Week 6 Carthage @ Pleasant Grove

PantherNation2015

Carthage @ Pleasant Grove  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this slugfest?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/05/2019 at 12:30 AM

Carthage has been doing this for a while. I’m not sure why some of me fellow PG fans thought that they had to measure up to PG. it’s certainly nice to see us competing with the big Dawgs. What a great game and heck of an atmosphere. Sadly we did not come out of this game healthy. I hope # 8 for the Dawgs is ok. He was awesome in run support. To echo another poster about KGAS Larry Allen, I agree 100% very nice guy and enjoyed talking to him.

It gets serious now Hawks! District time.. Let’s go! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Wow - what a great game!

It was a privilege to be at the game in such an awesome atmosphere!!!!  I was very proud of the PG team - they fought hard and until half-way through the 4th quarter the game hung in the balance.  Sometimes things get away from you at the end and that's what happened to our boys.  But the character and class of our coaches and team showed even in defeat.  16-0 was a great goal but I don't know anyone who will turn down 15-1 if we finish like we are capable of.

Focus on the biggest goals now - win District and win State!!

To a great Carthage team - my son says your boys were very classy in victory and I was proud to get to play you the last two years.  I hope you have great success the rest of the year!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 10/5/2019 at 1:37 AM, CDAWG68 said:

Carthage band director is a DA. Several of us, in the section next to them, were yelling trying to get them to quit playing. I hate that happened, it should not have happened. 

I am going to assume good intent, there was probably something going on with the Carthage team that the band usually plays for, but they could have used some situational awareness.

15 hours ago, swaha said:

Note, I had the pleasure to meet the voice of the Dawgs, Larry Allen. He is a very nice guy, and I wish PG had someone like him calling the Hawk games on the radio.

PG did have that professioanlism last year with Zach & the Professor

• Like 3

On 10/5/2019 at 2:42 AM, NightStar11 said:

And we thought that PG not leaving enough tickets for Carthage fans was not courteous either. 

There is no "leaving" tickets. You show up, you buy them. They are gone. 

I know our visitor side is small, but it is what it is. Our lean years, and for teams that don't travel like Carthage (and less than 100 miles) aren't going to create a demand for an expansion.

We don't have the tax base that the Bulldogs do to draw money from, like an opulent scoreboard.

On 10/5/2019 at 2:43 AM, NightStar11 said:

Yeah cuz they are really 4A 1 not 2

You still harping on that? 

I guess you haven't learned to count,  or don't care to  look at the chart.

4A Division I 790 - 1149 93 schools

4A Division II 505 - 789 90 schools

3A Division I 335 - 504 106 schools

If Pleasant Grove is at 671, I do believe, which is 58% of the way to 4A Division 1

Let it go.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

15 minutes ago, futfan said:

There is no "leaving" tickets. You show up, you buy them. They are gone. 

I know our visitor side is small, but it is what it is. Our lean years, and for teams that don't travel like Carthage (and less than 100 miles) aren't going to create a demand for an expansion.

We don't have the tax base that the Bulldogs do to draw money from, like an opulent scoreboard.

We do like our opulent scoreboard and stadium.

It took Martin collapsing to force the building of the new stadium, oh well. 

On 10/5/2019 at 11:40 AM, regaleagle said:

We can have those discussions later in the season when the playoffs get here.  Things could change between now and that time anyway......it's still too early right now for that.  Too many games left and too many things can happen that may change the overall outlook at this juncture.

What he's trying to say, is that threads shouldn't get die tracked by the Rabbit trail of other topics. 

It gets to the point where it is, time to open a thread relevant to the new topic.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, futfan said:

I am going to assume good intent, there was probably something going on with the Carthage team that the band usually plays for, but they could have used some situational awareness.

They started warming up while they were trying to announce the homecoming court, that makes Carthage look bad and should not have happened.

12 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

We do like our opulent scoreboard and stadium.

It took Martin collapsing to force the building of the new stadium, oh well. 

I  like your stadium, and covet your scoreboard, too. It is great for the team to be able to give them a place to be proud of, and play in.

PG has been making improvements , but the few clamoring for stadium upgrades probably don't recall the lean years when the stadium was rarely half full, and many left after their kids performed at halftime, or just lack of true school spirit. As soon as the success wanes, there would be an uprising as to why we spend millions on an upgrade when it won't fill up.

53 minutes ago, futfan said:

If Pleasant Grove is at 671, I do believe, which is 58% of the way to 4A Division 1

Let it go.

Hey futfan, when are you going to reveal  your real profile?? Be brave dude. 

• Stinks 2

14 minutes ago, futfan said:

I  like your stadium, and covet your scoreboard, too. It is great for the team to be able to give them a place to be proud of, and play in.

PG has been making improvements , but the few clamoring for stadium upgrades probably don't recall the lean years when the stadium was rarely half full, and many left after their kids performed at halftime, or just lack of true school spirit. As soon as the success wanes, there would be an uprising as to why we spend millions on an upgrade when it won't fill up.

Some friendly advice - keep your coach and his staff together as long as you can and the stadium will continue to fill up.  Never have I seen a school go to the lengths PG did last Fri to generate school & town spirit.  Y’all had two pep rally’s in one day!  Very cool atmosphere.  I expect something similar for Gilmer in a few weeks, less the college scouts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, futfan said:

Let it go.

P G definitely had 4A div. 2 numbers in October 2017...……….They are in the division they are supposed to be playing in

With that said, if they do have around 230 in their freshman class like one P G poster said, they may be going Division 1 in the next realignment or the one after...…... or the schools like Carthage may be coming down to Div 2 if enough of the other schools in the state have grown enough

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, CDAWG68 said:

They started warming up while they were trying to announce the homecoming court, that makes Carthage look bad and should not have happened.

We knew it was not intentional. Your fans were apologizing trying to get the Director's attention. I do agree that he should have been aware of what was about to happen.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, futfan said:

Valid point...👌