Carthage @ Van

HearEmaGrowlin

8 hours ago, trashyhound said:

They would've been trouble with their starting qb.  That kid is good. He was moved up due to injuries.

What’s the story with the DE #8?  Why is he not on varsity?  As for last night if your coach would have just stuck with the run game Van would have likely won.  We didn’t have much of an answer for the Van OL.

Just now, DawgNation2015 said:

They were good.  No two way players on the OL or DL and very fundamentally sound.

Interesting. I am not bold enough to call an upset tonight but if one did it, Van looks like the most likely candidate out of all the others in District.

8 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Interesting. I am not bold enough to call an upset tonight but if one did it, Van looks like the most likely candidate out of all the others in District.

Not tonight.  My upset pick would be Henderson.  Medford makes the offense tick.  Without him they are vanilla.

2 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

What’s the story with the DE #8?  Why is he not on varsity?  As for last night if your coach would have just stuck with the run game Van would have likely won.  We didn’t have much of an answer for the Van OL.

Is this the DE that plays running back also?

8 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

They were good.  No two way players on the OL or DL and very fundamentally sound.

Van is blessed in the coaching department.  I'll put Vans staff up against anyone in the state, and that includes Carthage.  The difference in results is the horses that Carthage puts on the field.  When you look close at the kids Van plays they shouldn't compete with most schools in this district.  That said, no matter who plays them boys from Van will always play hard and are really well coached. 

BTW, watching the video of Carthage O line vs PG d line is just stupid!  Where do y'all get these dudes.  Looked like two college lines going at it. 

• LOL! 1

37 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

Van is blessed in the coaching department.  I'll put Vans staff up against anyone in the state, and that includes Carthage.  The difference in results is the horses that Carthage puts on the field.  When you look close at the kids Van plays they shouldn't compete with most schools in this district.  That said, no matter who plays them boys from Van will always play hard and are really well coached. 

BTW, watching the video of Carthage O line vs PG d line is just stupid!  Where do y'all get these dudes.  Looked like two college lines going at it. 

You done lost your mind??!! 

39 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

Yeah, both of those lines are unbelievable for high school football, any classification.

13 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

You done lost your mind??!! 

Lol, I know, I know. But when you're watching tonight ask yourself what would happen if coaching staffs traded sidelines? I think there result would be close to the same.  So, in the spirit of fairness I think you Dawgs should donate a few of your lesser players to us to use the rest of the season.  We'll take #77, #10, #7 for a start.

• LOL! 1

30 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

Lol, I know, I know. But when you're watching tonight ask yourself what would happen if coaching staffs traded sidelines? I think there result would be close to the same.  So, in the spirit of fairness I think you Dawgs should donate a few of your lesser players to us to use the rest of the season.  We'll take #77, #10, #7 for a start.

I hear what you are saying.  I agree the Van coaching staff gets every ounce of talent out of the kids they have in the system.  But you will have to develop your own #77, #10 & #7!

37 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

You also can look at Carthage’s defense(with the same 11, they use both a 4 man line and a 3 man line) and see 4 lineman that average about 205 lbs, 3 linebackers who average about 185 lbs, and 4 defensive backs who average about 165 lbs and say “Van should be able to run down their throats”. 

48 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

Haha! Now now, we need those guys!

27 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

You also can look at Carthage’s defense(with the same 11, they use both a 4 man line and a 3 man line) and see 4 lineman that average about 205 lbs, 3 linebackers who average about 185 lbs, and 4 defensive backs who average about 165 lbs and say “Van should be able to run down their throats”. 

I agree completely.  Our defenses may be the same size, except we don't have 4 healthy dbs left in the program at this point. Lol But when you see Van's oline you'll understand why we don't run it down anyone's throat. Good kids that play well just not the biggest boys around.  

That's what I like most about teams with well coached defenses like y'all's and Van's. May not be much to look at, but man they can play.

1 hour ago, cotton84 said:

I'm not sure about that 205 lbs. Business.  Them boys look bigger than that.