Elysian Fields vs Queen City   

42 members have voted

1. 1. Elysian Fields vs Queen City

• Bulldogs
    • Jackets

This poll is closed to new votes

26 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

Offense is the only thing thats working 

Y'all have the athletes for both offense and defense. Are the good ones playing both ways? Is the D getting tired and worn down quick? I know you've stressed that physicality is lacking on the team...mainly on the defensive side I'm guessing. 

Just now, ronnyham said:

You haven’t been paying enough attention to the QC offense week to week have you 

I've seen their scores, but that doesn't matter against our defense, we will give up alot of points to everybody, and QC may do the same. 

17 hours ago, TTman7 said:

Y'all have the athletes for both offense and defense. Are the good ones playing both ways? Is the D getting tired and worn down quick? I know you've stressed that physicality is lacking on the team...mainly on the defensive side I'm guessing. 

EF is soft on both sides of the ball, mainly defense, the offense has two outstanding playmakers in Wilkerson and Smith, Ford wants to finesse you to death on offense and just hoping they can't tackle on defense. 

1 minute ago, TDJ89 said:

EF is soft on both sides of the ball, mainly defense, the offense has two outstanding playmakers in Wilkerson and Smith, Ford wants to finesse you to death on offense and just hope they can't tackle on defense. 

That's a shame. Hate to hear that. 

3 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

How about when we line up and just grind it? Even if they stack the box, you don’t think they’ll stall us out?

NOPE. They can stake the line all they want to, if you can't man up and muscle someone head up, you'll get pushed back all night. 

11 hours ago, TTman7 said:

My opinion is they were getting worn down because of lack of depth. Now I am not disagreeing with what TDJ89 is saying about not being physical enough. I also think they can get tougher on defense as well. They have a few soft players on defense that are not interested in coming down and making contact. But they do have some that are physical, but the entire defense has to be physical and have that mentality and they have a few that just don't. If they can get those few to get that mentality, I think the defense improves a lot. I think they will improve some with added depth they are getting back this week. They have just had quite a few players out that would have helped on defense and depth. And 2 that are coming back are pretty tough and physical from what I have heard. So may start seeing some changes with that side of the ball.  I have also heard a couple of position swaps on defense that will make a difference with the toughness of the defense. 

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, TDJ89 said:

IMO the EF QB #8 Wilkerson is just as good as #5 Smith is on offense and is just as fast. 

The other running back for EF runs the ball extremely well also. I think he wears #7. He deserves some props too. The passing game has not been the same for EF this year as it was last year. They just haven't gotten that going yet. But the running game has been very good this year. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

The other running back for EF runs the ball extremely well also. I think he wears #7. He deserves some props too. The passing game has not been the same for EF this year as it was last year. They just haven't gotten that going yet. But the running game has been very good this year. 

I looked at Wilkersons passing stats, he already has more passing yards in the first five games than he had all of last yr

My bad that was his rushing stats lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TDJ89 said:

I looked at Wilkersons passing stats, he already has more passing yards in the first five games than he had all of last yr

My bad that was his rushing stats lol

Yeah, he has definitely run the ball better. The passing game as a whole has not been what EF has had in the past. 

2 hours ago, Joebob2 said:

I Always pick Elysian Fields to win. My son is the varsity quarterback. I will say that there is never a guarantee on how a game will go until that 4th quarter final buzzer sounds and the score is tallied

Your boy is a baller, he torched us

14 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

By unfortunate process of elimination due to injury, he is about to see more time at WR. Hate it for the other kid, but 4 is faster and a better athlete. The other kid had fantastic hands though. 

who is out? 

23 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

who is out? 

#3, Parker. Everyone on the EF/Daingerfield thread that was saying he was gonna be ok was right about him being ok, but he’s not playing again. He is a junior and his career is over. He was a good football player. Great hands. He didn’t drop any passes. He was the one they threw it up to at the goal line plays or where the defense jumped offsides. 

40 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

#3, Parker. Everyone on the EF/Daingerfield thread that was saying he was gonna be ok was right about him being ok, but he’s not playing again. He is a junior and his career is over. He was a good football player. Great hands. He didn’t drop any passes. He was the one they threw it up to at the goal line plays or where the defense jumped offsides. 

What happened to the kid?

14 minutes ago, ArkLaTexYeeYeeGod said:

What happened to the kid?

He suffered an injury in the first scrimmage. Neck/back injury. He took a shot in the Daingerfield game and was knocked out cold on the field. I think it reaggravated the neck/back injury. Was advised to hang it up. That’s just what I have heard as far as the injury goes. So that may not be 100% accurate.