2019 - 2020 Coaching Changes

Valhalla

1 hour ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

ESPN is reporting that Memphis coach Mike Norvell is the favorite to land the Florida State job and an announcement could come Sunday.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28240851/memphis-mike-norvell-favored-florida-state-next-coach

I am going to say it this way... I don't know that he is the best hire.  But this is not a terrible job.  It's not like you have to set the world on fire to finish 2nd in the ACC.  Get in 2-3 solid recruiting classes and a decent OL and you have a job making a lot of money for quite a while.  

5 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I am going to say it this way... I don't know that he is the best hire.  But this is not a terrible job.  It's not like you have to set the world on fire to finish 2nd in the ACC.  Get in 2-3 solid recruiting classes and a decent OL and you have a job making a lot of money for quite a while.  

He was a solid coach at Memphis. I agree with most of what you said. I thought the Taggert hire was a bad one. He just wasn't a good fit. At least Norvell runs an exciting offense and seems to be a good recruiter.

4 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

If you told me Kiffin was taking over FSU and Norvell was headed to Ole Miss,  that would make sense to me. That’s just me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stoney said:

If you told me Kiffin was taking over FSU and Norvell was headed to Ole Miss,  that would make sense to me. That’s just me.

Norvell to Arkansas makes sense too... especially being in Memphis... if he has a channel in Tennessee, its not a horrible drive from the west side of the state to Fayatteville.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Somebody please explain to me how Willie Taggart keeps getting head coaching jobs? 

For real...  I want to hire his agent.

I'm not qualified to coach D-I college football but apparently that doesn't stop Taggart. 

• Like 1