WEEK 7: Paris(4-2) at Celina(4-2)

regaleagle

Okay.....I put up the thread for this very important game in 4A this week.  Where are you Parisian???  And all the other Paris posters too.  You will be playing in Celina's new stadium this week and they are out to prove to EVERYONE in 4A that they are back!!  I will admit that they have a pretty good group over there this season.  I'm anxious to see how this one goes.....since Argyle plays Paris next week and Celina is Argyle's rival.  Let's put up a poll in this one to take everyone's temperature.  Waiting on you, Parisian......to give us the scoop.

Here's what's happened so far for both teams:

8/30   @  Pleasant Grove 22           Paris 16 (L)                                     8/30    @ Celina 14           Frisco Memorial 16 (L)

9/06   @  Paris 42            Terrell 7 (W)                                                     9/06   @  Celina 67           Liberty Christian(Argyle) 35 (W)

9/13   @  Gilmer  20              Paris  37 (W)                                               9/13   @  Nolan Catholic(Fort Worth)  27          Celina  12  (L)

9/20   @ Mount Pleasant  8             Paris  30  (W)                                  9/19   @  Dunbar(Fort Worth)  6                Celina  49  (W)

9/27   @  Melissa   54                 Paris  46  (L)                                         9/27   @  Sanger  7              Celina   63  (W)

10/04  @  Paris  59                 Anna  7  (W)                                              10/04  @  North Lamar   6               Celina  58  (W)

It appears Paris has scored a total of 230 pts while allowing 118 pts against its schedule so far.  Celina has scored a total of 263 pts.  while allowing 97 pts. against its schedule.  Both teams have played 6 games.  Paris is (1-1) in District 7-4A D-1 while Celina is (2-0) in this district.  It also appears Paris MAY have played a tougher schedule so far, but it's difficult to say with Celina playing two TAPPS D-1 traditional powers.

The record of the Wildcats' opponents so far is (19-15) against their schedules while the record of the Bobcats' opponents so far is (12-24) against their schedules.  While this is difficult at best to interpolate......let's just say that this game will stand on its own merit between these two teams.  We think we know more about Paris this season than Celina......so that's the mystery to this game.

There are no offensive or defensive stats listed on MaxPreps for either team.  I'm pretty certain the Wildcats base their main attack on their ground game more than a passing attack.....although they will throw it at least 20-25% of the time.  They do have some quality receivers and a good-throwing QB in Luke Hohenberger(6-1/180, Soph.). He looks like a very good young QB to me.  Depending on who they are playing determines just how many times they opt to go more with their passing offense.  But primarily I think we can all agree that Paris will hang its hat on their stable of RB's moreso than thru the air.  #22  Zykius Jackson is the real deal at RB for the Wildcats......his size is not listed on the Maxpreps roster, but from seeing him on filmclips this season and watching him in person last season I'm guessing he's about (5-11/190).  He's a junior this season and was a key player last season at RB as a soph.  The Wildcats have 2 or 3 very good, speedy RB's......I'll let a Paris poster tell us more.

I'm pretty sure that Celina is much the same offensively.   They have attempted to move back to their old-school power running attack with some passing mixed in to keep the defenses from loading up the line against their offense.  They do have some excellent skill players at all positions and some beef on both lines.  Their QB #9 Hunter Watson(6-3/190, Sr.) is a good one.  He's a running threat on any play as well as a very good thrower.  He's a field general out there and very football savvy.  Their main RB #4  Logan Point(6-0/200, Sr.) is the leader of their team. He also plays OLB for them on defense......or maybe FS at times.  He can even line up at QB at times.  They have another Logan at MLB that's also their defensive leader......#28 Logan Engle(6-2/216, Sr.).  They are a senior- laden team with some outstanding players as juniors also.  Not a whole lot of sophs. playing regularly on this year's team.  Last season they were younger......so they carried over that experience to this season.

You can google Celina ISD new football stadium or go to Texas Bob Stadiums to take a look at it.  Or somebody can just put up a link here to show it......I don't know how.  It's a $25 Million Athletic Complex/Football Stadium that currently seats 6500......4500 on the home side and 2000 on the visitors side.  But it is built to be expandable in coming years to seat 10,000.  It's new this season, so I haven't been to a game there yet. But Argyle will be playing the last district game of this season in Celina this year......so I reckon I'll definitely go to that one.

Might be a better idea for me to go see the Celina/ Paris game this week instead of attending the Argyle/N. Lamar game in Argyle that will be homecoming and most probably a blowout.  I'm not really a fan of all the hullabaloo that happens on homecoming night at the game.  It was interesting when my son was playing, but that was many moons ago......not really relevant to me nowadays.

3 hours ago, regaleagle said:

It's called entertainment.......I'm entertaining the veiwers that come on here and read the posts.  Sooner or later Parisian and other Parisite posters will show up and chime in.  

Very good information regaleagle. I appreciate it. Enjoy reading all the stats. You broke it down pretty good. I’m takin the bobcats. 

Just now, wingtveer said:

Very good information regaleagle. I appreciate it. Enjoy reading all the stats. You broke it down pretty good. I’m takin the bobcats. 

I should be totally neutral here, but I'm not for several good reasons. #1.  Celina is our Rival.....they have NOT been gracious to us over the years.  #2.  Paris has already  suffered one loss in district while Celina is still undefeated.  #3. We will play Paris the following week and Celina in the final week of district play.  #4.  A Paris win this week sets up a bigger game against Argyle the following week in Paris.  #5.  I like the way Paris has always played against Argyle.  They have never won against us, but had many close contests and always exhibited quality  sportsmanship even in the losses. 

The best thing that can happen for Paris is to win this game against Celina this week, regardless of what happens against Argyle the following week.  The rest of their district schedule should be wins against Sanger and  North Lamar.  If they lose this week, they could be relegated to 4th spot in the district standings or tied for 3rd.  It is possible in this district for all 4 playoff teams to tie with the same record in  district @ 4-2.  I'm not sure what the tie-breakers are in our  district.

I'll chime in. I mainly hang out on The Downlow and just read the posts over here, but I can't let ol' Regal do all the talking! 

First of all, let me start by saying ... I'm not sure what run-in you've had with Celina folks, regal, but I'd hardly say we're belligerent towards Argyllians. You'd be welcome to sit on the orange and white side if you chose to do so. You may get a little ribbing, but all in good fun. Anything belligerent would be an outlier and probably from a non-Celina resident.

Celina does have a brand new stadium/facility, and as far as I've seen, it is completely unmatched at the 4A level. Just south of us, 6A Prosper opened up one that puts Allen's to shame, and of course, McKinney opened their new stadium this year too. But pound-for-pound, Celina's new digs are unbelievable.