Gladewater vs Mineola

PapaBear1

3A Div. 1 District 8  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Mineola Yellowjackets
    • Gladewater Bears

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/12/2019 at 12:30 AM

25 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

Can’t blame the defense. Last three games they’ve given up 12,19 and 17. Only thing that has changed is the offensive production and it’s pretty much coincided with some decisions. That’s all I’ll say. 

It your talking about since 2 nd game, cause not much has changed in offense either. Center didn’t count wouldn’t have mattered who was playing QB, Bears ran it right at center after 2 early turnovers. PG-0, Winnsboro- 16 (helped by a huge special team play late), west Rusk - 22 had a return for a TD, so offense scored 2 times) Mineola- 14. So what offense production you talking about?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PapaBear1 said:

It your talking about since 2 nd game, cause not much has changed in offense either. Center didn’t count wouldn’t have mattered who was playing QB, Bears ran it right at center after 2 early turnovers. PG-0, Winnsboro- 16 (helped by a huge special team play late), west Rusk - 22 had a return for a TD, so offense scored 2 times) Mineola- 14. So what offense production you talking about?

The coaching staff has to come to grips that this isn’t the type of team that we can smash the rock with.  The success we had in the run game the second half was after loosening the defense up with short passes. I just feel like we have the skill position players that if you can get it to them in space we will have success. I know you can’t just throw it outside to DJ every play but when there is a mismatch exploit it. Make the other team adjust !  Then things can open up in the run game. 

35 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

Can’t blame the defense. Last three games they’ve given up 12,19 and 17. Only thing that has changed is the offensive production and it’s pretty much coincided with some decisions. That’s all I’ll say. 

Oh please, say more since you want to bring it up. So what decisions would you have made different? Offense maybe hasn't scored a lot of points, but in fairness they haven't had the ball much. Offense can't score if they don't have the ball. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Golfingnut said:

Oh please, say more since you want to bring it up. So what decisions would you have made different? Offense maybe hasn't scored a lot of points, but in fairness they haven't had the ball much. Offense can't score if they don't have the ball. 

I can agree with that but at times we also don’t help the defense because we don’t sustain drives. That first offensive series where we ran it right at Snead twice and then throw up the deep ball was a good example. 

2 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

That's true didn't have the ball much but 3 consecutive dive plays inside the 5 then a boot on 4th smh. Last time I checked we have some of the fastest kids in the district but continue to bang our heads against the wall 

13 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

Besides the Winnsboro game the offense has had the opportunity to have the ball. There’s been several three and outs. We arent dominant up front this year and we continue to try and pound it. I understand being balanced but at some point we need to get the ball into space to the skill players. Happened a few times tonight and they all went for substantial gains. 

I guess y'all need to go get your coaching degrees since y'all seem to think y'all could do a better job. How about you figure out how to keep those talented players on the field. Seems to me our coaches are dealing with a lot of things this year that aren't necessarily in their control. Yes, we have tons of talent but there is more to coaching than having kids with talent. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

I guess y'all need to go get your coaching degrees since y'all seem to think y'all could do a better job. How about you figure out how to keep those talented players on the field. Seems to me our coaches are dealing with a lot of things this year that aren't necessarily in their control. Yes, we have tons of talent but there is more to coaching than having kids with talent. 

We are speaking about on the field issues. What goes on behind the scenes some of us know about. Deal with it or not.  Stop the excuses.

17 minutes ago, coolbear99 said:

We are speaking about on the field issues. What goes on behind the scenes some of us know about. Deal with it or not.  Stop the excuses.

You need to get over yourself!!! By your statement you have no clue what I'm talking about, but keep chimming in. Maybe it'll make you feel better, but I doubt it. Some people just want to gripe. 

• Thanks 2