duke and Kansas has decided no matter what because of the Wutang Clan Virus they are not letting their teams play in the NCAA tournament?

and in a small note...Duke has decided to put an asterisk beside the loss to SFA and not count it in their all-time record because of the Wutang Clan Virus  

They can put whatever they want by it. The broadcast available online and we can all see Nate Bain steal their joy

19 hours ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

we DO NOT cancel sporting events and such for the flu.......this is a complete overreaction fueled by a "media" out to get President Trump.....simple as that......

before this last year or five, I wouldn't have ever thought it said "we're gonna cancel a football game because of rain...and we haven't even seen any lightening!" 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...