2019 - 2020 Coaching Changes

Valhalla

What I don’t understand is these huge buyouts that they put in a contract for unproven coaches. I can see it with Jimbo at A&M because the guy already had a ring. But Tennessee has now done it twice. They can’t afford the buyout they gave Pruitt because they’re still paying Butch Jones to carry Nick Saban’s headset. Pruitt is a first time head coach. Why did they feel the need to lock him in with this huge buyout? I’m sure Taggert at FSU has a similar deal. Last I checked, Butch Jones was successful at Cincinnati, but I don’t think he won a ring. The ADs that hire these guys this way deserve some scrutiny. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

What I don’t understand is these huge buyouts that they put in a contract for unproven coaches. I can see it with Jimbo at A&M because the guy already had a ring. But Tennessee has now done it twice. They can’t afford the buyout they gave Pruitt because they’re still paying Butch Jones to carry Nick Saban’s headset. Pruitt is a first time head coach. Why did they feel the need to lock him in with this huge buyout? I’m sure Taggert at FSU has a similar deal. Last I checked, Butch Jones was successful at Cincinnati, but I don’t think he won a ring. The ADs that hire these guys this way deserve some scrutiny. 

Phil Fulmer. That’s all you need to know about why the Tennessee situation is so messed up. 

On 9/30/2019 at 6:41 PM, Champ1000 said:

I bet when Tennessee fires the coach Fulmer steps in, after Bama of course 

Phil Fulmer has said this week upon more upheaval with Pruitt that he has ZERO interest in coaching again...enjoys the "part-time AD" (I guess this alone explains Tennessee) position and his time with grandkids.

On 9/29/2019 at 9:56 PM, Valhalla said:

I don’t think UCLA can afford to fire Kelly. 

UCLA is looking to be a new level of ####...Kelly must really want out of there...despite what people in the know say about him being an innovative coach that will change with "what he has"...he seems stuck in the mud..."old"