LE/La Vega game called early???

blesseddaily

La Vega started it..  They body slammed LE's player when they scored. The LE player got up and pushed back and the others got involved.. No EXCUSE for fighting though.. Just going on the videos. I heard the refs had NO control and the game was chippy from the beginning. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Back to back moral victories for the puppet-led Twitter Ticklers from Bowie County. Last week we led a state ranked team DURING THE GAME!!!  (Victory). This week we hold a state ranked team WAY under fifty!  (Victory). 

Howdy Doodey continues to develop nothing but class. Those were the most polite and character filled helmet tosses I’ve ever seen!  I wonder if the super has come down out of the pressbox yet. Someone should tell him the mean, bad guys have probably loaded up the bus and headed back toward I-35. 

#HalfAHundredOnD

#Defense:ItStartsHere

• Like 1
  • Stinks 2

13 minutes ago, JeffWrong said:

Back to back moral victories for the puppet-led Twitter Ticklers from Bowie County. Last week we led a state ranked team DURING THE GAME!!!  (Victory). This week we hold a state ranked team WAY under fifty!  (Victory). 

Howdy Doodey continues to develop nothing but class. Those were the most polite and character filled helmet tosses I’ve ever seen!  I wonder if the super has come down out of the pressbox yet. Someone should tell him the mean, bad guys have probably loaded up the bus and headed back toward I-35. 

#HalfAHundredOnD

What are you talking about & What's your point? I'm new in the group and can already tell your a Troll/Hater lol.. 

2 hours ago, TEXAShorn21 said:

La Vega started it..  They body slammed LE's player when they scored. The LE player got up and pushed back and the others got involved.. No EXCUSE for fighting though.. Just going on the videos. I heard the refs had NO control and the game was chippy from the beginning. 

LE had 3 personal fouls in the game LV had 0 LE  started getting chippy after the score was 14-0. LV had 8 players that had to come off the field because their helmet magically fell off.  The coaches for LE had zero control of their team.  Why would LV start the fight they were already having their way with LE and the starters for LV were on the side lines during the play, that just doesn't make any sense for LV to start the fight. I'm sure it being LE homecoming didnt help either.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JeffWrong said:

#HalfAHundredOnD

#Defense:ItStartsHere

So what was your take one how the fight might of got started? By the way I think some of you sarcasm dropped on my shoe when I read your post.  Lol.  

2 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

What would happen in a scenario like this if it were a district game?  Would the ruling be different?  What are the consequences of such an action?

I guess a double forfeit is considered a loss in the official record.......that would have been devastating for a team like LV.  Well......not devastating, but not good in the overall standings in the district.

Got to keep your composer especially when you are getting beat badly. Looks bad both ways. This is probably a game that shouldn't been scheduled to begin with. Stacking your slate can hurt the morale of the team if you aren't a State Championship contender. I get one juggernaut but there are plenty of quality teams to choose from in East Texas. 

18 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Got to keep your composer especially when you are getting beat badly. Looks bad both ways. This is probably a game that shouldn't been scheduled to begin with. Stacking your slate can hurt the morale of the team if you aren't a State Championship contender. I get one juggernaut but there are plenty of quality teams to choose from in East Texas. 

I totally agree.......and it's not fair to the players or the fans of the team either.  it's called frustration.......and would not have happened at all if the players were not submitted to such a brutal schedule in the first place.

There have been players suspended for a year when caught on film throwing punches and/or helmets. Suspensions seem more likely for those players coming off the bench/sideline.  Bet there will be some nervous people when the video gets reviewed in Austin. 

15 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

There have been players suspended for a year when caught on film throwing punches and/or helmets. Suspensions seem more likely for those players coming off the bench/sideline.  Bet there will be some nervous people when the video gets reviewed in Austin. 

So if a player gets ejected for throwing punches it goes to Austin to decide the players outcome?  

10 hours ago, coachkells said:

LE had 3 personal fouls in the game LV had 0 LE  started getting chippy after the score was 14-0. LV had 8 players that had to come off the field because their helmet magically fell off.  The coaches for LE had zero control of their team.  Why would LV start the fight they were already having their way with LE and the starters for LV were on the side lines during the play, that just doesn't make any sense for LV to start the fight. I'm sure it being LE homecoming didnt help either.  

I'm not surprised honesty. They had 3 PF late hits, and a couple of other nasty PFs when they played Atlanta. Really surprised that game didn't result in any blows thrown. I guess when they started coming back, they didn't feel the need to be that way anymore. So in a nutshell, they're very sore losers lol. 

There's a certain SH fan though that will probably pin this game on Atlanta too though 🙄

23 minutes ago, StangtilDeath said:

So if a player gets ejected for throwing punches it goes to Austin to decide the players outcome?  

Ususally doesn't come down to that and they police their own. The school has to press the issue. Truth is don't put yourself in that postion. Austin folks would most likely punish the team if said players weren't punished. I am guessing that is how it works. 

1 hour ago, Champ1000 said:

I don't know the circumstances that led to the scheduling of this particular game, but I'm betting it wasn't an ideal matchup on either end due to the the travel distance between the two schools.  Teams from odd-numbered districts who are traditionally tough opponents are often left scrambling to fill their non-district schedules.  Traditionally weak opponents don't have that problem.

13 minutes ago, Parisian said:

I don't know the circumstances that led to the scheduling of this particular game, but I'm betting it wasn't an ideal matchup on either end due to the the travel distance between the two schools.  Teams from odd-numbered districts who are traditionally tough opponents are often left scrambling to fill their non-district schedules.  Traditionally weak opponents don't have that problem.

Good point didn't know the district layout.

13 hours ago, coachkells said:

LE had 3 personal fouls in the game LV had 0 LE  started getting chippy after the score was 14-0. LV had 8 players that had to come off the field because their helmet magically fell off.  The coaches for LE had zero control of their team.  Why would LV start the fight they were already having their way with LE and the starters for LV were on the side lines during the play, that just doesn't make any sense for LV to start the fight. I'm sure it being LE homecoming didnt help

Neither team is innocent..  But I will say this.. LE been losing all year.  Them being down had nothing to do with the brawl. It's the body slam after the LE TD/ stomping on their player. He had to have medical attention...  Prayers to him.. La Vega did some chipy things too (penalties don't always show you) & La Vega's coach has no control over his team either.. I will agree with you on control over their team.  They both need to work on that.