Week 6 Carthage @ Pleasant Grove

PantherNation2015

Carthage @ Pleasant Grove  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this slugfest?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/05/2019 at 12:30 AM

6 minutes ago, Hawks2021 said:

About the PG stadium - this was built during a time when PG was not nearly the draw that it is now.  Before Gibson arrived PG was winning 1-2 games a year.  Also, until this year we never had the turnout that we have.  I have had season tickets since the stadium opened and even in 2017 and last year we didn't get quite the turnout that we have seen so far.

Part of it is the respect and interest that PG draws now but also the confluence of events of being good and playing some big draws at home. The 2017 team didn't get to play the quality of teams at home that the 2019 team is playing.  Also, Paris and Atlanta draw way more than Gladewater and Chapel Hill did last year.  And we still have Carthage and then Gilmer (don't think Spring Hill will be much of a draw) to come.

Instead of acting all self-righteous (Carthage fans and others) - understand that PG is growing and we are going through some of the pains right now.  There are plans to expand into the woods on the north for baseball and softball and add parking and discussions are underway about expanding the seating.  

Personally - I would like to see more seating on the visitors side and maybe eventually fill out the bowl or add overflow on the open end - would be easier I think to add to the bowl side.

But - for this year - enjoy the game and the show - it is going to be a blast either way it turns out!  And GO PG!!!!

I get it. Someone asked and that's exactly what I said. PG built this stadium when they weren't even remotely considered good at football. Hard to make all these changes in a couple of years time.

Also, when this game was scheduled, I don't think they expected both teams to be where they are. Nobody expected PG to be as good as they were last year, but they were. 

3 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

How many teams do you know of that play to empty stands? Teams react to the crowds, sometimes that crowd can make the difference between a “W” & an “L”

Exactly. That’s kinda my point. PGs crowd will be huge. 

why would either team want to move to a bigger stadium when that more than likely means you are going to play on a saturday.   correct me if i am wrong but don't both of these teams start district next week???  so for the comfort of some fans you are asking them to give up a day of preparation, planning, and  recovery for a game that in the big  scheme doesn't mean a thing. next week's game count......this one doesn't.   

20 minutes ago, Hawks2021 said:

About the PG stadium - this was built during a time when PG was not nearly the draw that it is now.  Before Gibson arrived PG was winning 1-2 games a year.  Also, until this year we never had the turnout that we have.  I have had season tickets since the stadium opened and even in 2017 and last year we didn't get quite the turnout that we have seen so far.

Part of it is the respect and interest that PG draws now but also the confluence of events of being good and playing some big draws at home. The 2017 team didn't get to play the quality of teams at home that the 2019 team is playing.  Also, Paris and Atlanta draw way more than Gladewater and Chapel Hill did last year.  And we still have Carthage and then Gilmer (don't think Spring Hill will be much of a draw) to come.

Instead of acting all self-righteous (Carthage fans and others) - understand that PG is growing and we are going through some of the pains right now.  There are plans to expand into the woods on the north for baseball and softball and add parking and discussions are underway about expanding the seating.  

Personally - I would like to see more seating on the visitors side and maybe eventually fill out the bowl or add overflow on the open end - would be easier I think to add to the bowl side.

But - for this year - enjoy the game and the show - it is going to be a blast either way it turns out!  And GO PG!!!!

No one is acting self righteous just stating PG can make more money by investing in additional visitors stands and adding parking spaces.

38 minutes ago, Hawks2021 said:

I personally like the venue at PG.  I think it’s a unique environment with the bowl shaped feel.  I would not take away from that with future expansion but play into it.  Us Carthage fans complained about Henderson visitor stands for years too until they finally upgraded a few years back.  Lion Stadium looks great now and I’m sure the PG renovations will as well once you get them completed.  Not having enough parking and seating for a home football game is a GOOD problem to have.  I’m sure there are many schools across the state who wished they had that problem.

Pg Played in Carthage last year and now its PG Home game . Yall just show up and root for ya team and it's true back when that stadium was built,  Pg couldn't play Dead in a Cowboy Movie.

Times have changed and believe me the PG Folk will add seating to that Stadium because the stadium was built for that.

Panola County vs/ Bowie County should be a Great game and Hope NOBODY gets injured.  Have fun and enjoy what yall are fixin to see.

3 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

Wait Le having homecoming too. First PG scheduled Carthage and Liberty Eylau schedule Waco La Vega ( Defending Champs) for homecoming. They grow em big in Texarkana.

We have 4 home games this year. Week 1 vs Arkansas, Tonight vs LaVega, 10/25 vs PG and 11/8 vs Gilmer.