Week 6 Carthage @ Pleasant Grove

PantherNation2015

Carthage @ Pleasant Grove  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this slugfest?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/05/2019 at 12:30 AM

1 hour ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Some friendly advice - keep your coach and his staff together as long as you can and the stadium will continue to fill up.  Never have I seen a school go to the lengths PG did last Fri to generate school & town spirit.  Y’all had two pep rally’s in one day!  Very cool atmosphere.  I expect something similar for Gilmer in a few weeks, less the college scouts.

The Josh Gibson effect. What that guy has brought to PG is incredible. If you want to see why PG is in its current state, go check out Texarkana Gameday on Facebook, and listen to what he says to the PG team after the Carthage loss. That speech he gave is bigger than football. I am sure other coaches do the same, maybe just not as effective. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, swaha said:

The Josh Gibson effect. What that guy has brought to PG is incredible. If you want to see why PG is in its current state, go check out Texarkana Gameday on Facebook, and listen to what he says to the PG team after the Carthage loss. That speech he gave is bigger than football. I am sure other coaches do the same, maybe just not as effective. 

I watched it this weekend.  Good stuff.  In five years Gibson has created a culture that breeds success on and off the field.  Proud for PG.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, futfan said:

There is no "leaving" tickets. You show up, you buy them. They are gone. 

I know our visitor side is small, but it is what it is. Our lean years, and for teams that don't travel like Carthage (and less than 100 miles) aren't going to create a demand for an expansion.

We don't have the tax base that the Bulldogs do to draw money from, like an opulent scoreboard.

Hahaha...opulent.

It plays too many super loud ads for me...

On 10/7/2019 at 8:49 AM, NightStar11 said:

Hey futfan, when are you going to reveal  your real profile?? Be brave dude. 

What in the world does that mean? I have been on for over ten years. I am so Hawk Nation, My twitter account is @HawkNation

What is Real Profile? What do you want to know?

On 10/7/2019 at 9:08 AM, cotton84 said:

P G definitely had 4A div. 2 numbers in October 2017...……….They are in the division they are supposed to be playing in

With that said, if they do have around 230 in their freshman class like one P G poster said, they may be going Division 1 in the next realignment or the one after...…... or the schools like Carthage may be coming down to Div 2 if enough of the other schools in the state have grown enough

Even if our Freshman class is indeed 230, and next year as well, the average class size is 671/4=~168 so that is only about 62 more than now, which would be about 733. I don't even know if the 230 count is correct, but it still puts PG 56 away from Division one numbers. It may happen in a few years, but it took 10 years to go from 621 to 671.

29 minutes ago, futfan said:

What in the world does that mean? I have been on for over ten years. I am so Hawk Nation, My twitter account is @HawkNation

What is Real Profile? What do you want to know?

I've always thought you were a pretty stand-up guy @futfan. A little misguided, but a stand-up guy nonetheless. ;) 

Just now, H3llR4z0r said:

I've always thought you were a pretty stand-up guy @futfan. A little misguided, but a stand-up guy nonetheless. ;) 

I'm a Homer, What can I say? I am not sure if he wants me to reveal my true identity or what. Maybe he feels I am one of the Illuminati making "fake accounts" to go put poo poo icons on his comments. (Hint: People put them there because they think that what you post is sophomoric, and deserve a negative rating)

Actually, quite a few on here know my real name, (Rabfan) and people from other cities, as well as many from PG.

If he wants to reveal himself to me, I might reciprocate. Just not on line, because the rules of the forum guarantee our anonymity. 

• Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, futfan said:

I'm a Homer, What can I say? I am not sure if he wants me to reveal my true identity or what. Maybe he feels I am one of the Illuminati making "fake accounts" to go put poo poo icons on his comments. (Hint: People put them there because they think that what you post is sophomoric, and deserve a negative rating)

Actually, quite a few on here know my real name, (Rabfan) and people from other cities, as well as many from PG.

If he wants to reveal himself to me, I might reciprocate. Just not on line, because the rules of the forum guarantee our anonymity. 

You just talked over his head. 

3 minutes ago, 3lamp said:

I thought they were open enrollment for a long while. But I am not sure of that. 

Within the last 2 years, PG implemented limited enrollment. A student has to apply if they do not live in the district. There are certain factors that must be met.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 hours ago, futfan said:

There's always that ignore feature. Always remember,  There's a "Lion70" in every town

On 10/7/2019 at 8:49 AM, NightStar11 said:

Hey futfan, when are you going to reveal  your real profile?? Be brave dude. 

Let me say it simple? 

What do you want to ask me?

This IS my Profile.

Has been for over 11 years. (not a month like you). That would look like a burner account.

No hiding here.

• Thumbs Down 1

On 10/8/2019 at 4:35 PM, swaha said:

Within the last 2 years, PG implemented limited enrollment. A student has to apply if they do not live in the district. There are certain factors that must be met.

Yeah cuz they wanna manipulate the numbers so they can stay in a smaller class so they can beat up everybody. Common practice among many schools these days. 

• Stinks 1

23 minutes ago, NightStar11 said:

Yeah cuz they wanna manipulate the numbers so they can stay in a smaller class so they can beat up everybody. Common practice among many schools these days. 

Come on Night Ranger! Surely you are not this dense. PG has never had open enrollment. Therefore, they did not implement limited open enrollment to keep the numbers down. If anything, PG has grown some due to having limited open enrollment. Just because you apply, does not mean you are getting in the school. For those students that actually live in the district, PG has to accept them. They cannot be denied.

Might want to work on those facts before posting next time on something you know nothing about.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

NightStar11 is just being belligerent.

Yes - PG is growing, but it is land locked on the east and south by Arkansas High and Texas High.  If PG didn't open enrollment on a limited basis there is no chance it would have moved to 4A Div 1 for the foreseeable future.  Now, it is possible that in a few years they may grow to Div 1 - or PG could opt to hold and limit enrollment to remain where they are.  But that choice will have much more to do with funding and budget than it has to do with winning football games...

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, swaha said:

Come on Night Ranger! Surely you are not this dense. PG has never had open enrollment. Therefore, they did not implement limited open enrollment to keep the numbers down. If anything, PG has grown some due to having limited open enrollment. Just because you apply, does not mean you are getting in the school. For those students that actually live in the district, PG has to accept them. They cannot be denied.

Might want to work on those facts before posting next time on something you know nothing about.

You're just mad cuz I just enunciated what everyone already knows PG is doing. PG is scared to play with the big boys. 

• Stinks 5