Week 6 Carthage @ Pleasant Grove

PantherNation2015

Carthage @ Pleasant Grove  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this slugfest?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/05/2019 at 12:30 AM

3 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

You asked the question, you got my answer. Never ware sun glasses. 

As for as the trenches. 

77 had no problem handling Landon last year. Go watch the video. He is headed to the SEC. 

77 did a great job last year. Little different scheme this year. Will it make a difference? Who knows but 40 is not the only one to worry about. Burris is much improved from last year 48 is also there this year. If you want to really know how good that Dawg OL is your about to find out. 

2 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

77 did a great job last year. Little different scheme this year. Will it make a difference? Who knows but 40 is not the only one to worry about. Burris is much improved from last year 48 is also there this year. If you want to really know how good that Dawg OL is your about to find out. 

If the PG D line whips the Dawg O line, they will get my admiration. 

The Dawg O line 6’6 333 lbs, 6’5 340 lbs

6’4 340 lbs, 6’2 265 lbs, 6’4 300 lbs, and tight end 6’4 235 

They have done a good job, can they do the job against PG. I have to believe they can. I can guarantee coach S will have them prepared. We will soon find out if they are good enough. 

I am a homer for the Dawgs but I also believe in them. 

Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

God Bless coaches, players, and fans. 

1 hour ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Same goes for PG, the best team they played allowed a team to score 56 points on them last night.

PG scored 20 on that same team. So where is your argument.

I believe PG will win the DII state championship, but I also believe the Dawgs will be the best team PG will face all year.

I never under estimate an opponent, especially one like PG. I do expect the Dawgs to win this game but I believe it will come down to which team makes a mistake.

Make no mistake the Dawg D is for real my friend. PG has the D line, but the Dawg D line has been very good and I would take the Dawg linebackers and secondary over PG any day.

If Horton has time to pass, PG has no one that can run with Dixon or Kel Williams, add in 13 and 11 and the passing game can be a night mare for most teams. 

If PG wins this game it would not be a surprise to anyone, but PG winning by 3 touch downs would be a shocker to everyone in the state.      

That team also put 45 up in that game compared to 16 against the Grove

You all can talk about who has the best coach, defense, sizes of the o and d lines, college bound athletes, and a bunch of other over rated #### all you want.  All of these same arguments were made las season and it was a close, hard fought game.  Carthage fans did not expect that game to be like that and were even more confident when on their first drive of the game they went for a fourth down and short on their end of the field, showing absolutely no respect for PG, being successful on that fourth and short, and driving it in for a touchdown.  PG went to work and dominated from that point on until the fourth quarter and then the yellow hankies started falling out of the sky like a thunderstorm in favor of the Dawgs.  This game will be just like every other game that involves great teams.  Penalties, turnovers, special teams play, and overall execution will rule the night and hopefully the officiating will be fair an uncontroversial.  We don't cheat in Texarkana like they do in Carthage, Gilmer, Kilgore, Marshall, Sulphur Springs, and a few other places where Texarkana teams play and have played in the past.  BTW, Friday night three of the best 4A teams in the entire state will be in town with Waco La Vega playing Liberty Eylau at Harris Field!!!  

• LOL! 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 1

1 hour ago, cowboyandchrist said:

If the PG D line whips the Dawg O line, they will get my admiration. 

The Dawg O line 6’6 333 lbs, 6’5 340 lbs

6’4 340 lbs, 6’2 265 lbs, 6’4 300 lbs, and tight end 6’4 235 

They have done a good job, can they do the job against PG. I have to believe they can. I can guarantee coach S will have them prepared. We will soon find out if they are good enough. 

I am a homer for the Dawgs but I also believe in them. 

Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

God Bless coaches, players, and fans. 

6’5”  315

6’1”  340

6’1”  225 

5’11” 295

6’4” 290

6’3” 225

8 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

PG has more "better players" on the field.

Carthage has more depth.

I'm guessing PG has 10-11 players that will play on Saturdays and that's not including baseball. That's including juco.

You don't know what you're talking about sportsfanatic. PG has tremendous depth year in year out.  Anybody that has actually played football against the Hawks would know that. 

5 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

You all can talk about who has the best coach, defense, sizes of the o and d lines, college bound athletes, and a bunch of other over rated #### all you want.  All of these same arguments were made las season and it was a close, hard fought game.  Carthage fans did not expect that game to be like that and were even more confident when on their first drive of the game they went for a fourth down and short on their end of the field, showing absolutely no respect for PG, being successful on that fourth and short, and driving it in for a touchdown.  PG went to work and dominated from that point on until the fourth quarter and then the yellow hankies started falling out of the sky like a thunderstorm in favor of the Dawgs.  This game will be just like every other game that involves great teams.  Penalties, turnovers, special teams play, and overall execution will rule the night and hopefully the officiating will be fair an uncontroversial.  We don't cheat in Texarkana like they do in Carthage, Gilmer, Kilgore, Marshall, Sulphur Springs, and a few other places where Texarkana teams play and have played in the past.  BTW, Friday night three of the best 4A teams in the entire state will be in town with Waco La Vega playing Liberty Eylau at Harris Field!!!  

The reason those flags were falling from the sky was bcuz the Hawks did things to deserve them. 

5 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

I really liked your first sentence, then it went downhill from there.  Carthage goes for it in 4th down against EVERYONE.  Did you not watch the state championship games in 2016 and 2017?  It wasn’t disrespect it’s just what we do.  We ha e only punted twice this year inn4 games.  And as for the rest of your post on the officiating, PG dominating, cheating accusations, just stop already.  Your Hawks gave up over 400 yards through the air last year against Carthage. That does not scream domination to me.  If your gonna post, at least be truthful.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, NightStar11 said:

You don't know what you're talking about sportsfanatic. PG has tremendous depth year in year out.  Anybody that has actually played football against the Hawks would know that. 

Come on you aren't giving Carthage any credit or are you blind to homerism like Cc. The fact of matter is anyone expecting a blowout will be surely disappointed.

7 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

The reason you lost was poor ball security on the final drive.  

25 minutes ago, ALLSPORTFAN said:

The reason you lost was poor ball security on the final drive.  

This rite here is the nail on the head.you drop it against Carthage and you lose.  Had pg kept a handle on the ball,they mite have collected the dawgs last year,if I remember correctly,the hawks had a fumble prob early in the season last year?

Yes the Hawks fumbled the game away last year. Carthage still had to march 80 yards to score. They did! While the game was close, the Hawks did dominate time of possession. The Dawgs still got the win despite losing time of possession and they turned it over 3 times 2 fumbles and once on downs. That’s how good that program is. Hawks also shut down the run. Heck the Hawks pretty much won every aspect of the game last year except pass defense and score. LOL To me that’s not an indicator that the Dawgs should lose to the Hawks this year more of an indicator of how a team has to win all aspects of a football game if you are going to beat Carthage. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

32-33 players dressed out is "tremendous" depth? No wonder you have so many negative reactions

That's just a couple of haters doing repeated negative reactions. Do you think I really care what y'all think ? Ha  It's mostly the same 10 people in this forum that do all the posting, and none of you know much about football anyhow. My team is winning championship after championship and my wallet is fat so I'm good. Don't worry about me. 

• Stinks 2

Just now, NightStar11 said:

That's just a couple of haters doing repeated negative reactions. Do you think I really care what y'all think ? Ha  It's mostly the same 10 people in this forum that do all the posting, and none of you know much about football anyhow. My team is winning championship after championship and my wallet is fat so I'm good. Don't worry about me. 

Umm wasn't aware of multiple championships by PG. 

1 hour ago, Hawknation03 said:

Yes the Hawks fumbled the game away last year. Carthage still had to march 80 yards to score. They did! While the game was close, the Hawks did dominate time of possession. The Dawgs still got the win despite losing time of possession and they turned it over 3 times 2 fumbles and once on downs. That’s how good that program is. Hawks also shut down the run. Heck the Hawks pretty much won every aspect of the game last year except pass defense and score. LOL To me that’s not an indicator that the Dawgs should lose to the Hawks this year more of an indicator of how a team has to win all aspects of a football game if you are going to beat Carthage. 

Good post.  I well remember that last year PG had zero turnovers through the whole game until that one fumble.  As of right now I'm only prepared to make one prediction,  and that is that I don't see any way in the world PG duplicates the success they had against our run game last year.  12 yards or whatever craziness it was.  If ya'll do,  then we just have to tip our hats to the hawks,  because that just doesn't happen....like ever.  But the Dawgs did pass for 400 yards.  Pick your poison.