• Astros in 5
    • Astros in 6
    • Astros in 7
    • Yankees in 4
    • Yankees in 5
    • Yankees in 6
    • Yankees in 7

11 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

I'm going on record....if they lose this game, the Yankees will be in the world series......

I like our chances for moving on with Cole in the 5th game but you are right about the Yankees even if we do have home field advantage and there will be a 5th game the Astros hitters can't even hit this relievers  

4 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

I like our chances for moving on with Cole in the 5th game but you are right about the Yankees even if we do have home field advantage and there will be a 5th game the Astros hitters can't even hit this relievers  

Pitching rotation is screwed up for Yankees if there is a game 5 in this series......Greinke will have to pitch game 1......

17 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

I'm going on record....if they lose this game, the Yankees will be in the world series......

I tend to agree with you.   As soon as they clinched Home Field and Hinch pronounced in locker room WE ARE THE BEST in MLB I told my wife only a fool would say that and stuff like that usually blows up on you 

• Like 1

Just now, THSfanatic said:

Best record in regular season means NOTHING.    Technically they have an unbelievable lineup.   Realistically they pop up and strike out 

What he stated was FACT.....Im of the opinion he meant it exactly like I interpreted it.......

IF.  And I do say IF the Astros don’t win the WS.......the signing of Greinke is gonna be a terrible move.   The money he has taken up on the cap ensures we cannot make a realistic effort to offer Cole (unless you are willing to give up on resigning Springer and or Correa).    

I was all for the addition, but this has the potential to bite us for a long time

Another no hitting disappointing loss. If we have the most potent lineup in baseball it is not rearing it’s ball eating head. We swing at double bouncing curve balls we swing at balls that almost takes our knee caps off we try to score when we shouldn’t, second guessing of course but it’s so. I think we will win Thursday but the games with NY could very well resemble last years debacle with Boston  and we can’t even claim we was playing with injuries to key players this year. Rays didn’t have to throw a starting pitcher out there and we went down without a rem-per. 

I’m not confident at all at this point.   All the Astros hitters are stone cold.   I never thought I’d see the day where Brantley would be on this long of a slump. I even saw Springer give up a possible hit by not going all out.   This is dangerous territory 

1 minute ago, Wild74 said:

Dodgers down in 5 and so are the Braves. Hope the Stros come out slugging today or it will be a long off season

Home teams didn't fare very well in the NL, did they.......hope THAT trend don't carry over to tonight......

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, THSfanatic said:

I don’t think I’ve ever had such a feeling of doom as I do for this game.    Offense has been sliding for quite a while.  Very frustrating 

I have seen them in this kind of funk before unfortunately they don't have games to fool around with to come out of it. Cole is on his 4 days rest hopefully he won't need a big lead and the crowd will get the Astros up and ready to bang. 

Edited by Wild74
In case Kirk is spell checking today

On 10/8/2019 at 6:40 PM, Wild74 said:

Verlander looks like :poop: tonight 

He's never had success with three days rest, but he's only done it one other time with disastrous results as well. At 36 they should have went with a different arm.  I just have a bad feeling about tonights game, and I don't like it.  I'm not going to say the Astros are going to lose, but I think it's going to be a tight game.