Tua vs Trevor

WETSU

6 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

I don't doubt lefties can play qb. I mean look at Boomer Esiason, Matt Leinert, Vick, Ken Stabler.. I just wonder if there are certain scouts, coaches, GM's, whoever, who don't want a lefty qb. 

They talked about this on the radio the other day.  The offensive coaching has to be done backwards.  The RT becomes more important than the LT, the RG becomes more important than the LG... and with the way most things work, most of the best lineman were trained on the left side.  Reads are also backwards for OCs and QB coaches

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

They talked about this on the radio the other day.  The offensive coaching has to be done backwards.  The RT becomes more important than the LT, the RG becomes more important than the LG... and with the way most things work, most of the best lineman were trained on the left side.  Reads are also backwards for OCs and QB coaches

Which makes the Dolphins trading their young left tackle a little more sensible now.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Which makes the Dolphins trading their young left tackle a little more sensible now.

I have little doubt this a move to tank for Tua. This has been in the making every since they decided to part ways with Tannehill. I think they knew even then they planned on throwing this season for Tua next year. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I have little doubt this a move to tank for Tua. This has been in the making every since they decided to part ways with Tannehill. I think they knew even then they planned on throwing this season for Tua next year. 

3 first rounders and 2 seconds in 2020. Add 2 first rounders and 2 seconds in 2021. Miami has the collateral to revamp the team. Just how are you going to rebuild it? If you’re leaning Tua over Justin Herbert or Burrows from LSU then paying for a left tackle isn’t high priority. Wonder if Herbert deciding to come back for his Senior year could hurt him like Jake Locker a few years back? Two completely different players. I mean Locker was a 50% passer in college.

22 minutes ago, 88YoePride said:

Just want to see Jalen Hurts lead the Sooners against Tua and Alabama in January. 

Would be a great storyline for the commentators, but OU ain't there yet. Maybe after we get some defensive backs who are tall enough for the roller coaster. 

• LOL! 2

18 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Sad ...

It happens. Not like Channelview is a hotbed of football talent. Hell, I can remember when Pasadena wasn't either. I pay pretty close attention to recruiting, and I don't even remember hearing Hurts' name until he was winning in Tuscaloosa. 

What grinds my gears is, 'bama did sign the guy, he ends up winning the starting job and quarterbacking them to a national title, then they kick him to the bench in favor of Tua. Then he has to come in the fourth quarter of the SEC title game and save their season, and they kick him to the bench again. So now I just really want to see him get a shot at knocking the Tide out in January. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 88YoePride said:

From what I read, most major Texas programs didn't recruit him, the rest didn't really chase him. 

I remember him having a big interest in A&M but they accepted a commitment from Tate martell instead of going after hurts. Then ended up only signing starkel. Terrible decisions in that recruiting class...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I remember him having a big interest in A&M but they accepted a commitment from Tate martell instead of going after hurts. Then ended up only signing starkel. Terrible decisions in that draft class...

Yeah, when I finally looked into him, I read that he had wanted to play in Texas, but no Texas programs really wanted him. Hell, 'bama only took him to essentially fill a slot, never expected him to be as good as he is. 

5 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

The race is either Tua or Louisiana qb. The iron Bowl and Bama vs Lsu games probably decides the hesiman

At this point I think as long as he doesn’t completely fall apart, it’s going to be Burrow’s to lose. Tua missing a game with an injury is going to hurt him and Burrow just keeps lighting it up anyway. 

• Thanks 1