BIGTEX1972

Spring Hill vs Gilmer  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Panthers
    • Buckeyes

This poll is closed to new votes

On 10/5/2019 at 10:57 AM, SHillBuckeye said:

This will be the best defense and overall team SH has faced this year, until we play PG. Silsbee was just awful defending the pass, especially against #1 (Rockwell). A lot of yardage came with pass interference calls. We couldn’t run much against them, but didn’t have to. We couldn’t stop their run game either. Confidence builder, but it’s about to get real!

Will not be able to run against gilmer. Not saying sh ain’t good but gilmer is ready and getting better. 

6 minutes ago, Buckeyelove said:

Will not be able to run against gilmer. Not saying sh ain’t good but gilmer is ready and getting better. 

We do seem to be improving and also gaining confidence. Got to stop the stupid and sometimes silly penalties. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buckeyelove said:

I agree with this, I don't believe the Panthers will be able to do much on the ground; however, I do think, if given time, Gage can make some plays through the air. I just don't know if he will have enough time to find his receivers, he may be running for his life at some point. Hoping both teams come out with no injuries, and the weather cooperates! 

Seems like we are plagued with penalties year after year. We would be a lot better if we weren't playing against ourself and the opponent lol. Too many penalties that keep the drives a live for the other teams. Especially on 3rd and long or 4th down when we already have them stopped. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BIGTEX1972 said:

I do think Spring Hill has a good quarterback and receivers but can their o line protect against Gilmer’s  d line?

It will be tough to contend with Gilmer’s defense. But I’m counting on the panthers to put up everything they have. The bucs are a talented team but so is SH. Gilmer probably has more depth and size and that will be a big factor. 

And penalties seem to be an issue for both teams. 

Good luck to both teams and hoping for a clean played game and fair officiating. 

• Like 1

We played without 5 starters last week. I have no idea how many will return this week. I know 1 won’t return for the rest of the year. The officials ask our coach if he would be opposed to a run the clock game   Don’t know what coach Louvier told him because he would not repeat it. That says that no one believes in the Panthers but the panthers and their fans.. so they just have to go out and give it what they have and prove themselves.. always the underdog but they got some bite in them ..

• Like 1

Personally, I just want to see actual improvement this week.  We have been killing ourselves with penalties and poor execution.  You'd think that by Week 7 we would have most of that cleaned up, but it hasn't happened yet.  This team has so much potential to make a real deep run, and how deep depends on cleaning that up.  If we can avoid penalties, turnovers, and actually EXECUTE offensively, we will be a tough team to beat..., even by Pleasant Grove. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Hey it’s not gonna happen especially on offense. We are content with having a QB that has more completions to the cheerleaders than the WRs. I have never seen a team get 8 yards on 1st down running the ball just to throw two incompletions, it’s definitely showing that out OC has never really called plays until these last couple of yrs.

I won't add anything to this except to say, as a diehard Buckeye fan, I definitely share your frustrations.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

I won't add anything to this except to say, as a diehard Buckeye fan, I definitely share your frustrations.

Yes I love our boys but it’s hard to watch at times. Our defense consistently puts us in great field position just to stay going 3 and out