Week Seven: Longview at Mesquite Horn

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (5-0) vs Mesquite Horn Jaguars (2-3)  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Mesquite Horn in a close one
    • Mesquite Horn in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/12/2019 at 12:30 AM

7 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

JT would not have made the post season in 11-6A this year...They've already lost to three 11-6A schools, and there's no way they would beat Rockwall. 

I really doubt they would've made it last year as well, tbh. 

It's all hypothetical. 

#StartHale 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

Game preview added.

Beat Horn.

Longview looking for it's 46th winning season in the last 50 seasons.

That is ludicrous. 

Man...  you lifelong Lobos don't know how good you've got it.    🐺

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AKA said:

That is ludicrous. 

Man...  you lifelong Lobos don't know how good you've got it.    🐺

No doubt.

Only losing seasons in the last 49 years...1971 (3-6-1), 1994 (4-5-1), 1999 (4-6) and 2000 (3-7).

Probably should've had a winning record in 1994, but a 26-20 loss to Bryan (got down 24-0 but clawing back and then couldn't complete the comeback) and a 14-13 loss at #1 Ruston (went for two with 52 seconds left in the game and fumbled it) denied that. Same could be said about 1999 in having at least a .500 record but a overtime loss at Lake Highlands denied that. 

We've been extremely fortunate over the last five decades.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

No doubt.

Only losing seasons in the last 49 years...1971 (3-6-1), 1994 (4-5-1), 1999 (4-6) and 2000 (3-7).

It actually goes back further than that. Those 4 losing seasons are the only losing seasons dating back to 1964...55 years. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

No doubt.

Probably should've had a winning record in 1994, but a 26-20 loss to Bryan (got down 24-0 but clawing back and then couldn't complete the comeback) and a 14-13 loss at #1 Ruston (went for two with 52 seconds left in the game and fumbled it) denied that. Same could be said about 1999 in having at least a .500 record but a overtime loss at Lake Highlands denied that. 

We've been extremely fortunate over the last five decades.

Chris Butcher rushed for 200 yards in that loss.   Three quick scores in the first 3 minutes of the game off turnovers.  It was all Longview after that.  

• Like 1

On 10/8/2019 at 7:42 AM, LoboFan07 said:

Game preview added.

Beat Horn.

Longview looking for it's 46th winning season in the last 50 seasons.

Man that is pretty impressive. I wonder how many other programs have expierenced that kinda of success. I assume may Highland Park and Katy. I know Gilmer and Carthage didn't get good until this century. 

11 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

It actually goes back further than that. Those 4 losing seasons are the only losing seasons dating back to 1964...55 years. 

Even better. I was only looking from 1970, but you're correct. From 1964, Longview has just four losing records, and two .500 seasons, good for 50 winning seasons in 55 years/56 seasons. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Man that is pretty impressive. I wonder how many other programs have expierenced that kinda of success. I assume may Highland Park and Katy. I know Gilmer and Carthage didn't get good until this century. 

Highland Park most likely.

Katy was not the Katy we know now until 1994 really. They had multiple 1-9, 2-8 seasons in the 80s and 70s.

Converse Judson has the state record for consecutive winning seasons at 42, which they'll make 43 no doubt this season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Even better. I was only looking from 1970, but you're correct. From 1964, Longview has just four losing records, and two .500 seasons, good for 50 winning seasons in 55 years/56 seasons. 

Wow...  just...   wow. 

Gonna have to start cutting some of you radical Lobo fans some slack. No wonder the expectations are unrealistic. The standard of excellence of Lobo football is unrealistic

• Like 1

On 10/9/2019 at 9:40 AM, LoboFan07 said:

Highland Park most likely.

Katy was not the Katy we know now until 1994 really. They had multiple 1-9, 2-8 seasons in the 80s and 70s.

Converse Judson has the state record for consecutive winning seasons at 42, which they'll make 43 no doubt this season.

I was gonna say I never really heard of Katy until they beat us at state in 97 the rest is history 

Welcome back Smoaky.com ha!

Pretty big night for Longview's potential playoff run, with McKinney taking on Plano tonight. I fully believe this will decide who gets the #4 spot in district 9-6A. A McKinney win (and if they get in) sends Prosper to Division I, setting up Jesuit to take that top spot in D2 9-6A. A Plano win (and if they get in) sends Prosper to Division II and a likely second rate date with Longview.

• Like 2

Our record/success is even more impressive when you consider the level of competition we play every year. 

Throughout the 90s and early 00s, Marshall was a state contender many years. They played for state 2 years in a row.  JT, Lee, and Lufkin all won state during the stretch from 1994-2004.

We played Midland Lee back when they had Cedric Benson and Eric Winston. We played Evangel back when they were nationally ranked most years (as high as #2 in 2002 and 2003). Played #7 nationally ranked John Curtis in 2007. Played Abilene the year they were defending their state championship. And then played Allen 4 years in a row as they were winning state. 

And that doesn't even count all the very good Ruston, Neville, and West Monroe teams we've faced over the years.

Sadly, our district got a lot softer when we went to the Rockwall/Mesquite schools than when we played the teams from East Texas when they were all good.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LOBOFAN84 said:

What? You disagree? 😏

Naw...some guy at the Judson game said that after the game at the refs. I broke down laughing then. He also said all yall do is win and can't wait until we go to Lobo next year. This was after a middle school game by the way lol...

• LOL! 2