Pine Tree @ Mount Pleasant

budmanmpfan

Sorry this is late. But not much to say about this one. Mount Pleasant started off district play horribly while Pine Tree started off with a win. When i was younger and into the mid 2000s this match was never a toss up and it still isn't but the outcome has flipped. The Pirates should win this game rather easily. They are better in aspects of the game right now. I'm hoping the Tigers can pull of the biggest upset in district this week. But i will say Pine Tree 56, MP 14.

PT big.....PT is heading for a similar start as last year. There next shot at a loss IMHO is week 8 in NAC. A MT. Pleasant upset would be very beneficial for Nac!!

PT closes the season @ Nac week 8, vs WH week 9,vs Lindale week 10 and @ Marshall week 11  

Pulling for MP...but I think PT wins it.

A piece of me would like to see Marshall and PT both be 6-0 in district when we play in the season finale.

Sellout crowd.  Playing for a district championship.

But we both gotta win THIS week for it to happen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BuckNut said:

Pitt beat PT.  Would Pitt beat MP?  I think MP could and should play with PT if PT can’t beat Pitt.

I can’t explain Pitt’s results this season..... but from what I saw they have a damn good defense. They did beat Kilgore, who beat Nac, Hallsville and PT. 

I like PT in this one. PT’s QB is a gamer..... and the Pirate offense can light up a scoreboard in a hurry.

13 hours ago, BuckNut said:

Pitt beat PT.  Would Pitt beat MP?  I think MP could and should play with PT if PT can’t beat Pitt.

Pitt and MP would be a good game. But we will never know the outcome. Not allowed to play anymore. But they play the game for a reason, I honestly don't think MP has a chance in this one. They had too much of a cupcake schedule. They were even with Whitehouse until a muffed punt and it changed the whole game. If not for that muffed punt, we could be seeing a battle of unbeatens in district play. But oh well, we aren't. If the Tigers can keep the mistakes at a minimum and force PT into some turnovers. Make PT play the Tigers game then MP has a big chance to win. But really need to play sound ball with no turnovers or penalties. 

MP is very young this year. We are gaining experience with every game and that will help in the future  for sure. MP run defense has looked pretty good so far this year except when Paris wore them down in the second half. Pass defense is a work in progress as is the O-line. I hope for improvement as the season goes along. I think we have something like 3 SR's starting.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Triton said:

MP is very young this year. We are gaining experience with every game and that will help in the future  for sure. MP run defense has looked pretty good so far this year except when Paris wore them down in the second half. Pass defense is a work in progress as is the O-line. I hope for improvement as the season goes along. I think we have something like 3 SR's starting.

They are a young team. And with a really good jv and freshman team coming up. Yes 3 srs starting according to my nephew. He plays on the fresh team.

MP never seems short on athletes or talent.  They always seem to find a stud RB or WR or QB.

Depth is what kills them.

Guys play both ways.... and they are exhausted midway through the 3rd qtr.   If the game is still close by then.... they just start getting run over.

By the 4th qrt the landslide has begun.  

Just seems like year after year..... each week they have a fairly close game at halftime... but it morphs into a blowout by the end of the game.

If MP can solve their depth issues.... I think they will see wins more frequently.

JMHO......

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

MP never seems short on athletes or talent.  They always seem to find a stud RB or WR or QB.

Depth is what kills them.

Guys play both ways.... and they are exhausted midway through the 3rd qtr.   If the game is still close by then.... they just start getting run over.

By the 4th qrt the landslide has begun.  

Just seems like year after year..... each week they have a fairly close game at halftime... but it morphs into a blowout by the end of the game.

If MP can solve their depth issues.... I think they will see wins more frequently.

JMHO......

You are exactly right. Theres enough guys in the school too to get that depth. They just dont want to play football. They need a coach that can get the boys out there to play. This coach is a good coach but if hes not winning, he wont get them out to play. MP has become a soccer school unlike the football school it was in the 90s. Hopefully it will be back to prominence like it once was and competing year in and year out for a district championship. 

13 hours ago, budmanmpfan said:

You are exactly right. Theres enough guys in the school too to get that depth. They just dont want to play football. They need a coach that can get the boys out there to play. This coach is a good coach but if hes not winning, he wont get them out to play. MP has become a soccer school unlike the football school it was in the 90s. Hopefully it will be back to prominence like it once was and competing year in and year out for a district championship. 

Not sure the numbers will get better without winning first. I like what our coach is doing on both sides of the ball. Like Mavchamp said we just play so many both ways we run out of gas early. 

Last year this was a shootout. MP has a better defense this year against the run and hopefully learned a lot against the pass last week. Not sure MP offense can score as well as last year though at this point. Really hoping for a good game though. Pine Tree will be a huge challenge for the Tigers for sure. Good luck to both teams and PT Pirates travel safely to MP! GO TIGERS!!!

30 minutes ago, Triton said:

Last year this was a shootout. MP has a better defense this year against the run and hopefully learned a lot against the pass last week. Not sure MP offense can score as well as last year though at this point. Really hoping for a good game though. Pine Tree will be a huge challenge for the Tigers for sure. Good luck to both teams and PT Pirates travel safely to MP! GO TIGERS!!!

Go get em Tigers!