• Marshall in a blowout

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

MP has ZERO quit in them.

Several times they could have folded. It looked like the Mavs expected it. 

Never happened. 

Marshall should've put them away but game management was terrible.  I.E.  The pick 6 by Mt. Pleasant should not have happened, no reason for Marshall to be throwing at that point, game was decided.... Run the ball!!!!!! Eat the clock and get out of there....."You throw to score, but RUN to win"....      

I agree.  
The pick 6 didn’t bother me. 
Back up QB..... late in the game. 

The coaches did an outstanding job making Offensive adjustments at halftime.  A completely different offensive team came out at the half. 

The game should have basically been put away in the first half when we got down to the MP 2 yardline.  But the bad snap killed that drive. Otherwise it would have been 21-0.  

The fumble late in the 2Q also killed another drive. We easily should have had 28 points at the half. But sloppy play had it at 14-7. 

i honestly think the Mavs thought MP was going to be easy to beat. We aren’t good enough right now to be thinking they can waltz to a win. MP played with a ton of pride and they never quit.

The defense had an outstanding night on the deep side of the field.  Kept MP out 4 times.  But man alive we have up a lot of yards in the middle of the field. Particularly through the air.

Lots of penalties. Too many offsides. Too many false starts. 

Kick return team had somw big mistakes. Particularly on the onside kick. 

We have no FG kicking game.

PATs have been an adventure for two seasons now.  Or is it three?  I forget. 

There is NO DOUBT we’re improving. But we still have work to do.

Winning at the Tomato Bowl is never Easy.  Beating Nac won’t be easy. Gotta be ready.  Whitehouse is never an easy place to win.  And PTs offense looks like a beast.  

We have a lot of work to get done.  But seeing progress.... in spite of a shaky performance at times last night.. is good to see. 

Let’s go Mavs! 

Good luck to MP the rest of the way