Gladewater vs Mineola

PapaBear1

3A Div. 1 District 8  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Mineola Yellowjackets
    • Gladewater Bears

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/12/2019 at 12:30 AM

On 10/8/2019 at 7:35 AM, GWBears01 said:

Bears but win lose or draw I just want to see the offense get it together. If the offense catches up to the defense we will be a tough out come playoff time. 

Defense has definitely stepped up since the beginning of the season 

1 minute ago, bearnation said:

defense has been very opportunistic, it seems they are still giving up plenty of yards, but they are limiting scoring and are forcing turnovers 

The shorter the field gets the better the defense is. I think this has to do with the speed on that side of the ball. We are still a little vulnerable in some areas but they seem to make plays when needed. 

• Stinks 1

23 hours ago, bearnation said:

To me, we struggle stopping the run but thats just purely eye sight I have no idea what the stats say, @Golfingnut how are our stats vs the run/ vs the pass this year?

In 6 games we've given up 1491 yrds on 237 carries and 720 through the air on 42 of 92 passing.

Team speed is good enough on defense that they can limit the big plays.. and like others said the smaller the field gets the better the defense gets. One thing I will say is this is one of the better secondary’s GW has had in the last few years as a collective unit.