Safety or Not

Ronster23

6 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

I say safety. Looked like the runner made the step to elude the tackle by taking his whole body back into the endzone. If he had continued to go forward at initial contact I think he would have made it out.

I agree

Really a poor angle of determining. The wing guys in the stripes should automatically at the snap move from the line of scrimmage to the goal line and they could determine if the ball was outside the goal line. Anytime the play is on the five yard line or closer, officiating mechanics state they should move to the goal line and watch for the exact play shown above as well as a score going in 

1 minute ago, Bubba51515 said:

Really a poor angle of determining. The wing guys in the stripes should automatically at the snap move from the line of scrimmage to the goal line and they could determine if the ball was outside the goal line. Anytime the play is on the five yard line or closer, officiating mechanics state they should move to the goal line and watch for the exact play shown above as well as a score going in 

Most of these guys won't know the mechanics lol.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I’d think safety but with that vantage point it hard to tell if ball bad it out of end zone then would it be marked where forward progressed stopped? Can’t tell but sure looks like a safety. What was ruling on the field?

not a safety