MavGrad's Week 6 Preview (2019)

Coach Rab

2 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

See to me that’s not targeting.  Stupid on his part healthwise, but how many times do u see a kicker trying to form tackle

He lead with the top of his helmet. 

Foster lead with his face mask. 

Neither was upheld but I thought Dicker was gone. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

He lead with the top of his helmet. 

Foster lead with his face mask. 

Neither was upheld but I thought Dicker was gone. 

Targeting was designed for forceable hits to the shoulder, neck and head area.  Dicker put his head in the chest area.  He can’t help the ball carrier ducked his head to contact.  

There’s a handful of programs to me that I just don’t understand.  It’s like they like being average, stuck in the old days, and are content having coaches who the game has passed by....and I mean passed way by.

iowa, Michigan State, Stanford, Michigan

these programs have coaches who were once really good at their job, but it seems their teams always lack athleticism and are always soooooo vanilla on offense.  

20 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

There’s a handful of programs to me that I just don’t understand.  It’s like they like being average, stuck in the old days, and are content having coaches who the game has passed by....and I mean passed way by.

iowa, Michigan State, Stanford, Michigan

these programs have coaches who were once really good at their job, but it seems their teams always lack athleticism and are always soooooo vanilla on offense.  

What you described is exactly why I have so much more respect for Ed O at LSU.  He ran the Les Miles/Saban offense his first 2 years... then he was like “we have too much talent going to waste.”  Hire Joe Brady, install new offense and we are talking about a Heisman candidate and a legit playoff contender...  harbaugh needs to take a huge step back and see what some of the top programs have done

43 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

What you described is exactly why I have so much more respect for Ed O at LSU.  He ran the Les Miles/Saban offense his first 2 years... then he was like “we have too much talent going to waste.”  Hire Joe Brady, install new offense and we are talking about a Heisman candidate and a legit playoff contender...  harbaugh needs to take a huge step back and see what some of the top programs have done

Kirk Ferentz, David Shaw, mark Dantonio, and Jim Harbaugh all have the same mindset and recruiting ideas.  Notice three are in the Big10.  That style of football works as long as you’re playing somebody that isn’t talented.  Ohio State trounced Michigan State and will do so to Michigan and Wisconsin. Those 4 offensive philosophies are boring and to me that’s why they can’t recruit top athletes.  Harbaugh is too much of a narcissistic egomaniac.  What he does is best in his mind.  At one point all 4 of these guys were considered some of the best in the profession.  It just shows you that coaches can get content in their job

I said 10 years ago a Mike Leach would kill it at LSU.  LSU has enough blue chips and defensive talent from Louisiana to have a good defense every year.  Leach’s Offense would’ve eaten up sec defenses with the talent LSU wasted the last decade.

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

Kirk Ferentz, David Shaw, mark Dantonio, and Jim Harbaugh all have the same mindset and recruiting ideas.  Notice three are in the Big10.  That style of football works as long as you’re playing somebody that isn’t talented.  Ohio State trounced Michigan State and will do so to Michigan and Wisconsin. Those 4 offensive philosophies are boring and to me that’s why they can’t recruit top athletes.  Harbaugh is too much of a narcissistic egomaniac.  What he does is best in his mind.  At one point all 4 of these guys were considered some of the best in the profession.  It just shows you that coaches can get content in their job

I said 10 years ago a Mike Leach would kill it at LSU.  LSU has enough blue chips and defensive talent from Louisiana to have a good defense every year.  Leach’s Offense would’ve eaten up sec defenses with the talent LSU wasted the last decade.

Agree, 100%.

Mad Hatter strikes again, fires his offensive coordinator: https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27786316/kansas-fires-offensive-coordinator-les-koenning-promotes-analyst-brent-dearmon

Not sure why, unless he'd been planning to do that all along. Certainly can't be because of the OU game. They moved the ball at will for the most part. 

jJhiU5t.gif