Week 6 Carthage @ Pleasant Grove

PantherNation2015

Carthage @ Pleasant Grove  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this slugfest?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/05/2019 at 12:30 AM

9 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

This is probably the biggest game in Texas this week. Every 4A team/fan has got their thumb on this game. It's #1 vs #1. Who wouldn't? National television is a little much but it should be broadcast on something like Texanlive. There's not a doubt in my mind that 10000 people would show up for this game if the venue suited. The Gilmer/Carthage game a few years back (Carthage @ Gilmer) was absolutely packed. They brought in extra bleachers, everything. Ticket presales were sold out within 24 hours. 

That's all I was saying, that ESPN should televise is getting a bit carried away.  Sure, I'd watch it on TexanLive, but few outside East Texas and virtually none outside Texas would watch this on a Friday night during regular season.

Just now, Everide2016 said:

That's all I was saying, that ESPN should televise is getting a bit carried away.  Sure, I'd watch it on TexanLive, but few outside East Texas and virtually none outside Texas would watch this on a Friday night during regular season.

Haha I got you. ESPN is a stretch. Nobody from out of state would watch it. Which, that's not surprising anyways, because I don't think football rules in any state like it does here. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ProdigyMaker said:

As an out of town Carthage fan how early will I need to get there for a seat? We went last year and found a few seats on the PG side. 

It's about a 2.5 hour drive for us. Sure would hate to make that trip and not be able to see the game.

You will need get there no later then 6:30 cause visitor side is smaller than home it's been pack house every week over there and this game I'm expecting even more people I stay here in town I'm getting there early so I can have seat but with you traveling you need get here no later than 6:30 cause you still have get your ticket 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ProdigyMaker said:

As an out of town Carthage fan how early will I need to get there for a seat? We went last year and found a few seats on the PG side. 

It's about a 2.5 hour drive for us. Sure would hate to make that trip and not be able to see the game.

It’s homecoming for us too. I’d get there as early as you could. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ProdigyMaker said:

It will be very tough to get a seat period on the either side.  Bring a blanket and be prepared to stand or sit on the hill near the concession stand.  They are allowing that for this game.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, CDAWG68 said:

The defense is definitely swarming to the ball this year. You might as well go down, if one guy can slow you down enough, because 4 or 5 are coming pretty quick. If the offense can't get things figured out, it will fun to see how far they can go.

There's only 2 people Surratt inherited the swarm to the ball strategy. You know who they might be??

1 hour ago, Champ1000 said:

Now that we pretty much covered everything. How the JV game? Assuming they play cause that pretty good road trip for subvarsity. Carthage seems to be successful in all grades . Surratt has top notch program . 

Carthage 9th and JV are both 4-0.  9th avg score is 45-15.  JV avg score is 33-5 with 2 shutouts.  PG better bring it or they will have a long ride home tonight.  50% chance of rain in Carthage tonight.

46 minutes ago, NightStar11 said:

Maybe next time PG plays in Carthage, we should treat the Hawks fans the same way. I don't believe in turning the other cheek. Sorry. 

You did last year.  We did not get any advance tickets from yall.  We bought them at the gate

Actually, we have never gotten or given  any advance tickets from any team until playoff time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Hawk20 said:

You did last year.  We did not get any advance tickets from yall.  We bought them at the gate

Actually, we have never gotten or given  any advance tickets from any team until playoff time

So the truth is out. 

34 minutes ago, Hawk20 said:

Primary difference being PG had your own parking lot, your own entrance and ticket table, your own concession stand and your own bathroom last year.  That won’t be the case this year in PG.  Everyone parks in same lot and goes through the same entrance.  The ticket issue can be easily resolved through a small fedex package going out Mon for Tues delivery week of game with the anticipated number of advance tickets needed.  Any leftovers can be brought to the game and and money that needs to exchange hands can be done so between admin staff.  Small amount of planning leads to a much better fan experience.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Hawk20 said:

true story

4 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Primary difference being PG had your own parking lot, your own entrance and ticket table, your own concession stand and your own bathroom last year.  That won’t be the case this year in PG.  Everyone parks in same lot and goes through the same entrance.  The ticket issue can be easily resolved through a small fedex package going out Mon for Tues delivery week of game with the anticipated number of advance tickets needed.  Any leftovers can be brought to the game and and money that needs to exchange hands can be done so between admin staff.  Small amount of planning leads to a much better fan experience.

you have your own bathroom.  you have your own concession stand.  you have your own entrance, actually two for visitors  on any week.  My understanding is that there will be 4 this week.

So you are correct on parking.  it #### for everybody

40 minutes ago, Hawk20 said:

you have your own bathroom.  you have your own concession stand.  you have your own entrance, actually two for visitors  on any week.  My understanding is that there will be 4 this week.

So you are correct on parking.  it #### for everybody

Happy to hear the PG Admin is preparing for the large crowd that will attend to make it as organized as possible.  Might consider some golf carts to haul senior citizens or those with disabilities from the far parking lot across the street to the stadium entrance.  It will mean a lot to them.