THE ATLANTIC: IT’S POSSIBLE DINOSAURS HAD A WHOLE CIVILIZATION

RETIREDFAN1

2 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I forgot that some of these "scientists" might be younger than I thought.  I vaguely remember that show, but I was working a lot when it was aired.  I don't think I watched one episode.  

Dave you didn’t miss a thing. 😂 One of the worst shows they ever aired.

18 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Dave you didn’t miss a thing. 😂 One of the worst shows they ever aired.

Yeah, they look as real as the inflatable “Dino the Dinosaur” they used to give out with a free fill up down at the Sinclair Gas Station. .. Wait! I know that 99% of what I just flew right over the heads of you Youngsters...😂

2 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Yeah, they look as real as the inflatable “Dino the Dinosaur” they used to give out with a free fill up down at the Sinclair Gas Station. .. Wait! I know that 99% of what I just flew right over the heads of you Youngsters...😂

I remember Sinclair, Esso, and 76 gas stations back when I liked Nascar.   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I remember Sinclair, Esso, and 76 gas stations back when I liked Nascar.   

They've got a fully decked out Sinclair station between Fredricksburg and Llano.........it's an icehouse, however, and not a gas station......but it really looks great......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

They've got a fully decked out Sinclair station between Fredricksburg and Llano.........it's an icehouse, however, and not a gas station......but it really looks great......

Is that what that is? Drove past that this spring break.

10 hours ago, Stoney said:

I remember Texaco.....does that count? 😁

No, because there is still one on 4th street in Longview.  I still remember when the Texaco station at Broadway and Chimney Rock Rd. was still full service.  I don't even know if those exist anymore.  

• LOL! 1

9 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Sunoco is big up North. I don’t know where any are locally.

They use Sunoco gas at the Stripes/7-11 convenience store right by my house.  They haven't changed out the Stripes to 7-11 logo, but they close at midnight.  I haven't seen a 7-11 since I lived in Dallas in 2007.  I remember they used to be all over East Texas in the 70's and 80's they used to have a warehouse on 271 N. outside of Tyler, but when they pulled out Brookshire's bought it out.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

There was an old gas station on East Loop 281 and I-20 that had an old Sinclair dinosaur that had been painted yellow that was motorized and rotated on a pole.  We used to ride our bikes there and ride the dinosaur. The station has since been torn down and now there is a big fireworks warehouse there.

I remember it.  On one side of the building in red paint it said Christmas, TX population 6.