Nacogdoches Vs Whitehouse

nacdragon07

Well just as we thought Nac would take one step forward they get knocked back three steps. We played horrible against Lindale now we face a good whitehouse team. This is the game Nac let slip from them a year ago at dragon stadium. We definitely need a win to put us in good position for a postseason birth, a loss puts doesn’t eliminate us but it will make the playoff birth a little bit harder to secure. 

If Nac loses this game.... making the playoffs is going to be TOUGH.

They would be (1-2).... and have PT and Marshall next on the docket. 

If they split PT/Marshall... the best they could hope for would be (4-3).  Which is likely  good enough to get in.  BUT if If they lose to BOTH Marshall AND Pine Tree.... (3-4) could be.  That's likely a no on the playoffs (barring some strange things happening at the end of the season).

Which would be harder for Nac?  Beating a big time passing game from PT at Dragon Stadium, or beating Marshall on the road? 

Beat WH... and they are still in the middle of the playoff chatter.  But a loss.... and things are going to get real tight in Dragon Land for the final weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/6/2019 at 11:29 AM, Mavchamp said:

If Nac loses this game.... making the playoffs is going to be TOUGH.

They would be (1-2).... and have PT and Marshall next on the docket. 

If they split PT/Marshall... the best they could hope for would be (4-3).  Which is likely  good enough to get in.  BUT if If they lose to BOTH Marshall AND Pine Tree.... (3-4) could be.  That's likely a no on the playoffs (barring some strange things happening at the end of the season).

Which would be harder for Nac?  Beating a big time passing game from PT at Dragon Stadium, or beating Marshall on the road? 

Beat WH... and they are still in the middle of the playoff chatter.  But a loss.... and things are going to get real tight in Dragon Land for the final weeks.

We have to stop turning the ball over, every time we do it ends in points against!! One of the fumbles against Lindale was on a play where we were going to take the lead going in at the half!! Our defense has been great when we don't stick them all the field the whole game with short fields.

I think Nac beats up Whitehouse to stake their claim to a top 4 spot. Even with losses to PT and Marshall probable over the next weeks. Whitehouse has a gauntlet of a schedule coming!!

Getting H2H over them and Jax will go along way into getting us in. I know this is going to sound stupid seeing we are 1-4 but I am telling you Nac is coming guys!!! This is different staff, team and district right now. We just need a big signature win to bring it together. This may not even happen this year, it may be next but the feeling is changing in Nac!!

Also, The way we play at home, beating Pine Tree at home looks more daunting!! than going on the road to Marshall. Before anyone tries to start it, I am not saying Nac. is going to walk into to Marshall and beat them. I am simply referring to our home record.

On 10/6/2019 at 11:29 AM, Mavchamp said:

(barring some strange things happening at the end of the season).

Something always strange happens in this district, look at Jax beating PT last year. Nac beating PT then, PT killing Lindale!!

22 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

Fun fact last Nac won over Marshall came from my team in 2006 When we won 27-20 I believe. We started district 0-2 and did not lose another district game after that.

We were defending state finalist and had started (3-1) in district play.

That loss to Nac was costly.  We lost to WH the following week 35-34.

We would have made the playoffs with our win over Kilgore in the season finale..... but Whitehouse opted to "rest their starters" (translated:  they purposely lost their last game to avoid playing state ranked Texas High in the first round of the playoffs).

WH's squat kept Marshall at home.... and it sent Nac to Div I to play Texas High.  WH dropped to Div II.

I don't blame WH's squatting for us not making the playoffs..... that was on us.  

BUT..... them purposely losing to "duck" out on playing Texas High is still MIND BLOWING to me.

McFarland got crucified for that decision by most HSFB fans in East Texas.  Especially here on SDC.

Of course.....WH fans declared it a brilliant move.

FWIW.... I went over to Tyler and cheered for Nac in that first round game Vs. Texas High. 

I remember all the talk in 2006, 07, 08ish of the Whitehouse dynasty..... even though it never materialized.

But can't forget that squat.  It was epic.  East Texas football lore.....for sure.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

We were defending state finalist and had started (3-1) in district play.

That loss to Nac was costly.  We lost to WH the following week 35-34.

We would have made the playoffs with our win over Kilgore in the season finale..... but Whitehouse opted to "rest their starters" (translated:  they purposely lost their last game to avoid playing state ranked Texas High in the first round of the playoffs).

WH's squat kept Marshall at home.... and it sent Nac to Div I to play Texas High.  WH dropped to Div II.

I don't blame WH's squatting for us not making the playoffs..... that was on us.  

BUT..... them purposely losing to "duck" out on playing Texas High is still MIND BLOWING to me.

McFarland got crucified for that decision by most HSFB fans in East Texas.  Especially here on SDC.

Of course.....WH fans declared it a brilliant move.

FWIW.... I went over to Tyler and cheered for Nac in that first round game Vs. Texas High. 

I remember all the talk in 2006, 07, 08ish of the Whitehouse dynasty..... even though it never materialized.

But can't forget that squat.  It was epic.  East Texas football lore.....for sure.

I remember all those arguments!!! WH had a good team, and Nac had no prayer against Texas High and Ryan Mallet. 

How did Dragons allow Whitehouse to score on a fake punt when it was obvious it would prolly be their only prayer....  I was listening to the streaming radio broadcast with 3:23 left and our radio station all of the sudden had technical difficulties....

One of the calls I remember them talking about was the field goal attempt by Whitehouse that made the score 14-13....  how does a ref call a personal foul ... roughing kicker after a missed field goal as one of the back judges....smh

IDN..

Winning in WH is never easy.  They have some of the best refs in the state for home cooking. 

The road to the playoffs just got a lot harder for Nac. PT and Marshall remain on the schedule. 

Looks like the Dragons will need some help to get in. Not impossible.  But not an easy road. 

24 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Winning in WH is never easy.  They have some of the best refs in the state for home cooking. 

The road to the playoffs just got a lot harder for Nac. PT and Marshall remain on the schedule. 

Looks like the Dragons will need some help to get in. Not impossible.  But not an easy road. 

We snuck in last year..  but pine tree is better then last year we still play Hallsville and mount pleasant. Besides Marshall.