💣 The impeachment of Donald Trump

DaveTV1

Larry Schweikart: Don’t Worry About Mitch McConnell On Impeachment
DB Daily Update ^ | David Blackmon

Posted on 10/2/2019, 12:34:57 PM by EyesOfTX

Yertle’s Quiet Effectiveness

Poor old Mitch McConnell. The Senate Majority Leader is frequently accused of being part of the “Swamp.” Perhaps he is, but he has been superbly effective for the last four years, and almost nobody notices. Indeed, Yertle (as I affectionately call him) has been a one-man Senate wrecking crew against liberals.

Yet he is constantly under fire, most recently from Rush Limbaugh who cited Yertle’s comment that if the House impeaches President Trump, the Senate must have a trial. Well, duh.

That’s the Constitution fer ya!

But I don’t think it means at all what it seems, and I think Nancy Pelosi (who I refer to as “Botoxic”) is realizing that. But let’s review Yertle’s record first, shall we?

In 2015, at no one’s urging, Yertle took it upon himself to block Barack Obama’s U.S. Supreme Court nominee, Merrick Garland, from receiving a vote, claiming (with no particular historical precedent) that because Zero (my nickname for Obama) was in the last year of his presidency, that would not be fair. Keeping Garland off the Court and preventing a Democrat 5-4 majority would have been huge, to say the least.

But Yertle didn’t stop there.

*Lucy Koh, nominated to the Ninth Circuit, was reported out of the Judiciary Committee but Yertle didn’t give her a floor vote. Instead that went to a Trump appointee, Daniel Collins.

*The same story was true of Donald Schott, a Seventh Circuit nominee. The seat ultimately went to Trump pick Michael Brennan.

*In the Eighth Circuit, the nominee Jennifer Puhl likewise was not given a vote. That went to. Trump pick Ralph Erickson.

*At the Supreme Court level, Yertle promised that both Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh would be confirmed. They were. (By the way, yesterday Russell Bucklew was executed: his appeal, Bucklew v. Precythe involved the issue of capital punishment, and the Court ruled against Bucklew. That very well may not have happened without Kavanaugh.)

*He promised to pass the tax cut. He did.

*He promised to bring Obamacare up for a vote (note: Yertle did NOT promise to pass it, as I think he knew John McCain would do his infamous “thumbs down.”)

So as best I can tell, every time Yertle says he will do something, it gets done. Let’s return to Yertle’s comment about holding a trial if Botoxic passes impeachment: I don’t think this was Yertle laying down at all (or, I guess, retreating into his shell). I don’t even think this was him absentmindedly saying he’d follow the Constitution.

This was a shot across Botoxic’s bow. This was Yertletalk for “Make my day.” This tells me Yertle knows he hsa 34 hard “acquits” in his caucus (and likely another 10 squish acquits—that is, RINOs who, when they see how the vote is going, will be on the winning side). Indeed, I think Yertle is right now just a couple of votes away from something that is rarely mentioned: a “dismissal.” The Senate must convene a trial, but in Bill Clinton’s impeachment trial, two weeks in, Senator Robert “Sheets” Byrd filed a motion to dismiss.

It only failed by seven votes—for a president who had clearly lied and obstructed justice. Therefore, I think Yertle probably could count on about 45-47 votes to dismiss right now. If the impeachment charges from the House are lame (as almost certainly they will be), Yertle can reach 50, and Mike Pence breaks the tie. By saying “We’d have to have a trial,” Yertle was promising Botoxic and the Democrats would lose in a most embarrassing way, that there would be no stalling, and that it would be over before Ilhan Omar could marry another male relative.

Yertle knows his caucus, and he knows that other than Mitt (“Minion”) Romney, no one will vote to convict Trump of anything. I can almost hear Yertle, in his best Pedro Serrano voice (from “Major League”), “You bring dat #### to me, mon. Bring dat #### to me!”

Larry Schweikart, co-author of the New York Times #1 bestseller, A Patriot’s History of the United States with Michael Allen and author of Reagan: The American President, has regular court and political updates at his site www.wildworldofhistory.com on the VIP side. For a free “Reagan” webinar, email him at [email protected].

Moscow Mitch is EVERYTHING that is wrong with DC, regardless of party, as he is entrenched and drenched in power as anyone there, his wife's political appointments and nefarious doings aside. He IS The Swamp, and that is only overlooked or forgiven by his blind supporters, because of his extremely one sided partisanship that has caused the environment in Congress to completely disintegrate. And, I know, before it's said, that some of you only want one party rule, basically an oligarchy, and you hide behind that 'this is a Republic' throwaway line as a way of justifying it. GREAT irony would be if he finally went down to defeat in his home state, which is a possibility, last I read, because he is so beholden to party politics. hence the cancelled middle school for military families in Kentucky to help pay for the wall. 

• Stinks 2

14 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Moscow Mitch is EVERYTHING that is wrong with DC, regardless of party, as he is entrenched and drenched in power as anyone there, his wife's political appointments and nefarious doings aside. He IS The Swamp, and that is only overlooked or forgiven by his blind supporters, because of his extremely one sided partisanship that has caused the environment in Congress to completely disintegrate. And, I know, before it's said, that some of you only want one party rule, basically an oligarchy, and you hide behind that 'this is a Republic' throwaway line as a way of justifying it. GREAT irony would be if he finally went down to defeat in his home state, which is a possibility, last I read, because he is so beholden to party politics. hence the cancelled middle school for military families in Kentucky to help pay for the wall. 

LOL one sided partisanship can't believe you actually said that

45 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I understand, Barbara, I used to be a Democrat too, years ago before my eyes opened & I saw The Light! It’s OK, just breath deeply, calm yourself , & Open your Eyes & your Mind... Step Out of the Darkness! You’ll feel somuch Better!😋👌

• Like 1

• Mr. P changed the title to 💣 The impeachment of Donald Trump
  • 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

One Question, Gladys; Why all the secrecy in this investigation? Pelosi & Schiff are playing this whole thing close to the vest in a blatant attempt to overturn the 2016 election results.

I still maintain that everything being done in such a clandestine manner is being done at the behest of Hillary Rodham Clinton as revenge for her not being named & appointed Czar of the United States. 

This Whole pile of 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩smells to High Heaven...🤨

2 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

One Question, Gladys; Why all the secrecy in this investigation? Pelosi & Schiff are playing this whole thing close to the vest in a blatant attempt to overturn the 2016 election results.

I still maintain that everything being done in such a clandestine manner is being done at the behest of Hillary Rodham Clinton as revenge for her not being named & appointed Czar of the United States. 

This Whole pile of 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩smells to High Heaven...🤨

No 'secrecy' but precaution and protection of witnesses and their information, which allows for confidentiality, like in a CRIMINAL investigation, since there isn't a special prosecutor this time around, but Congress doing its job. 

3 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

No 'secrecy' but precaution and protection of witnesses and their information, which allows for confidentiality, like in a CRIMINAL investigation, since there isn't a special prosecutor this time around, but Congress doing its job. 

The dimtards are running a kangaroo court.....if CONGRESS were doing it's job, ALL sides would be involved and the witnesses would be produced.......you know....like the Constitution SAYS........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

The dimtards are running a kangaroo court.....if CONGRESS were doing it's job, ALL sides would be involved and the witnesses would be produced.......you know....like the Constitution SAYS........

The American people are never going to accept the results of this one sided partisan lynching ... Little Pencil Neck Adam Schi:poop:tt is selectively leaking bits and pieces of testimony secretly from his cave of treason .... He won't release the entire transcripts because 90% of it exonerates President Trump and exposes their secret behind closed doors kangaroo court .... the dims will pay for this in 2020 .... 

2 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

You're confused.  Trump is the target here, not the Clinton's,  which means nobody is really at risk for personal harm.

Ridiculous stunt that is all about trying to make things into a circus atmosphere, to support the ringmaster. Even Jordan said bringing phones in was a serious breach that 'wouldn't happen again.' Sad days when that Goetz, Florida's version of Louie Gohmert, is speaking for you, GOP. 

Oh, and by the way, how was much of the Benghazi investigation conducted, before going into public settings, which is also the intention of what is going to happen of lawmakers now, next? Anyone know the answer to that one?