Nacogdoches Vs Whitehouse

nacdragon07

Just now, nacdragon07 said:

We snuck in last year..  but pine tree is better then last year we still play Hallsville and mount pleasant. Besides Marshall.  

Oh.... no doubt Nac is still alive.  Just a tough road to get there.

MP is fiesty.  They don't lay down.  They definitely have some athletes.  

MavChamp, that was many moons ago.   We also had some key players that year that were banged up and needed rest; a few were going to be out of the game, regardless.  Put yourself in our coach’s shoes.  A revitalized program who hasn’t been in the playoffs a while, with a chance to be competitive in D2, to get some meaningful game experience for backups who hadn’t seen much time since pre-district, let someone else have a taste, or an almost certain one and done vs. a much larger school with some D1 talent. That it was Marshall, with a very long history of success, sitting home was a bonus. (I kid. I kid.)

As someone who enjoys a good rivalry, I am hoping that Nac fans haven’t given up on supporting their program, given they also have improved and this was a game with playoff implications.  They do have some good players and a good band, which we do have an appreciation for as well here in the Dub.  Much better than MP’s; still trying to figure out if that was a Twilight homage, or what? Wish them the best, but their crowd was scarce for this road trip; they couldn’t have had two parents in the stands for each player, band member, drill team, or cheerleader.   

No one is giving up at all!! Some horrible horrible calls went whitehouse way!! Called for “leaping” on a missed field goal. No PI call on WH in the end zone when they tackled our receiver! A fake punt for a TD where the player was standing next to the coaches on the sideline in a group of other players and they all ran off just before the snap leaving one player. 

I am still a little bitter, if we get beat so be it, but the officials having this much to do with the district race is ridiculous! 

This is such a better team then our record shows!!

2 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

No one is giving up at all!! Some horrible horrible calls went whitehouse way!! Called for “leaping” on a missed field goal. No PI call on WH in the end zone when they tackled our receiver! A fake punt for a TD where the player was standing next to the coaches on the sideline in a group of other players and they all ran off just before the snap leaving one player. 

I am still a little bitter, if we get beat so be it, but the officials having this much to do with the district race is ridiculous! 

This is such a better team then our record shows!!

I didn’t mean you, who was at the game, nor any of the Nac faithful that post here; rather I was referring to the very small crowd indicating a lot of folks stayed home.  

2 hours ago, WildcatPride said:

I didn’t mean you, who was at the game, nor any of the Nac faithful that post here; rather I was referring to the very small crowd indicating a lot of folks stayed home.  

Nac doesn’t travel!! Hell we barely fill our home stands for homecoming!! This is one thing the new AD is working on is getting ppl to the games for all sports!!

1 hour ago, Nacwagons said:

Nac doesn’t travel!! Hell we barely fill our home stands for homecoming!! This is one thing the new AD is working on is getting ppl to the games for all sports!!

Gotta win first I hate to say it but we got to get to a level where we win consistently not every once in a while.