Week 6 Carthage @ Pleasant Grove

PantherNation2015

Carthage @ Pleasant Grove  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this slugfest?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/05/2019 at 12:30 AM

11 hours ago, Mudman246 said:

this will be a good  game    I expect PG to win , but I hope carthage wins , cause if they don't we will have 500 more screaming about how great and wonderful PG is and I don't think my stomach can take much more of it, so come on carthage do all us a favor in north east Texas .

Folks in Texarkana will remember this when the playoffs roll around. We've always been for the Rabbs except when you play a Texarkana team.

11 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

In 2018 PG rushed 49 times for 272 yards & 3 TD’s and was 5-9 for 99 yards through the air.  So 371 total yards and 21 points.  Not exactly earth shattering numbed from the “modified wing.”  I’m pretty sure Preston has a plan to stop it.  Carthage has some very solid DB’s that can play man up on PG wide outs to offer additional run support.

I would think Hawks would be satisfied with 272 on the ground again. Got to remember Ben Harmon has thrown 73 touchdown passes from this offense the last 2 1/2 years, too.

10 minutes ago, 68Hornet said:

I'll take that bet. Texas High almost always packs their side of the stands, which is 4,000. Add McKinney North's fan it'll probably be more than 5,000. L-E is also expecting 4,000 or more for its Homecoming game.

I'd be willing to bet there will be less Texas High attendees this week. There are 2 actual football teams playing across town. 

5 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

I would think Hawks would be satisfied with 272 on the ground again. Got to remember Ben Harmon has thrown 73 touchdown passes from this offense the last 2 1/2 years, too.

73 TD’s in 37 games is a nice stat, but PG is not going to beat Carthage throwing the ball.

10 hours ago, bansheefan03 said:

Seen em all walking into indoor field when I was leaving 

Nvm game was called

I bet they didn't wanna play cause of the defeat. Perfectly good indoor but you leave ok. They are already there so save me the traveling bit.

6 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

I'll take that bet. Texas High almost always packs their side of the stands, which is 4,000. Add McKinney North's fan it'll probably be more than 5,000. L-E is also expecting 4,000 or more for its Homecoming game.

I guess I should've taken into account the actual capacity of the stadiums.  The problem is if PG's stadium held 10,000 I believe it would fill up completely.

6 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

Wait Le having homecoming too. First PG scheduled Carthage and Liberty Eylau schedule Waco La Vega ( Defending Champs) for homecoming. They grow em big in Texarkana.

5 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

They don’t grow big seating capacity stadiums though. PG be tiny.

PG fans, do you know if y’all are going to add additional visitor seating in the future? Also, there are some woods on the north side of the stadium that’d be perfect for additional parking.

Those woods will be the new baseball and softball complex along with more parking. 

45 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

This is Exacly why this game should be played in a larger venue. 

I disagree..... the game is about the players not the fans. IMO they should care less if everyone gets a seat. Home field advantage should still mean something and that also should include familiarity with your own dressing rooms, coaching booths, sidelines.. etc 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

I disagree..... the game is about the players not the fans. IMO they should care less if everyone gets a seat. Home field advantage should still mean something and that also should include familiarity with your own dressing rooms, coaching booths, sidelines.. etc 

Losing dollars every home game for not having larger visitors stands.

4 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Losing dollars every home game for not having larger visitors stands.

You're right. Even when Atlanta played them, we filled the entire visitor's section and lined the fence up all the way to the concession stand. 

I agree that the game should be played at P G, especially since last year it was played in Carthage...………..But if 3000 more people show up for a game at a neutral field(Grim, Lobo, Marshall) at $5 a ticket that is $15,000, or at $6 a ticket it would be $18,000...………...There are extra expenses, and lose the concession stand money, but doubt those add up to more than $15,000

About the PG stadium - this was built during a time when PG was not nearly the draw that it is now.  Before Gibson arrived PG was winning 1-2 games a year.  Also, until this year we never had the turnout that we have.  I have had season tickets since the stadium opened and even in 2017 and last year we didn't get quite the turnout that we have seen so far.

Part of it is the respect and interest that PG draws now but also the confluence of events of being good and playing some big draws at home. The 2017 team didn't get to play the quality of teams at home that the 2019 team is playing.  Also, Paris and Atlanta draw way more than Gladewater and Chapel Hill did last year.  And we still have Carthage and then Gilmer (don't think Spring Hill will be much of a draw) to come.

Instead of acting all self-righteous (Carthage fans and others) - understand that PG is growing and we are going through some of the pains right now.  There are plans to expand into the woods on the north for baseball and softball and add parking and discussions are underway about expanding the seating.  

Personally - I would like to see more seating on the visitors side and maybe eventually fill out the bowl or add overflow on the open end - would be easier I think to add to the bowl side.

But - for this year - enjoy the game and the show - it is going to be a blast either way it turns out!  And GO PG!!!!

4 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

I agree that the game should be played at P G, especially since last year it was played in Carthage...………..But if 3000 more people show up for a game at a neutral field(Grim, Lobo, Marshall) at $5 a ticket that is $15,000, or at $6 a ticket it would be $18,000...………...There are extra expenses, and lose the concession stand money, but doubt those add up to more than $15,000

It was my understanding a few years back that to play at Lobo it was something to the tune of $10k. That may have changed, or the figure I was told my be entirely wrong. But, if you can draw in the extra 2k-3k people, I feel it would pay for itself. I can promise you, Atlanta has their fair share of people that would go. 

31 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

How many teams do you know of that play to empty stands? Teams react to the crowds, sometimes that crowd can make the difference between a “W” & an “L”