Week 6 Carthage @ Pleasant Grove

PantherNation2015

Carthage @ Pleasant Grove  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this slugfest?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/05/2019 at 12:30 AM

I think Carthage exposed the Hawks tonight also secondary was really lacking against a dynamic passing attack. When # 18 got hurt the Dawgs started running right Down PG’s throat. And please PG enough of the chop blocks.. same thing happened last year that negated a big play.

3 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

I think Carthage exposed the Hawks tonight also secondary was really lacking against a dynamic passing attack. When # 18 got hurt the Dawgs started running right Down PG’s throat. And please PG enough of the chop blocks.. same thing happened last year that negated a big play.

This could be exactly what the Hawks needed to catapult them through the playoffs and possibly another state championship! Go Hawks!

• Like 1

This was a very good game. 

PG's D line was as advertised (of course). They get pressure early, and often. They were a huge asset to PG in the first half. 

I am not going to say Carthage's O-line wore them out, near as much as the Carthage gameplan. It definitely started to show in the second half. Carthage made PG run all over the field. I heard a PG fan behind me saying "PG isn't fooled by that razzle dazzle." Well, Carthage scored off it once, but their intention I don't think was to score. It was to run the PG defense, from one side of the field to the other, then pound the ball. Pound to each hash. Lots of off tackle and edge runs. Constantly forcing PG's huge d-line to run across the field. 

In the end, these are 2 great teams. Both of them have the best shots of getting to Jerry World. I fully intend on watching both of these teams play for state championships... right after Atlanta the day before :p . 

Good luck to both teams! Thanks for the great game! It was a clean game too I may add. No fighting, no ridiculous personal fouls. 2 classy programs going at it. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

They didn’t need this.  They were favored to win this game.  PG should and will win D2.   Just shows that D1 is a different ballgame.  

I totally agree with you about DI this year, but there's been a lot of years when DII was stronger than DI.

36 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

They didn’t need this.  They were favored to win this game.  PG should and will win D2.   Just shows that D1 is a different ballgame.  

You are saying PG was favored to win this game right? Because they were...everywhere. 

1 minute ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Not on the side of the field I was sitting on they weren’t...😜

Oh I feel you there. I picked Carthage to win. They won in the exact fashion I thought they would too. Not knocking Gibson by any means, but man can Surratt call a good football game. 

48 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

Looking at the season as a whole I am saying that Yes PG needed a team to bring them back down to earth some. No doubt this was a great game as advertised but PG does not local their selves when they are down they remind each other that they have to get better and build on this loss. That’s what I’m saying. I definitely did not know that #6 wasn’t able to go tonight.

2 hours ago, HawkEye said:

I thought the Carthage band starting a loud song right After he Homecoming announcements began was not very courteous. Could’ve waited. 

Call it both ways. 

Carthage band director is a DA. Several of us, in the section next to them, were yelling trying to get them to quit playing. I hate that happened, it should not have happened. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HawkEye said:

I thought the Carthage band starting a loud song right After he Homecoming announcements began was not very courteous. Could’ve waited. 

Call it both ways. 

And we thought that PG not leaving enough tickets for Carthage fans was not courteous either. 

• Thumbs Down 1

6 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

I totally agree with you about DI this year, but there's been a lot of years when DII was stronger than DI.

Yeah, when Carthage was in D-II. 😲

D-II has been better than D-I in the past, but now days there seems to be a slight gap between the two. Not saying there’s a big gap between PG and D-I, not at all!

On 9/29/2019 at 12:29 AM, SiriusDogon7 said:

You all can talk about who has the best coach, defense, sizes of the o and d lines, college bound athletes, and a bunch of other over rated #### all you want.  All of these same arguments were made las season and it was a close, hard fought game.  Carthage fans did not expect that game to be like that and were even more confident when on their first drive of the game they went for a fourth down and short on their end of the field, showing absolutely no respect for PG, being successful on that fourth and short, and driving it in for a touchdown.  PG went to work and dominated from that point on until the fourth quarter and then the yellow hankies started falling out of the sky like a thunderstorm in favor of the Dawgs.  This game will be just like every other game that involves great teams.  Penalties, turnovers, special teams play, and overall execution will rule the night and hopefully the officiating will be fair an uncontroversial.  We don't cheat in Texarkana like they do in Carthage, Gilmer, Kilgore, Marshall, Sulphur Springs, and a few other places where Texarkana teams play and have played in the past.  BTW, Friday night three of the best 4A teams in the entire state will be in town with Waco La Vega playing Liberty Eylau at Harris Field!!!  

Double forfeit!!!!😜

7 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

Looking at the season as a whole I am saying that Yes PG needed a team to bring them back down to earth some. No doubt this was a great game as advertised but PG does not local their selves when they are down they remind each other that they have to get better and build on this loss. That’s what I’m saying. I definitely did not know that #6 wasn’t able to go tonight.

I believe number 6 did play. 

Picture in Texarkana paper shows him and 40 making a tackle on Courtney. 

6 hours ago, CDAWG68 said:

Carthage band director is a DA. Several of us, in the section next to them, were yelling trying to get them to quit playing. I hate that happened, it should not have happened. 

He dresses fly tho. Haha