Week 6 Carthage @ Pleasant Grove

PantherNation2015

Carthage @ Pleasant Grove  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this slugfest?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/05/2019 at 12:30 AM

4 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

Come on you aren't giving Carthage any credit or are you blind to homerism like Cc. The fact of matter is anyone expecting a blowout will be surely disappointed.

I never said anything about a blowout dude. You're thinking of other people who are saying stuff like that. I know PG is good but so is Carthage. I know it will be a battle. 

• Stinks 1

I watched PG vs gladewater this year and they are a tremendous team, so much talent on a squad and execute every aspect of the game to perfection, with that being said surratt is a helluva coach and will have them dawgs ready for war, I give the nod to the dawgs, games like this is why I love HS football... good luck both squads 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

If I remember Carthage had to go to a 5 man front last year and even put 6 up there to stop the run from PG and we’re doing it on that last drive but PG still was marching on them. 

The OL vs DL matchups on both sides are keys to the game.  Lots of discussion about both DL’s and Carthage OL, but not much mention of PG OL.  How many returners?

15 hours ago, Hawk20 said:

Notice that I said at some level. I didn’t say D1

Jamie Lewis has one D2 offer

Connor Stanfill has 5 offers from D2& D3

KJ Hicks has one D2 offer

i shoulda said 9;not 10

Ok, yes those 3 are just good 4a high school football players.  At 4a having the ones I mentioned plus other good ones usually means you have a dang good team and that is what PG has,  A damn good team. 😎

2 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

So now you resort to personal attacks. I'm pretty sure that's a bannable offense.

What's a bannable offence is the way you and your 2 buddies keep putting negative reactions on me and stop lying becuz disagreements about football are not personal attacks dude. Typical tactic of a hater. 

• Stinks 2

24 minutes ago, NightStar11 said:

What's a bannable offence is the way you and your 2 buddies keep putting negative reactions on me and stop lying becuz disagreements about football are not personal attacks dude. Typical tactic of a hater. 

^^ And this is the guy that is accusing some for not knowing football but in pretty much the same breath said PG was moving up to 5A :woot:

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

10 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

Yes the Hawks fumbled the game away last year. Carthage still had to march 80 yards to score. They did! While the game was close, the Hawks did dominate time of possession. The Dawgs still got the win despite losing time of possession and they turned it over 3 times 2 fumbles and once on downs. That’s how good that program is. Hawks also shut down the run. Heck the Hawks pretty much won every aspect of the game last year except pass defense and score. LOL To me that’s not an indicator that the Dawgs should lose to the Hawks this year more of an indicator of how a team has to win all aspects of a football game if you are going to beat Carthage. 

Someone from PG understands how difficult it is to beat Carthage and PG proved to Carthage last year how difficult it is to defeat the Hawks!

Great game coming Friday night!

9 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Someone from PG understands how difficult it is to beat Carthage and PG proved to Carthage last year how difficult it is to defeat the Hawks!

Great game coming Friday night!

Well it is what it is..Let’s not forget who Carthage is!! PG is the up and comer Carthage has been winning titles for over a decade we have to measure up to them not the other way around!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1