McKinney North @ Texas High

BlackShirtD

This sophomore qb has potential, but IMHO, he is not as good as any of the past sophomore qbs that the Tigers have had in the past.  The offensive brain trust is going to live and die with the run until they are forced to pass and passing success will be hard to achieve.  Also, I was told that when the other qb returns he will be put at wide receiver.  We might win one more game this season regretfully.

19 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

This sophomore qb has potential, but IMHO, he is not as good as any of the past sophomore qbs that the Tigers have had in the past.  The offensive brain trust is going to live and die with the run until they are forced to pass and passing success will be hard to achieve.  Also, I was told that when the other qb returns he will be put at wide receiver.  We might win one more game this season regretfully.

I have heard the same thing.  He is a great athlete and hope the Tigers can get a win or 2 and get in the playoffs.

4 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

hmmm....If he is the best QB on the roster why would they move him to WR?  Some THigh fans said that if he would have played against JT, THigh would have had a shot at winning the game.

I know the dad of a player and he told me today exactly what happened.  Good young man, did not take care of a class assignment, got a grade bad enough to sink him in one class.  He had three weeks to complete the assignment.  I do not think that its a case of "not getting caught in this situation again" but probably getting what they feel like is a promising qb the reps to be better in the future kind of like Barry Norton did with several of his sophomore qbs.  Norton just started them all and none of them relieved a starter in mid season.  If the sophomore replaces the junior starter permanently, IMHO, would be a huge mistake because this team has a chance to be pretty good on defense the next two years.  But you have to score to win and I know that the junior would be a better fit.  I'd bet anyone money that JT would have shut out THS.  He would have pressured the JT defense in ways that this sophomore never could have.  We are talking about two different skill sets in that the sophomore will never be able to run the read option even when he is a senior.  JT would have committed suicide to play the junior starter on defense like they played to sophomore by stacking the box and playing man to man on the outside receivers.  Also, the THS offensive play callers relied too much on the rushing attack in the second half, especially the third quarter, against a fast defense, and did not even try to pass until they were 10 points down.  Remember the last THS offensive play at the end of the second quarter?  The big Tiger receiver did a double move flag pattern against the JT cornerback, beat him by five yards to the back of the end zone, qb put the ball on the money and the receiver dropped the ball.  THS never called that play again.  Then they wanted to pass the ball to the middle of the field but by that time the JT coached were playing their safeties deeper to the middle of the field to guard against getting beaten deep over the middle.  Great coaching by JT, not so good coaching by THS.

13 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

I know the dad of a player and he told me today exactly what happened.  Good young man, did not take care of a class assignment, got a grade bad enough to sink him in one class.  He had three weeks to complete the assignment.  I do not think that its a case of "not getting caught in this situation again" but probably getting what they feel like is a promising qb the reps to be better in the future kind of like Barry Norton did with several of his sophomore qbs.  Norton just started them all and none of them relieved a starter in mid season.  If the sophomore replaces the junior starter permanently, IMHO, would be a huge mistake because this team has a chance to be pretty good on defense the next two years.  But you have to score to win and I know that the junior would be a better fit.  I'd bet anyone money that JT would have shut out THS.  He would have pressured the JT defense in ways that this sophomore never could have.  We are talking about two different skill sets in that the sophomore will never be able to run the read option even when he is a senior.  JT would have committed suicide to play the junior starter on defense like they played to sophomore by stacking the box and playing man to man on the outside receivers.  Also, the THS offensive play callers relied too much on the rushing attack in the second half, especially the third quarter, against a fast defense, and did not even try to pass until they were 10 points down.  Remember the last THS offensive play at the end of the second quarter?  The big Tiger receiver did a double move flag pattern against the JT cornerback, beat him by five yards to the back of the end zone, qb put the ball on the money and the receiver dropped the ball.  THS never called that play again.  Then they wanted to pass the ball to the middle of the field but by that time the JT coached were playing their safeties deeper to the middle of the field to guard against getting beaten deep over the middle.  Great coaching by JT, not so good coaching by THS.

Interesting. I watch highlights of the other qb from the Kilgore game.  He is much better than the one that played against JT.

My perspective of the JT, TH game, being his frist start, I thought the soph QB did ok. The game started a little fast for him, but he saddle in as much as he could. The two early INTs, one was his fault, the other, he wasn’t able to finish stepping into his throw for getting hit. (Why was he throwing so early in the game?), I take it to set up the run the rest of the way.jmo

MN: I’m looking for him to play a lot better and faster against MN. With good LB play, I think it can go ether way.

It should be a good coaching game. MN is going to try to get up early, and then make TH throw. TH should try to get up early, and then do what they do best, and hit’em with a pass when they have to, to get’em off the line.

The whole district will be peeping in on this game.

What type of game plan will TH coaches use. MN is going to be MN, and try to score a lot of points. I don’t think MN can control Cooper, so do you set the tempo, with a ball control type of offense, and let them play into the hands of your defense, or just try to win straight up with your defense. If TH staff can pull off this win, they will definitely move to the top.jmo

Take Care Of The Ball

1 minute ago, cujo2016 said:

What type of game plan will TH coaches use. MN is going to be MN, and try to score a lot of points. I don’t think MN can control Cooper, so do you set the tempo, with a ball control type of offense, 

I think that is probably the only option. 

4 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

I was told that this game is a matchup of the allegedly best offense, MN, against the allegedly best defense, THS.  Its going to be a big, important game for THS.  They have got to put up enough points to win.

I would say John Tyler has the best defense in the district based on what happened last week.

10 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

I would say John Tyler has the best defense in the district based on what happened last week.

I would TH and JT are probably even in terms of defense they both fast and physical defenses. Texas highs front seven puts a lot of pressure up like JT. I don’t think game will be will be blow out but I think north will win. But north ain’t putting up 50+ this ain’t northwest or wake land Or heath lol.