21. Whitney - OFF

22. Pilot Point - W 45-24 over Whitesboro

23 Cameron Yoe - W 44-7 over Katy St. John 

24. Brock - W 67-7 over Bowie 

T25. West Rusk - L 22-19 to Gladewater 

T25. Boyd - OFF

Others

Jourdanton - W 55-7 over Karnes City 

Orangefield - Up 47-21 over Kirbyville (4th quarter) 

Crockett - L 43-10 to Diboll

Sabine - W 52-41 over Tatum

Lago Vista - W 41-20 over Little River Academy 

Hallettsville - OFF

Columbus - OFF

Dallas Madison - OFF 

Industrial - OFF

Winnsboro - W 37-20 over White Oak 

Guest Tiger03lb

Seen Diboll/crockett game last night. Diboll has the pieces to make a deep playoff run. They don't have a lot of 2 way players. I do think if you were able to shut down #20 and their run game and force them to passing situations, it could hurt them. 

Guest Tiger03lb
45 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Diboll @ Franklin week 10 should be a good one

I got it marked. Lol. Don't know if I want to see us beat Kemp this year or go to that game. A lot of good games the rest of the season. 

2 hours ago, wtxfootball said:

I think wall has a chance to lose this week. Why so low on bushland compared to dave campbell? 

Bushland has moved up slightly week by week.  Their closest game was with Childress, which is 0-4.  The remaining schedule is also very weak.  Bushland can continue to rise, but I just have not seen enough at this point to make a dramatic move.  They may very well deserve being top 10 and can prove that in the playoffs.  

I believe DCTF had more stock in them in the preseason.  

• Thanks 1

Rockdale Tigers are ranked too high at #4.  The five games they have played their opponents record is 4 - 22.   2 of those wins belong to Caldwell who played them close and should have beat the Tigers if weren't for some suspicious penalties.  The other four teams the Tigers played  a good junior varsity team would have won.   

Guest Tiger03lb
11 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

I have talked to some diboll fans and they act like we shouldn't show up lol

Lol. How is y'alls run d this year?

1 hour ago, lionpride08 said:

Lol...come on now! You’ll always have some fans that can’t handle success but the majority of Diboll’s fans are humble and respectful. Franklin has a great program with a better playoff pedigree than Diboll (Coldspring too) ,so I can assure you the coaching staff and players know how big of a challenge it will be to go into Franklin and leave with a W. I seriously doubt Coach Morrison lets this team get arrogant and buy into the ranking hype. 

1 hour ago, lionpride08 said:

I have some friends in Crockett that said this Diboll team is the real deal.  If they stay healthy they are going to a tough out.  You better have a solid run defense when you show up to play.  

Guest Tiger03lb
16 minutes ago, yoenation79 said:

I have some friends in Crockett that said this Diboll team is the real deal.  If they stay healthy they are going to a tough out.  You better have a solid run defense when you show up to play.  

They got a good team but they are gonna have to step it up with some passing if they want a deep run in the playoffs. If they make it pass a district 10 team in the second round they'll see GV in regionals. Defense is being over shadowed by their offensive run. They don't have a lot of two way players either. Hopefully they done have a sloppy game again with turnovers. 

5 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

They got a good team but they are gonna have to step it up with some passing if they want a deep run in the playoffs. If they make it pass a district 10 team in the second round they'll see GV in regionals. Defense is being over shadowed by their offensive run. They don't have a lot of two way players either. Hopefully they done have a sloppy game again with turnovers. 

I think they will get the opportunity to work out the misses in the passing  game over the next few weeks leading up to the Franklin game. Yeah I think the defense is the real reason Diboll is playing so well. Diboll had a terrible first half on offense with turnovers but the D held up only giving up 10 against Crockett. 

13 minutes ago, Woodshed said:

I think they will get the opportunity to work out the misses in the passing  game over the next few weeks leading up to the Franklin game. Yeah I think the defense is the real reason Diboll is playing so well. Diboll had a terrible first half on offense with turnovers but the D held up only giving up 10 against Crockett. 

Diboll has had some solid teams over the years, and been watching for 20+ years.  I believe this is probably the best defense to come through in that time span.  About the pass, I hope you’re right that the passing game is more polished a bit when the real tests come their way.  It seems like Maskunas put in a lot of offseason work.  I’m confident he’ll get more comfortable back there.  He’s got the receivers to really get the passing game going.  But ive come to know Coach Morrison is going to keep it old school with the run.  

• Like 1