Scientists and Experts still can't agree on red meat.

DaveTV1

https://www.aol.com/article/lifestyle/2019/10/01/controversial-study-on-red-and-processed-meat-is-a-disservice-to-the-public-experts-say/23824598/  

This report also states processed meat. Of course the "experts" want to say it's wrong, because it is not what they want to push on people.  This is why I say eat what you want to.  We only live may be 70-80 years on average.  To think a perfect diet will allow you to live to be 100 is insane.  The main thing is exercise is maintaining one's weight.  

43 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Who cares what an "expert" or a "scientist" thinks .....

I just find it funny that even they can't agree on anything.  I remember when they said eggs were bad, and whole milk was bad for your health.  They're simply pushing a vegetable diet.  Human beings weren't designed to be vegetarians or vegans or whatever they call themselves.  The only time I've had issues is when I've ate too many jalapenos, and that wasn't until the next day or if I didn't wash my hands and had something in my eye and rubbed it without washing it off.   

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/1/2019 at 4:34 PM, DaveTV1 said:

https://www.aol.com/article/lifestyle/2019/10/01/controversial-study-on-red-and-processed-meat-is-a-disservice-to-the-public-experts-say/23824598/  

This report also states processed meat. Of course the "experts" want to say it's wrong, because it is not what they want to push on people.  This is why I say eat what you want to.  We only live may be 70-80 years on average.  To think a perfect diet will allow you to live to be 100 is insane.  The main thing is exercise is maintaining one's weight.  

When we were going to restaurants more, I can't tell you how many elderly people in their 70's and 80's (maybe, I'm guessing) would be in places like Denny's eating breakfast items like bacon, eggs, toast, and sausage.

It's like those news stories you see of the Centenarians. And they ask them about the "secret" to their long life, and they're like, "I eat a whole brisket, smoke a carton of cigarettes, and drink a fifth of whiskey every day!"

I'm exaggerating, of course, but you do see those folks who say something about how they smoke half a pack of cigarettes and drink two glasses of whiskey every day, or something like that.

9 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

When we were going to restaurants more, I can't tell you how many elderly people in their 70's and 80's (maybe, I'm guessing) would be in places like Denny's eating breakfast items like bacon, eggs, toast, and sausage.

It's like those news stories you see of the Centenarians. And they ask them about the "secret" to their long life, and they're like, "I eat a whole brisket, smoke a carton of cigarettes, and drink a fifth of whiskey every day!"

I'm exaggerating, of course, but you do see those folks who say something about how they smoke half a pack of cigarettes and drink two glasses of whiskey every day, or something like that.

Most of them do drink some alcohol.  I remember one old man would smoke 3 cigars everyday.  Who knows how much he smoked in his younger years.  I think it's all in our genes.  

• 2 years later...