District 11 3a (District Play) Diboll at Crockett, Franklin at Elkhart, Trinity at Coldspring

HookEm85

Diboll Franklin and Coldspring get wins.... Diboll and Crockett should be a good game (side note Crockett get both Diboll and Franklin at home this year)... Franklin is young but they are starting to jell together... Defense is not as good as last years but they are showing signs of greatness 94 total yards for coldspring last game

27 minutes ago, CrockettDogs said:

First time we play Diboll at home since 2016 where we won big. If the coaching is on point gimme Crockett in a close one

my dad coached for 33 years in north texas and if there is one thing i learned its not always the coaches fault or always the players fault. Sometimes you just don't have it that night,  but i see finger pointing is the most popular trend these days. 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, HookEm85 said:

looking at the scores from last year the Crockett vs Diboll game looked to be close at times. who wins when Diboll and Franklin match up?

Really not sure i have not seen diboll this year but i hear they look good.... Franklin is starting to look like Franklin only time will tell... Diboll plays in Franklin and its a really tough place to play only 2 home losses in the past 8 or so years at home

24 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Really not sure i have not seen diboll this year but i hear they look good.... Franklin is starting to look like Franklin only time will tell... Diboll plays in Franklin and its a really tough place to play only 2 home losses in the past 8 or so years at home

Sheesh! that is impressive. Franklin has been dominant for many years. Was very surprised to see y'all lose last year, arguably the best team in 3A last year. Just my opinion 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, HookEm85 said:

my dad coached for 33 years in north texas and if there is one thing i learned its not always the coaches fault or always the players fault. Sometimes you just don't have it that night,  but i see finger pointing is the most popular trend these days. 🤷‍♂️

Crockett has had notoriously bad coaching the past few years. We could’ve had Driskell from Malakoff. He was the QB when Crockett went to state in ‘90 and his dad was the coach. Which is why our stadium is named after him. But for whatever reason we chose to stay with the ones we have now. That cost us a state run in 2016.

Just now, CrockettDogs said:

Crockett has had notoriously bad coaching the past few years. We could’ve had Driskell from Malakoff. He was the QB when Crockett went to state in ‘90 and his dad was the coach. Which is why our stadium is named after him. But for whatever reason we chose to stay with the ones we have now. That cost us a state run in 2016.

Having many friends and family in Crockett i just dont think you could be further from the truth pal. No knock on Jamie driskell but i don't believe he has won state playing or coaching no matter how close he has got. One of my best friends played on that 90's team and have known Monte Jack for many years. Do you ever thank that maybe just maybe that in 2016 Franklin was the better team? Notoriously bad just seems dramatic if they were so good in 2016 and made the playoffs last year and seem to be on pace to making them again this year. again tho just my opinion 

30 minutes ago, HookEm85 said:

Having many friends and family in Crockett i just dont think you could be further from the truth pal. No knock on Jamie driskell but i don't believe he has won state playing or coaching no matter how close he has got. One of my best friends played on that 90's team and have known Monte Jack for many years. Do you ever thank that maybe just maybe that in 2016 Franklin was the better team? Notoriously bad just seems dramatic if they were so good in 2016 and made the playoffs last year and seem to be on pace to making them again this year. again tho just my opinion 

We lost to Arp on a last sec field goal in 2016 not Franklin. They went on to beat Newton and lost in the Semis. Crockett has always been one of the most talented small schools in ETX . And with that much talent you would expect to make a deep run every year. Like the Crockett teams of the 90’s nobody even in the upper divisions wanted to play them. And that’s no knock on Thompson he’s one of the most winningest coaches in tx hs fb history. I’m just saying we should’ve been way better than we had been. I would argue that we have the best track program out of the small schools in East Texas I would like to see that correlate with football aswell.

1 hour ago, HookEm85 said:

Sheesh! that is impressive. Franklin has been dominant for many years. Was very surprised to see y'all lose last year, arguably the best team in 3A last year. Just my opinion 

Grandview play one hell of a game... We killed ourselves when we threw the pick 6... Had a chance to win but recovered the ball after it went 9 yards instead of 10 on the onside kick

1 hour ago, CrockettDogs said:

Definitely could’ve had Jamie I think in 2005? When Lowry left. The school board didn’t want him though, because many don’t like the father for whatever reason. It would’ve been better than Burrow or whatever his name was. Much better..

1 hour ago, CrockettDogs said:

We lost to Arp on a last sec field goal in 2016 not Franklin. They went on to beat Newton and lost in the Semis. Crockett has always been one of the most talented small schools in ETX . And with that much talent you would expect to make a deep run every year. Like the Crockett teams of the 90’s nobody even in the upper divisions wanted to play them. And that’s no knock on Thompson he’s one of the most winningest coaches in tx hs fb history. I’m just saying we should’ve been way better than we had been. I would argue that we have the best track program out of the small schools in East Texas I would like to see that correlate with football aswell.

okay my mistake on that so were the Franklin and Arp years back to back? that's two back to back deep runs and usually after that there are some down years. community of Crockett is a lot different now, town support is important I'm ready to see Crockett get their first State title that town deserves it. Good Luck Dogs!! 

5 hours ago, HookEm85 said:

okay my mistake on that so were the Franklin and Arp years back to back? that's two back to back deep runs and usually after that there are some down years. community of Crockett is a lot different now, town support is important I'm ready to see Crockett get their first State title that town deserves it. Good Luck Dogs!! 

I listen to that crockett vs arp game... Watched arp play a playoff game in franklin in 16

23 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

I listen to that crockett vs arp game... Watched arp play a playoff game in franklin in 16

That team was the real deal. That Texas commit won the game for them . One of the most freakish athletes I’ve ever seen on this level. I think he was ranked the #2 safety in the entire country . Crazy thing is there was a very strong chance we win that  game if our star running back doesn’t go down the game before. I think 8 or 9 kids from that Crockett senior class went to play at the next level in sum form . If we were gonna win state that would’ve been the year to do it .

I believe that Crockett can win, but its going to take the defense stopping the run. Crockett have had trouble with hard running RB’s, that are aggressive. If Crockett can gang tackle and get Diboll in 3rd and long situation consistently, the dogs can pull this off. RUN DEFENSE is the KEY! Not saying Diboll can’t pass, but DB’s are a strong point for Crockett. Pulling for the Bulldogs. I’ll be at the JACK Friday night. If GOD LETS ME.

19 hours ago, CrockettDogs said:

Didn't Newton beat Crockett like 42-21 in district.  If you would have beaten Arp, you still would have had to face Newton. Just saying you shouldn't have lost to Arp and we shouldn't have but we  both did and that is the fact.Being real good is a big plus in winning state but if you don't have some luck and catch a break here and there ,state tends to be just out of  your reach. I do think Diboll will win this district, they are just to physical.

21 hours ago, CrockettDogs said:

I think coaching may have very well cost y’all in 2011 against Tatum. Shoulda went for 2. Lol

2 hours ago, jimmyw said:

Didn't Newton beat Crockett like 42-21 in district.  If you would have beaten Arp, you still would have had to face Newton. Just saying you shouldn't have lost to Arp and we shouldn't have but we  both did and that is the fact.Being real good is a big plus in winning state but if you don't have some luck and catch a break here and there ,state tends to be just out of  your reach. I do think Diboll will win this district, they are just to physical.

Naaah I believe if we had played Newton on a neutral field the results would have been very different. Was at that game believe me. But yea I agree. And yea I think Diboll might be one of the best teams in the division but Crockett always gives Diboll a game. Either way between Crockett and Diboll and Carthage vs PG East Texas getting sum good games Friday night.