Week Seven: Longview at Mesquite Horn

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (5-0) vs Mesquite Horn Jaguars (2-3)  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Mesquite Horn in a close one
    • Mesquite Horn in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/12/2019 at 12:30 AM

Our special teams are the worst we have had under King. Tonight, it was a disaster on all three levels. From the kickoff game giving them basically a free touchdown, to missing two field goals plus an extra point to the punt returns fumbling left and right plus letting the ball drop and it goes all the way to the freakin two. I don't know what you do, but Webb needs to be changed. It just is awful. 

Meredith was on point tonight, and Horn just had no answer.

Our defense finally got the test they really needed. It took a half, but they got there and became their normal selves in the second half.

Haynes and the passing game still looks completely off. 

Penalties are going to doom this team at the end of the day. We keep saying they can be corrected, but we now have THREE games in SIX with 10 or more penalties. That's just absolutely ridiculous. 

We'll be fine, and I know I'm guilty of comparing them to last year...but this definitely isn't last year. We're finding ways to win, so I can't complain too much but man. Everything about this season so far has been completely flat. Excluding the Rockwall game, they just haven't looked like a complete team to me. But maybe they'll turn it on in November. Who knows. The penalties, the turnovers...it just screams early playoff loss to me. I really hope I'm wrong, and I probably will be (because there's no one that should be beating us until the 3rd round at the very least). 

We'll see what happens.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pack007 said:

Stop it. Too soon for this 

🤣😂🤣😂 KMSL!!! Okay. You know I have my "go off" moments throughout the season. Lol! But, G-D'it Man!!! They get on my everlasting nerves with the BS they do. I swear, I am waiting for that moment when one of our wide receivers just runs the wrong direction with his head tilted ALL THE WAY BACK and the football wedged in his facemask.

I promise you, it's coming at this Rate. We're doing some of the most outlandish things in blowout fashion most of the time. I just wonder what a complete game looks like at this point. We begin half‐a catching the ball then low and behold the secondary does their best Chido Awuzie impression tonight. I just........ 🤷🏿‍♂️ I don't know how John King tolerates it from week to week.

• LOL! 1

19 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

We somehow set a school record for total yards in a game this week....goodness.

tbh, they stayed in Horn's redzone. But couldn't get in the dang endzone...which is crazy to say with 44 points scored lol 

Oline has been very impressive...being that it was the biggest unknown to start season!

Through 6 games...

offense overall = B
oline ........ B+
Rbs ............A
wrs............c-
Qb............A-

defense overall = A
dline ......A
linebackers.......A
secondary.......B

Special Teams overall = B

Penalties...... F

Surprises:
oline this good early....
defense being this good overall...
passing attack struggling soo badly...
Tight ends invisible 

Going forward:
keep pounding the ball...
get Jalen Hale playing time...
get passing game In sync...
stop the damn stupid penalties...
just keep being Lobos!!!!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TheFootballFan said:

Oline has been very impressive...being that it was the biggest unknown to start season!

Through 6 games...

offense overall = B
oline ........ B+
Rbs ............A
wrs............c-
Qb............A-

defense overall = A
dline ......A
linebackers.......A
secondary.......B

Special Teams overall = B

Penalties...... F

Surprises:
oline this good early....
defense being this good overall...
passing attack struggling soo badly...
Tight ends invisible 

Going forward:
keep pounding the ball...
get Jalen Hale playing time...
get passing game In sync...
stop the damn stupid penalties...
just keep being Lobos!!!!

Only thing missing here is cheerleader 's doing the wrong routine.. Lol 

On 10/12/2019 at 3:12 PM, TheFootballFan said:

Surprises:
oline this good early...

Not a surprise for me.

Told yall the OL would get it together. lol I dunno if you forget we have an OL guru as a HC but this is Longview, we'll almost never have a horrid OL no matter what graduates. I just never worry about the OL long term. 

We have 4 SRs on this OL, we'll have to replace LT, C, RG and RT for next year. But I'm not worried. We have King + talent coming behind them.

• Like 1