Week 6 Carthage @ Pleasant Grove

PantherNation2015

Carthage @ Pleasant Grove  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this slugfest?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/05/2019 at 12:30 AM

8 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

I don't believe I ever mentioned that......I really didn't even hit on Region III because I'm not closely familiar with those teams over there.  I stayed with what I was more familiar with in Regions I and II.  But I do know this......and so does everybody else that follows 4A, including Grant and Terry on Sideline to Sideline:  Region II in D-1 is absolutely "loaded" with toptier teams this season.  Anybody that denies that fact is just lost in space. Of course there are other good teams with a chance in other regions.  I didn't mention any Region IV teams, either.  But I did point out there were many other teams too........giving room for others like yourself to point them out and tell us what you know about them.

Yes you did. You implied that Carthage doesn't play anybody good. Cheap shot dude. 

Sorry you misinterpreted that......I have the utmost regard for Carthage and what they have been able to accomplish in the past 10 yrs.  Just like I do for Argyle and some of the other great programs in Texas high school football.  I'm not here to bash any team......I'm all for great football from across the state.  It's the greatest thing we have going and the very best of football on the entire planet right here in our backyards.  

18 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Question #1

1. Can you breathe?

2. What is your name? 

Ext.....

When I was in 4th grade, I was scoring a 12 rating in reading comp. on the standardized test. A 12 rating means that I was on the same level as a high school senior or higher. The gauge stops at 12.  What did you score Eagle?  The day your wallet is as fat as mine is the day I might give you the time of day. I doubt that day will ever come. You need to stick to football dude and stop attacking me personally because you mean as much to me as a dead, dried up possum carcass on the side of the road. 

6 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Sorry you misinterpreted that......I have the utmost regard for Carthage and what they have been able to accomplish in the past 10 yrs.  Just like I do for Argyle and some of the other great programs in Texas high school football.  I'm not here to bash any team......I'm all for great football from across the state.  It's the greatest thing we have going and the very best of football on the entire planet right here in our backyards.  

I didn't misinterpret anything there regal. 

Sometimes it's difficult to separate your personal bias when posting about different teams and your opinions......it just naturally comes out or is misunderstood by others. But I try to remove the "me" from my posts as much as possible and insert some information that may shed some light to others on whatever topic is being discussed.  It's just my opinion......but that's what this forum is all about......trading of information and opinions.

"Everybody is entitled to their own opinion".  I'm certain most of us have heard this saying and agree with it.  Personal attacks fall into a different category altogether.  I'm not here to personally attack anyone......especially when I've never met them personally before.  That would be short-sighted and foolish of me. Why would I want to represent myself as being a fool, huh?

11 hours ago, bansheefan03 said:

Do u not remember on the 4th and 1 y'all went for deep in your own end they ran up the gut and it was stuffed luckily y'all got called for false start and got to punt that could of been huge if penalty was not called

That was not 21 or 25 that was 2 .

21 and 25 was killing in the middle.

2 hours ago, regaleagle said:

I don't believe I ever mentioned that......I really didn't even hit on Region III because I'm not closely familiar with those teams over there.  I stayed with what I was more familiar with in Regions I and II.  But I do know this......and so does everybody else that follows 4A, including Grant and Terry on Sideline to Sideline:  Region II in D-1 is absolutely "loaded" with toptier teams this season.  Anybody that denies that fact is just lost in space. Of course there are other good teams with a chance in other regions.  I didn't mention any Region IV teams, either.  But I did point out there were many other teams too........giving room for others like yourself to point them out and tell us what you know about them.

I am curious as to why Argyle has started scheduling teams from East Texas to play. That has seem to happen the last few years. I just figured y'all were like everyone else, just trying to schedule different teams to see different defensive and offensive schemes. It is always good to schedule competitive non district games, to prepare you to start district games. It has to be a scheduling nightmare to try and find good times to accommodate everyone's schedule.

1 minute ago, CDAWG68 said:

I am curious as to why Argyle has started scheduling teams from East Texas to play. That has seem to happen the last few years. I just figured y'all were like everyone else, just trying to schedule different teams to see different defensive and offensive schemes. It is always good to schedule competitive non district games, to prepare you to start district games. It has to be a scheduling nightmare to try and find good times to accommodate everyone's schedule.

Because The Best teams in Texas are in East Texas... They can’t make it to “The Dance” Without  coming through here...🤨

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NightStar11 said:

When I was in 4th grade, I was scoring a 12 rating in reading comp. on the standardized test. A 12 rating means that I was on the same level as a high school senior or higher. The gauge stops at 12.  What did you score Eagle?  The day your wallet is as fat as mine is the day I might give you the time of day. I doubt that day will ever come. You need to stick to football dude and stop attacking me personally because you mean as much to me as a dead, dried up possum carcass on the side of the road. 

Home schooling has it perks 

• LOL! 1

21 minutes ago, CDAWG68 said:

Region 2 encompasses much of East Texas as well as teams in N. Texas and the DFW Metro area.  I've been posting on this site since 2010, so I've become quite familiar with most of the teams in East Texas.....in all of the classes from reading about them here.  Actually......Smoaky should extend and expand its coverages into the DFW  Metroplex now because so many teams there are intertwined on the schedules with all of these East Texas schools.  Texas Downlow is dying on the vine and has very few viewers and posters now for various reasons.  It's coverage favors Central and South Texas......the vast majority of DFW area posters there have all but left that site.

16 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Region 2 encompasses much of East Texas as well as teams in N. Texas and the DFW Metro area.  I've been posting on this site since 2010, so I've become quite familiar with most of the teams in East Texas.....in all of the classes from reading about them here.  Actually......Smoaky should extend and expand its coverages into the DFW  Metroplex now because so many teams there are intertwined on the schedules with all of these East Texas schools.  Texas Downlow is dying on the vine and has very few viewers and posters now for various reasons.  It's coverage favors Central and South Texas......the vast majority of DFW area posters there have all but left that site.

Smoaky has a pretty wide range of games posted. The team just have to have followers, start a topic, and enjoy the conversation. Of course SETX website has their own area games, I have had to go on that website to discuss playoff game against those teams. Rarely do that area's fans get on Smoaky, to chime on threads involving their team. I guess you get use to one message board and don't want to try and keep up with several conversations. It is easy to create an account, so I get on and offer my two cents when I have something to say. The players of the week, I believe that is just for Central and East Texas, that is the only area specific topics that I am familiar with.

44 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Because The Best teams in Texas are in East Texas... They can’t make it to “The Dance” Without  coming through here...🤨

Lmao! That has not always been the case, but Beast Texas has some pretty good teams. Most East Texans look forward to watching the jr high and high school football games, it's in our blood!

22 minutes ago, CDAWG68 said:

Lmao! That has not always been the case, but Beast Texas has some pretty good teams. Most East Texans look forward to watching the jr high and high school football games, it's in our blood!

The brief time we get to watch the Dawgs do their thing each Fall is well worth the wait; And then, The Long Wait begins again!😳

3 hours ago, regaleagle said:

"Everybody is entitled to their own opinion".  I'm certain most of us have heard this saying and agree with it.  Personal attacks fall into a different category altogether.  I'm not here to personally attack anyone......especially when I've never met them personally before.  That would be short-sighted and foolish of me. Why would I want to represent myself as being a fool, huh?

I respect what you bring to this web site. 

That is the reason I wanted you to give insight on other teams across the 4A spectrum. 

I read everything I possibly can on other teams but when I go to type, my fingers are so loaded with Dawg biases, that it comes out different than I envisioned would. 

Oh did I mention the Dawgs are the Best in 4A DI. 

See my fingers failed me again. 

Keep your info coming Reagleagle and thanks. 

This past Friday night is what "Friday Night Lights" is to Texas footbal. It was a great atmosphere with two classy BEast Texas teams giving it their all. In the end, the better team won. Carthage has a great team top to bottom. The depth of Carthage made a huge difference in this game, along with the coaching that knows how to use those players during the game. I thought Coach Surrant did a great job of running from Landon as well as running sideline to sideline during the game. That strategy slowly wore down the the defensive line. That is not an easy task to do because PG has an incredible strength and conditioning program. In addition, I read some where that the Carthage coaching staff swapped the offensive line around during the game to better match the PG defensive line. If so, that is impressive. Finally, I hope both teams get all players healthy for the second half of the seasn. PG, especially needs two guys to get well for the long run.

Good luck to the Bulldogs on the rest of the season!

Note, I had the pleasure to meet the voice of the Dawgs, Larry Allen. He is a very nice guy, and I wish PG had someone like him calling the Hawk games on the radio.

• Like 3