Week 7 - Hughes Springs @ Atlanta - 10/11

H3llR4z0r

Hughes Springs @ Atlanta - 10/11 - 7:30  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who notches another district victory?

• Hughes Springs Mustangs
    • Atlanta Rabbits

This poll is closed to new votes

Hard to say. Atlanta on paper should win.  If HS can control the tempo of the game it can become scary for the Rabbits. HS has a pretty good D, speed kills.  I pick Atlanta but if HS plays to their potential it could be close.  Turnovers. Could hurt either. I don’t consider a Mustang victory a big upset.  

Atlanta's front 7 are still very underrated. The talk was NB was going to run on us, and make it a close game. They bend a bit at times, but overall, when our front 7 is healthy, they're legit. This could be the makings of a really good game. Offensively, we have some real home run hitters. This should be a very interesting game. 

This will be the toughest test to date for these Mustangs. HS ended the game last night with 3 starters that play both ways on the bench. 1 with a knee injury, 1 from cramping and the other got injured against MV and it sounds like he may be out another week or so. I think the Stangs will show up anyway and see what happens.

31 minutes ago, TheHaireBeatTheTortoise said:

I think Atlanta will match up well against HS. Our front 7 was in the backfield all night last night. We have the depth to tire them out. ATL by 14+

They will be lonely in our backfield.......

• LOL! 1

If there's any comparison to be had - here's an interesting statistic:

New Boston rushing yards against both teams - 
Jefferson - 350
Atlanta - 99

Atlanta got a very much needed part of their defense back last week, and he showed out. He hasn't played since Gladewater if I remember correctly. This should be a very interesting, especially the matchup between Atlanta's front 7 and HS' running game. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HS1988 said:

Not the one with the ball.....he will be 3-5yds down field smacking your lbrs by then......

We tackle everyone who can possibly have the ball. Our LB will be the ones smacking lol yalls big boi can’t do it by himself we will wear y’all down. Switching Dline in and out until y’all are out of gas. Should be a great game!

49 minutes ago, TheHaireBeatTheTortoise said:

We tackle everyone who can possibly have the ball. Our LB will be the ones smacking lol yalls big boi can’t do it by himself we will wear y’all down. Switching Dline in and out until y’all are out of gas. Should be a great game!

LOL.....duly noted. Will you be back for a recap late friday or early Saturday? He wasn't the only 100yd+ rusher last night. He doesn't have to do it all. 

1 hour ago, TheHaireBeatTheTortoise said:

How’s yalls passing game?

Not bad. Especially when the defense has 9 in the box trying to prevent 3rd and 1s.......over.......and over.........and over.........ALL night. We are usually wide open and complete the 2 or 3 passes we throw. I think they throw just to wake up the crowd. 😁

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TheHaireBeatTheTortoise said:

Jefferson had plenty depth on the side line last night, probably 35+, we see how that worked out for them

3 minutes ago, StangtilDeath said:

Jefferson had plenty depth on the side line last night, probably 35+, we see how that worked out for them

Were not Jefferson and our weakness on defense is not the run. We was even stopping PGs running game for a little while. If HS weakness is the deep ball be ready. Our WRs are very fast. I no HS is a good team don’t get me wrong I just feel like we match up better then Jefferson by a good bit. Jmo though could be completely wrong and y’all run it down our throats.