Harleton 27 Timpson 7

Destry

1 minute ago, SAWolfman said:

Not me...one player made Timpson an ok team last year...didnt expect much this year.

You have a point. Ok, so I guess we’re learning a little more each week. They beat Big Sandy and West Sabine and played decent against Hemphill. I didn’t expect this lopsided of a score. 🤷‍♂️

7 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

You have a point. Ok, so I guess we’re learning a little more each week. They beat Big Sandy and West Sabine and played decent against Hemphill. I didn’t expect this lopsided of a score. 🤷‍♂️

Game not that close, score should of been 35-0

8 hours ago, Greezychef said:

Have to go back farther than that.   Harleton hasn't been relevant in 20 years.   

Someone told me from 03-06 they went 42 and 8.I guess that in the eyes of greatness like greezy that is not relevant. Shall we bow down everyone.

7 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

They did lose to LK last week though ... who just got blown out by Garrison .

The meat of the district is coming up though so we shall see

Harleton completely dominated this game. From start to finish really. Timpson moved the ball on one drive and got down to about the 25 and then fumbled on the handoff. That was when they were down 7-0 in the 1st. After that Harletons defense shut down timpson and every time timpson had a big play they were penalized which killed any momentum. Great display by Harleton last night. #3 for Harleton is a beast

58 minutes ago, yourteamstinks said:

They did lose to LK last week though ... who just got blown out by Garrison .

The meat of the district is coming up though so we shall see

District 11 has been interesting. A stronger Harleton team just adds to that dynamic. Now if Beckville would get back to the form of 2015..... 

42 minutes ago, LoboUp95 said:

Harleton completely dominated this game. From start to finish really. Timpson moved the ball on one drive and got down to about the 25 and then fumbled on the handoff. That was when they were down 7-0 in the 1st. After that Harletons defense shut down timpson and every time timpson had a big play they were penalized which killed any momentum. Great display by Harleton last night. #3 for Harleton is a beast

I know their folks must be really excited, especially after the last few years. Congratulations to Harleton!

1 hour ago, StingEmALTO said:

I know their folks must be really excited, especially after the last few years. Congratulations to Harleton!

From what I hear the whole attitude changed when the spread was chunked. Back to old fashioned football. Also 1 other minor detail was added, DISCIPLINE.

10 minutes ago, Destry said:

From what I hear the whole attitude changed when the spread was chunked. Back to old fashioned football. Also 1 other minor detail was added, DISCIPLINE.

That surprises me....the discipline part. But definitely key to any successful team.  Sometimes a fresh start is what you need to jump start things again. 

6 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

That surprises me....the discipline part. But definitely key to any successful team.  Sometimes a fresh start is what you need to jump start things again. 

You are so right, high school kids lose the discipline aspect faster than any other age.  Fresh start for the team and previous hc. Sometimes it is just not a good fit.