LE/La Vega game called early???

blesseddaily

L-E destroyed the Death Star when they lost in the State Championship game a few years ago. The Dallas Cowboys told them they could never play there again unless it’s a State Championship game. They tore up the whole dressing room. I don’t know if anyone remembers that.

45 minutes ago, randomuser said:

L-E destroyed the Death Star when they lost in the State Championship game a few years ago. The Dallas Cowboys told them they could never play there again unless it’s a State Championship game. They tore up the whole dressing room. I don’t know if anyone remembers that.

L-E has never lost a state championship game. They've been in two and won both.

7 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

Got to keep your composer especially when you are getting beat badly. Looks bad both ways. This is probably a game that shouldn't been scheduled to begin with. Stacking your slate can hurt the morale of the team if you aren't a State Championship contender. I get one juggernaut but there are plenty of quality teams to choose from in East Texas. 

5 hours ago, Parisian said:

I don't know the circumstances that led to the scheduling of this particular game, but I'm betting it wasn't an ideal matchup on either end due to the the travel distance between the two schools.  Teams from odd-numbered districts who are traditionally tough opponents are often left scrambling to fill their non-district schedules.  Traditionally weak opponents don't have that problem.

I saw this in the Waco Trib regarding why these two schools, that are so far apart, played.

https://www.wacotrib.com/sports/high_schools/high-school-notebook-for-la-vega-mart-success-means-hitting/article_db83330c-855f-5c03-b8a4-95e6ebb2e753.html

The amount of incorrect information about both last night’s situation and liberty Eylau in general in this thread is unreal. Guys please remember that these are kids. Mistakes will be made. 
These are 2 great football programs. One is close to being on top right now and the other is struggling. It happens. It’s a cycle. 

sometimes everyone on here needs to take a step back and remember that high school sports are about the kids. 

in regards to the Atlanta game hellrazor, there was nothing dirty in that game man... go watch the game film. There were some very questionable calls. 

LE is playing a ton of sophomores right now. We are in a rebuilding year... we knew that a rebuilding year plus this insanely tough schedule wasn’t a great combination.. but we’ll get through it. 

watch out for the leopards the next few years though... there are some good classes coming. 

this is all I will say on this topic. #KALE

• Like 2

4 hours ago, eagle34 said:

I would think the players that are seen on video fighting will be suspended for the next game. If half the team left the sideline to fight, I'm sure LE would have to forfeit the next game. I'm assuming the same for any LV players. 

After seeing the vid all players on both sides left the bench.   So now what, suspend the next game for both?    Don’t think so!

4 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

L-E has never lost a state championship game. They've been in two and won both.

Ok, must have been a late round playoff game they lost. I know it happened because I know a coach that was on the L-E staff. I was at the game too and L-E showed their ### the whole game. 

7 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

After seeing the vid all players on both sides left the bench.   So now what, suspend the next game for both?    Don’t think so!

All the players on the two benches didn't go on the field. You obviously didn't see the whole field. Players from both schools stayed on the sideline.

There is ZERO percent chance the three headed coaching monster of T, W & F will suspend any players with their only winnable game coming up.  I guess they could suspend them for the game against BYE next week.  

With PG coming off a loss, Super Wright will be depressed all week.  The bye week comes at a good time.  The cooler temps this week will find Fry and his Smediums in a much happier place while Thompson is still probably hiding in the pressbox from Friday night’s Donnybrook. 

Current line......Twitter has the Leopards as a 2.5 point favorite against BYE this week.  The O/U is 137 as the Leopards struggle to stop the vaunted passing game of BYE.  

The good news....... you can’t get suspended for throwing your helmet at your own teammate  

The Swami says LE 82. BYE 81. 

• Stinks 2

13 minutes ago, JeffWrong said:

There is ZERO percent chance the three headed coaching monster of T, W & F will suspend any players with their only winnable game coming up.  I guess they could suspend them for the game against BYE next week.  

With PG coming off a loss, Super Wright will be depressed all week.  The bye week comes at a good time.  The cooler temps this week will find Fry and his Smediums in a much happier place while Thompson is still probably hiding in the pressbox from Friday night’s Donnybrook. 

Current line......Twitter has the Leopards as a 2.5 point favorite against BYE this week.  The O/U is 137 as the Leopards struggle to stop the vaunted passing game of BYE.  

The good news....... you can’t get suspended for throwing your helmet at your own teammate  

Eventually, you just have to let go and move on. It is obvious your guy did not get the job. I do not know Coach King, but what I read is he has a vision of the type of program he wants for the Leopards. With the current events that have transpired, he and the administration need all of the support that they can get. Being an antagonist is going to do nothing but bring the program down further.

• Like 2

At church I asked a L. E. lineman what happened and he said that running back Damien Henderson scored and was body slammed by a Waco player.  I have seen two other Leopard games this season and they are not a dirty team or one that the coaches are always trying to reign in.  The HC expects more than that out of his team.  I cannot speak for La Vega.  unfortunately, football is a physical and emotional game and the possibility always exists something intentional or unintentional could possibly happen. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JeffWrong said:

sThere is ZERO percent chance the three headed coaching monster of T, W & F will suspend any players with their only winnable game coming up.  I guess they could suspend them for the game against BYE next week.  

You need to be kicked off this site for your ridiculous critical comments of L-E's Superindentent and coaches. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, swaha said:

Eventually, you just have to let go and move on. It is obvious your guy did not get the job. I do not know Coach King, but what I read is he has a vision of the type of program he wants for the Leopards. With the current events that have transpired, he and the administration need all of the support that they can get. Being an antagonist is going to do nothing but bring the program down further.

Take his advice JeffWrong! I'm new to the group & can tell your VERY bitter. Now it makes since. I couldn't figure out why he was talking so bad about a first year coach & their administration.

On 10/5/2019 at 4:21 PM, randomuser said:

Yep and let’s not forget last years Carthage game. This is becoming a pattern with LE. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Sounds like both schools will be severely punished at least for their next game. The UIL rules clearly state that any player who is ejected for fighting is at least suspended for the next game. So.... when the officials eject everyone on both teams...? I guess they can play the JV in the next varsity game. But it sounds like both teams will have to forfeit their next game. 

11 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

You need to be kicked off this site for your ridiculous critical comments of L-E's Superindentent and coaches. 

Hey I dont even know this guy but it is a free country! If you dont like what he is saying dont respond!! You have said some crazy things on here too so let it go. I dont agree with him about Wright because I know him well a very good guy!  Just sit back and let him keep on rambling.

The KGAS full game video on YouTube got some of the fight last year between LE and Carthage.  Go to the 2 hour 42 minute mark.  The issue was a late hit out of bounds on and end around that carried onto the track on LE side.  Carthage player tried to push off the late tackle and sparks flew.  Camera operator got caught up watching fight and missed the first part but you can see enough to get a visual.  Off setting unsportsmanlike penalties and no ejections.  Also no ejections for fans that left stands and came into the field.  LE #5 and #26 were later identified as the two primary instigators with #4 from Carthage who ran the ball on the play.  #5 was on the field as a corner and #26 was in street clothes on the bench.  Not sure if those guys from 2018 are the two current LE players wearing those jerseys or not.

I heard King suspended almost all of Varsity for 1 game.. Only 5 or 6 will be able to play for the next game after BYE. This is his doing not UIL..Hard lesson to learn, but they have to learn not to retaliate  & have self composure regardless if they didn't start it. They can't live life like that.  La Vega 's Coach should do the same.  But I heard he's not going to do anything.. 

• Like 1