LE/La Vega game called early???

blesseddaily

3 minutes ago, TEXAShorn21 said:

I heard King suspended almost all of Varsity for 1 game.. Only 5 or 6 will be able to play for the next game after BYE. This is his doing not UIL..Hard lesson to learn, but they have to learn not to retaliate  & have self composure regardless if they didn't start it. They can't live life like that.  La Vega 's Coach should do the same.  But I heard he's not going to do anything.. 

The Gazzete article says that La Vega will have similar consequences, but who knows

• Like 1

Any player that left the bench and showed aggression, i.e. threw a punch, or a helmet, should be out for more than one game.  I don't know what's the most appropriate penalty, but only one game seems super light.  That's a very minor slap on the wrist for something that would be considered assault out on the street.  I can see a kid already on the field doing something in the heat of the moment with little to no time to think about what they're doing, but a kid on the sideline has a few moments to make that conscious decision to leave the bench area, enter the field of play, and make their way to the brawl.    

7 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

The Gazzete article says that La Vega will have similar consequences, but who knows

You are wrong on several accounts. Only the players fighting are suspended for a game. LaVega is doing the same with its players. L-E will have to bring up some jayvee and freshmen to fill roster for Spring Hill game. Hope everyone learned a lesson.

6 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

You are wrong on several accounts. Only the players fighting are suspended for a game. LaVega is doing the same with its players. L-E will have to bring up some jayvee and freshmen to fill roster for Spring Hill game. Hope everyone learned a lesson.

I am wrong? Lol. All I said was here is the article. 

4 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

Looks like the east texas matters article someone posted says the same thing basically as the gazette. So I would assume that's correct 

Relax Dillon,, I was really being sarcastic. Tough to tell on social media. You know like maybe it was a conspiracy.. I didn't see you post anything you could have been wrong about. My guess is a miss quote.

52 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

Relax Dillon,, I was really being sarcastic. Tough to tell on social media. You know like maybe it was a conspiracy.. I didn't see you post anything you could have been wrong about. My guess is a miss quote.

No worries. Was thinking that maybe he knew something we didnt about the newspaper article.

I'm getting some first hand accounts on this situation. While I certainly believe there was conduct by some of the leopards that warrants punishment, I think I understand the initial response from one of the Leopard players to protect his teammate. I did not know if the reports were true about a LV player stomping one of the LE players but one of the law enforcement officials that worked the game confirmed that an LE player was being stomped while he was on the ground. This prompted the response from the Leopards. It went to chaos afterward. If there was an official who witnessed the LV player stomping the LE player then that LV player should be gone for the year.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

I'm getting some first hand accounts on this situation. While I certainly believe there was conduct by some of the leopards that warrants punishment, I think I understand the initial response from one of the Leopard players to protect his teammate. I did not know if the reports were true about a LV player stomping one of the LE players but one of the law enforcement officials that worked the game confirmed that an LE player was being stomped while he was on the ground. This prompted the response from the Leopards. It went to chaos afterward. If there was an official who witnessed the LV player stomping the LE player then that LV player should be gone for the year.  

Similar to what I have heard. Crazy situation.  I hope the law enforcement offical spoke up. 

3 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

Gone for the year for kicking a player ? Man you are harsh. I can see a one game suspension for kicking or punching or fighting but not a whole season..

• Stinks 2

5 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

Then charges should be filled. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

Like I said, a L. E. lineman at my church told me that a LV player body slammed running back Damien Henderson after Henderson scored a touchdown and a L. E. player, a lineman came to Henderson's defense. Things escalated from there.  It will be interesting to see what LV will do.  They probably can't beat Stephenville without being at full strength.

On 10/5/2019 at 12:23 PM, Parisian said:

I don't know the circumstances that led to the scheduling of this particular game, but I'm betting it wasn't an ideal matchup on either end due to the the travel distance between the two schools.  Teams from odd-numbered districts who are traditionally tough opponents are often left scrambling to fill their non-district schedules.  Traditionally weak opponents don't have that problem.

Your right, but common sense says you still don’t schedule a Texarkana to Waco home and home series 

7 hours ago, eagle34 said:

Gone for the year for kicking a player ? Man you are harsh. I can see a one game suspension for kicking or punching or fighting but not a whole season..

It was not one kid, it was five kids kicking and stomping one L-E player. I was there and witnessed the incident, too.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, eagle34 said:

Let me clarify what he meant by stomp. He was on the ground and a player jumped high into the air and came down on his back with both feet and all of his body weight. It wasn’t no ndamaka Sue type stomp it was WWF without the acting.