Greatest H.S. Football Player in East Texas History Poll...

Smoaky

I'm guessing they didnt hold him to 45 yards in 97. Craver was a first-team all-state running back in 1997, totaling 3,024 yards on 271 carries (11.2 ypc) with 50 rushing touchdowns. He had 10 200-yard rushing efforts and five 300-yard outings (career-high 340). He finished his prep career second on the all-time single-season rushing and scoring charts behind national leader Kenny Hall of Sugarland, Texas.  I would say that the stats would support the fact that he was "decent" LOL  

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I tell ya what this ol fella right here could boot the ol pigskin! Coach Ferro & Coach Wood just didn’t want to risk injuring one of their linemen! I guess it paid off, ‘04 State Champs Baby! After a stellar JUCO soccer career I finally got my shot to punt! That opportunity came calling at TAMUC! That’s where the Chunky Punter was born!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/2/2019 at 1:26 PM, KirtFalcon said:

Leaving Ken Houston off this list is as big of a blunder as leaving off Earl Campbell would have been ... I would rank him 2nd only to Campbell ... whoever made up this list needs to do their homework all over .... 

People in Longview don't ever acknowledge folks from Lufkin. There is a lot of hatred between those 2 high schools, dating back to the early 70s. And especially since Lufkin was the first team to beat them in their 1970s beautiful stadium. I don't know if they still play there, but they were not happy that year--I believe 1978. 

4 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

People in Longview don't ever acknowledge folks from Lufkin. There is a lot of hatred between those 2 high schools, dating back to the early 70s. And especially since Lufkin was the first team to beat them in their 1970s beautiful stadium. I don't know if they still play there, but they were not happy that year--I believe 1978. 

Not many on their list have half the resume of Ken Houston  ....

• Smoaky unpinned this topic