Packers @ Dallas

Crawford

cowboys week 5  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Green Bay Packers
    • Dallas Cowboys

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/06/2019 at 08:20 PM

1 hour ago, TTman7 said:

Well, the Cowboys made it interesting and "respectable" in the second half. 

Everybody R E L A X. This is only week 5...so 11 more games to go. We as Cowboys fans get to experience these ups & downs for 3 more months. 😉

Dallas-Cowboys-LARGE-Win-Lose-Tie-Im-a.jpg

Moral victories are for losers.  Dallas should have been inspired by yesterdays SMU comeback victory being down by 21, and winning in overtime.  I'll always be a Cowboys fan, but I see this as an up and down season.  If we can't play with the big boys then we are simply mediocre.  We did hang with New Orleans in the Dome, but I don't see it getting much better.  We still have some tough teams to play, and a few slouches.  This is a game of 4 quarters, and struggling from the start isn't acceptable.  They need to be on all cylinders from the start.  There are no excuses.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

Moral victories are for losers.  Dallas should have been inspired by yesterdays SMU comeback victory being down by 21, and winning in overtime.  I'll always be a Cowboys fan, but I see this as an up and down season.  If we can't play with the big boys then we are simply mediocre.  We did hang with New Orleans in the Dome, but I don't see it getting much better.  We still have some tough teams to play, and a few slouches.  This is a game of 4 quarters, and struggling from the start isn't acceptable.  They need to be on all cylinders from the start.  There are no excuses.  

Well, I didn't say anything about moral victories. Sorry, if it came across that way. There was also a little sarcasm that I guess I didn't make obvious. 

I'm not a rose-colored glasses Cowboys fan. I'm not a bandwagon fan (can't stand those). I can be critical, but in a common sense kind of way...I try not to knee-jerk react to things. 

There's alot of season left. And alot of things can happen...good and bad. They've got some things to fix...that's been evident in the last two games...hopefully they do get things corrected. 

The O has been vanilla (except for late in game against GB) the last couple of games. "Boy genius" Kellen Moore needs to make better adjustments to his gameplan. He is a rookie OC/playcaller...I expected him to have ups & downs this season. 

The D just doesnt seem right so far this season. The eye test tells me they have regressed so far this season. They have to be better. However, looking at the stats tells me they are an upper tier D so far. Very confusing. 

Anyway..regardless....lifelong (48yrs) up & down struggles....and the saga continues...

I'll be a Cowboy fan until I die, I love the silver and blue, but I'm tired of making excuses for Jerry Jones and this coaching staff. I'm tired of having an owner who prioritizes ticket sales and marketing over finding a competent coaching staff. It's incredibly frustrating as a fan.

• Like 1

After I have had a day to digest the pitiful showing by Americas Team, I have analyzed the Packer game this way.

The offensive line was hurt tramendously by the absence of Tyron Smith.  Cameron Fleming was out of his element, which speaks volumes concerning the quality of backup OL's. #55 was having a field day with Fleming, until he got hurt. Fleming and Conner Williams were not on the same page.  Toward the end of the game it appeared Fleming got better, but I think injuries on the Packers made it look that way.   Dak needs four seconds plus to be an effective QB.  It is unbelievably uncanny how Aaron Rogers can escape pressure and continuesly squirt out of the pocket and throw a bullet precisely where he needs it. Even left handed. The Cowboys secondary is not good enough to counter that. Daks rookie year he was better at that than now, in my opinion. He is taking too many sacks and rushing his throws into tight coverage.

Where is the pass rush from Lawrence, Quinn and Collins . Quinn is doing fair, but that is not enough. For the life of me I don't see why we can't have a bull rush from both defensive ends closing down on both sides of the QB and Malik Collins bulling up the middle to hem in the QB forcing him to the middle preventing him from rolling out. I know that is easier said than done, but they gotta do a better job than what they have been doing.

I don't see where Kellan Moore's offensive scheme is fooling anybody at this juncture. Multiple sets and motion ain't done squat as far as I can see.  Brett Maher better start packing his bags, he is toast as far as I am concerned. 

Right now, what I am looking for is Dallas to concentrate on  winning the east division get into the playoffs, and maybe by that time all elements of this team will be perfected and more effective. I also think the sports media in the metro plex over hyped the abilities of this team, and I fell for it. 

• Like 1

In my previous post  I forgot to mention the fun part of this game. Number 33 for the Packers was taunting the Cowboys defense all day. The little wave bye bye to a Dallas player on a touchdown run early in the game was real cute.

His  last carry where he tried to jig and juke and run around the opposite end however will live in infamy.

The close-up shot of the look on Jones' face after Awuzie cleaned his clock was a sight to behold. He didn't  know what planet he was on. I have no doubt Awuzie had , had enough of his antics, and was trying to take his head off. That was the best part of the whole game especially since the guy was not seriously hurt. You gotta be tough or stupid to act like he did in an NFL game.

19 hours ago, Newtonres7586 said:

In my previous post  I forgot to mention the fun part of this game. Number 33 for the Packers was taunting the Cowboys defense all day. The little wave bye bye to a Dallas player on a touchdown run early in the game was real cute.

His  last carry where he tried to jig and juke and run around the opposite end however will live in infamy.

The close-up shot of the look on Jones' face after Awuzie cleaned his clock was a sight to behold. He didn't  know what planet he was on. I have no doubt Awuzie had , had enough of his antics, and was trying to take his head off. That was the best part of the whole game especially since the guy was not seriously hurt. You gotta be tough or stupid to act like he did in an NFL game.

This was the only positive I took from that game lol. I loved that hit

• Thanks 1

On 10/6/2019 at 7:09 PM, TTman7 said:

Well, the Cowboys made it interesting and "respectable" in the second half. 

Everybody R E L A X. This is only week 5...so 11 more games to go. We as Cowboys fans get to experience these ups & downs for 3 more months. 😉

You are completely right on your assertions . My only problem is. I hate the dam packers and am soooo tired of my team being humiliated by that bunch. It gives me tha Hives!!

By the by, Dak may be regretting not signing that contract early. In my humble opinion, he is not enhancing his chances of getting a history setting contract. You only get that kind of contract when you play like an Aaron Rogers. And, he ain't doing that yet. But, I do love the man. Just get better Dak.

15 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I researched it, and I didn't know I was quoting Paul Chesser :  https://www.carolinajournal.com/opinion-article/moral-victories-are-for-losers/ .  As for there are no excuses to losing I think I heard that from Coach Moye back in the 7th grade.

Maybe it was Master Yoda :  

You inadvertently tugged on my heart strings mentioning coach Moye. I was very fond of the man. He helped my son tremendously during a scary time due to my sons football injury. 

A better man I never knew.

On 10/9/2019 at 8:50 AM, Newtonres7586 said:

You inadvertently tugged on my heart strings mentioning coach Moye. I was very fond of the man. He helped my son tremendously during a scary time due to my sons football injury. 

A better man I never knew.

Coach Moye was a great man.  I'm sure your son probably had one paddling from the master of the Kung Fu grip, and not ever again.  At least I did.  I was grateful to move up from 7th grade football to high school football with Coach James Moye, and I admire him to this day.  I know there is a fine line between teacher and student, and I've only crossed that line with one coach, because he was friends with my brother on facebook, before he became my secondaries coach my freshman year.  I had a friend put up a photo of him, Coach Shipp, Coach Cook, Coach Travis, and a few others a couple of years ago, and I'm glad they still get together after all these years.  I'm still amazed Coach Shipp is still alive, because he coached my brothers back in the 70's, and became a Vice Principal.  As for corporal punishment Coach Shipp would bring the wood so to speak, and Coach Moye was #2 at Pine Tree for hardest licks a kid could get.  Those hurt worse than the Cowboys loss to Green Bay on Sunday.    

16 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

Coach Moye was a great man.  I'm sure your son probably had one paddling from the master of the Kung Fu grip, and not ever again.  At least I did.  I was grateful to move up from 7th grade football to high school football with Coach James Moye, and I admire him to this day.  I know there is a fine line between teacher and student, and I've only crossed that line with one coach, because he was friends with my brother on facebook, before he became my secondaries coach my freshman year.  I had a friend put up a photo of him, Coach Shipp, Coach Cook, Coach Travis, and a few others a couple of years ago, and I'm glad they still get together after all these years.  I'm still amazed Coach Shipp is still alive, because he coached my brothers back in the 70's, and became a Vice Principal.  As for corporal punishment Coach Shipp would bring the wood so to speak, and Coach Moye was #2 at Pine Tree for hardest licks a kid could get.  Those hurt worse than the Cowboys loss to Green Bay on Sunday.    

He never got the paddle from coach Moye, but he did from coach Hartfield, which he resents to this day. But, that's a long story. Coach Hartfield, and I were good friends in those days.

I always told my son never do anything to get licks, cause I did in high school, and believe me there ain't nothin' that's hurts more that five licks with nothing on but a pair of gym shorts and a jock strap. 

On 10/6/2019 at 7:17 PM, Stoney said:

Jets 0-4....Darnold should return

Eagles 3-2...it’s the Iggles at Jerryworld

Giants 2-3...Daniel Jones and probably a healthy Barkley

Vikings 3-2....Zimmer has a good defense

You at worst have to split the Iggles/Giants games. A Jets loss and fans riot. Vikings are a playoff caliber team. It should be a good litmus test for the team. 

Anybody got some pitchforks and torches?

• LOL! 2