Quitman @ Grand Saline

TheLionWire

57 minutes ago, 3rdand5 said:

GS  Not much of a rival when you are as bad as Quitman. Hate it because Ouitman use to be a great competitor in East Texas. Just don't have the kids to compete.

No kidding . I thought the same thing. Sad when a program goes through difficult times. 

I mean, what happened in Quitman? GS went through the same thing. They went 1-9 in 2012, 0-10 in 2013 and 2014. They lost 32 straight games before Ridge got his system kicked in and then you saw steady but sure improvement. Won a share of the District title in 2015, took some steps back in 16 and 17 being in Division I and being the smallest school in the district and then rebounded last year to go two rounds deep. 

Hope Quitman rebounds.

5 hours ago, 3rdand5 said:

GS  Not much of a rival when you are as bad as Quitman. Hate it because Ouitman use to be a great competitor in East Texas. Just don't have the kids to compete.

I remember when Quitman had some good teams......now that was way back in the 80s when we met in the playoffs at Palestine! (Getting to be a while back!) Lol I hate to see any team stay down for any length of time. Was glad to see them break the losing streak last season.

I’ll take Grand Saline by 3 touchdowns.

Grand Saline by a land slide. Quitman got ride of several staff members after going 13-1 in 2005. They had a down year in 2006 where they went 4-6 the next two years after they they played for the district championship both years losing to winnsboro. Had another 4-6 year the year after that then they ran the whole staff off even the ones left from the 2005 playoff run. That staff started in 2000 and most of them were still together through 2008 season and they went 58-30 overall in those 8 years. Since then 2009-2018 they are 17-83.

16 hours ago, theprodigy said:

Grand Saline by a land slide. Quitman got rid of several staff members after going 13-1 in 2005. They had a down year in 2006 where they went 4-6 the next two years after they they played for the district championship both years losing to winnsboro. Had another 4-6 year the year after that then they ran the whole staff off even the ones left from the 2005 playoff run. That staff started in 2000 and most of them were still together through 2008 season and they went 58-30 overall in those 8 years. Since then 2009-2018 they are 17-83.

Wow, that’s incredible. I think they would kill for a 4-6 year now. 🤦‍♂️ Hope they can get things back on track.