Spring Hill @ Silsbee (homecoming)

CreateMyAccount

8 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

Not sure why the big praise for Silsbee.  They are 2-2 with wins over Nederland and Lumberton and losses to Newton and PN-G.  Yes it will be a tough game for SH but Silsbee can be beat.  SH will be playing PG and Gilmer in district and both better than Silsbee.  

Last year Silsbee lost in the state-semifinals if I recall correctly. Spring Hill won a couple of games if I recall correctly and SH is going to have to make a 4-6 hour trip basically to the gulf coast. Why in the world did the Superintendent of SH even sign off on this. 

Silsbee lost to Newton last season by a larger margin than they lost to them this season. Silsbee went on to state semifinals losing to eventual state champ Cuero 29-24. So losing to Newton however badly is really irrelevant to this situation or to how good Silsbee really is.

According to my sources down there Silsbee is always a late bloomer. They schedule a tough non-district.

I would consider them a formidable 4A DII team. At least DCTF thought so when ranking them #3 in preseason.

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1